(Update) Possible Overwatered. Nut Def.

• Thread starter Tikiknight1000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tikiknight1000

Tikiknight1000

She has been doing alot better and slowly recovering from the overwatering situation but now after extensive research I found that when I looked up everything I put into the soil. I may be low on Phosphates and Potash. The soil is Miracle gro indoor potting soil with added worm castings and watered with superthrive the last week or so. Added NPK is around 2 - .13 - .19....I think I may be starving her of phosphates and potash and that's why her leaves are slowly still yellowing even after using superthrive. Plz help. Need some guidance.

Update possible overwatered nut def
Update possible overwatered nut def 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
She has been doing alot better and slowly recovering from the overwatering situation but now after extensive research I found that when I looked up everything I put into the soil. I may be low on Phosphates and Potash. The soil is Miracle gro indoor potting soil with added worm castings and watered with superthrive the last week or so. Added NPK is around 2 - .13 - .19....I think I may be starving her of phosphates and potash and that's why her leaves are slowly still yellowing even after using superthrive. Plz help. Need some guidance.
i’ll think about this in a bit, but i see a tip or two looking “burnt” it might be from your overwatering, also could be from just a touch of too much nutes,
from the photos it doesn’t look too yellow at all, i could be wrong.
soil looks dry, which is good, maybe time for a small feeding, you don’t want to water all that soil, just a bit around the stem.
i’m wondering if the light is too close? what do you think? it’s best to try low stress. fixes first.
there’s no rush, you don’t want to compound mistakes!
wait for more replies to this thread for help.

Tikiknight1000

Tikiknight1000

i’ll think about this in a bit, but i see a tip or two looking “burnt” it might be from your overwatering, also could be from just a touch of too much nutes,
soil looks dry, which is good, maybe time for a small feeding, you don’t want to water all that soil, just a bit around the stem.
i’m wondering if the light is too close? what do you think? it’s best to try low stress. fixes first.
I've had to remove some yellowed leaves that were beginning to die and that's the reason why I've dailed down my watering. Also for the last two waterings I've used the prescribed dose of superthrive. After careful research I found that with the added worm castings and superthrive, the leaves are still turning yellow. The soil I used doesnt even have 1% of the phosphate and potash needed for food. I've given it plenty of nitrogen with worm casting and superthrive but I think with her added stunted growth because of the overwatering issue I think now she needs some Phosphates and potash. Although I tested her runoff yesterday and its TDS is 378ppm and EC 757 us/cm. Ph is around 6.0-6.5. As far as the lights well I'm certain those aren't the issue because I've moved them and they havent directly affected the plant. The yellowing started happening about three weeks ago. It's just now starting to recoup from overwatering.

Tikiknight1000

Tikiknight1000

I've had to remove some yellowed leaves that were beginning to die and that's the reason why I've dailed down my watering. Also for the last two waterings I've used the prescribed dose of superthrive. After careful research I found that with the added worm castings and superthrive, the leaves are still turning yellow. The soil I used doesnt even have 1% of the phosphate and potash needed for food. I've given it plenty of nitrogen with worm casting and superthrive but I think with her added stunted growth because of the overwatering issue I think now she needs some Phosphates and potash. Although I tested her runoff yesterday and its TDS is 378ppm and EC 757 us/cm. Ph is around 6.0-6.5. As far as the lights well I'm certain those aren't the issue because I've moved them and they havent directly affected the plant. The yellowing started happening about three weeks ago. It's just now starting to recoup from overwatering.
She is due a watering tomorrow but I'm thinking of top dressing some dr earth home grown fert. NPK IS 4-6-3 WHAT DO YALL THINK?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the new growth looks good, the droopy yellowing leaves is caused by the overwatering, in time with proper care it’ll be fine.
not sure if from seed, but seedling don’t need any nutes until the two small round cotyledons leaves are dying, the seed comes with all it needs until than.

Tikiknight1000

Tikiknight1000

the new growth looks good, the droopy yellowing leaves is caused by the overwatering, in time with proper care it’ll be fine.
not sure if from seed, but seedling don’t need any nutes until the two small round cotyledons leaves are dying, the seed comes with all it needs until than.
Ok that's what I wanted to know. I plan on transplanting agin once she gets to that point. But I'm concerned as to when I can start top dressing her and using compost teas and such. When can/should I start adding the home grown Fert? Again the NPK of the fert is 4-6-3

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ok that's what I wanted to know. I plan on transplanting agin once she gets to that point. But I'm concerned as to when I can start top dressing her and using compost teas and such. When can/should I start adding the home grown Fert? Again the NPK of the fert is 4-6-3
i do, once those small round leaves are dying i’ll start feeding her nutes, i’m in soilless so no nutrients in soil, i’ll give mine like 1-1.25 ml per gallon of a veg,calmag,karma each in water as the mix for a couple feedings than slowly up it, everyone’s different too.

Tikiknight1000

Tikiknight1000

i do, once those small round leaves are dying i’ll start feeding her nutes, i’m in soilless so no nutrients in soil, i’ll give mine like 1-1.25 ml per gallon of a veg,calmag,karma each in water as the mix for a couple feedings than slowly up it, everyone’s different too.
I've since had to remove the small round leaves because they were dying from overwatering. How will I be able to tell when to start Nutes?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

the leaves will tell you when she wants anything

gnick's advice is impressive

fellas, did the grower mention any products which aerate?

when u transplant, ask one of these guys, for a non miracle grow, "soil" u could use, without having to learn, zealot amendments, early on in growing.
u might start a grow journal n link these guys in. you'll have 100 people, freakin out, the moment u show any anomalies... with rescue training.
lemme grab a useful chart...
there's mobile nutes in the plant and non... as leaves change color, this is the movement of nutrients, from old growth, to new, etc.

marijuana garden saver by j.c stitch is one of the most useful books i have and some of the locals, here, have a free pdf, link. i think you'll sleep better, with it under the pillow.

Screenshot 20200515 065716 Chrome
Screenshot 20200515 065609 Chrome
Screenshot 20200515 065701 Chrome
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

when u transplant, ask one of these guys, for a non miracle grow, "soil" u could use, without having to learn, zealot amendments, early on in growing.
u might start a grow journal n link these guys in. you'll have 100 people, freakin out, the moment u show any anomalies... with rescue training.
there's mobile nutes in the plant and non... as leaves change color, this is the movement of nutrients, from old growth, to new, etc.

marijuana garden saver by j.c stitch is one of the most useful books i have and some of the locals, here, have a free pdf, link. i think you'll sleep better, with it under the pillow.
you are the man!!

Tikiknight1000

Tikiknight1000

I'll be feeding with Dr. Earth Home Grown tea starting tomorrow. The dose will be .5 of a Teaspoon mixed in water. But her leaves look like she still wants nitrogen. Last time I watered with superthrive and the runoff read TDS 378 ppm, EC 757us/cm, ph is around 6.0-6.5.
This is what she looks like today.Should I also add superthrive to the water nutes mixture for a boost in Nitrogen?

growsince79

growsince79

use 1cup pee/ 1 gal water.

R

redshift75

how close are your lights? My experience is light burn at early stages can easily present itself as a nutrient deficiency. Its not always the bleaching people read about. can easily manifest itself in the form of nutrient deficiencies as it tries to overcome. Just throwing out something to consider that hasnt been touched on yet. The way the top tips are burned and pointed up with the others slightly drooping from the watering w/ the greener portions being in the upper leaves shade. Seems to me it could be too intense of a light at that stage. Not saying thats what it is. Just giving another Point of view on a possibility. From the one pic it looks like that light might be 6" away from the top. But i have no idea what light you are using or its intensity. point being if it is that, adding more nutes can do more damage than good trying to compensate for the light. Will just keep adding to the burn.

R

redshift75

Don't use superthrive except one drop when transplanting. Stop the crazy organic teas. Use pee and see for yourself. It works great 100% organic immediatly availible NPK and trace minerals.
My neigbor always pees on his plants for this very reason. Says they need a good soak after every transplant. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 (he pees on the soil not the plant itself)

Tikiknight1000

Tikiknight1000

how close are your lights? My experience is light burn at early stages can easily present itself as a nutrient deficiency. Its not always the bleaching people read about. can easily manifest itself in the form of nutrient deficiencies as it tries to overcome. Just throwing out something to consider that hasnt been touched on yet. The way the top tips are burned and pointed up with the others slightly drooping from the watering w/ the greener portions being in the upper leaves shade. Seems to me it could be too intense of a light at that stage. Not saying thats what it is. Just giving another Point of view on a possibility. From the one pic it looks like that light might be 6" away from the top. But i have no idea what light you are using or its intensity. point being if it is that, adding more nutes can do more damage than good trying to compensate for the light. Will just keep adding to the burn.
I have already moved the light farther away before and it didnt do anything. My lights are one t5 and two feit 9watt full spec bulbs. They both hardly give off any heat. I had an overwatering issue and that's why she looks the way she does. I'm thinking of starting a slow organic tea tomorrow. Also thinking of adding one drop of superthrive with the tea. Last two waterings I've used superthrive and she has been recovering because of it. This is the most lively she's looked in a while.

Tikiknight1000

Tikiknight1000

Don't use superthrive except one drop when transplanting. Stop the crazy organic teas. Use pee and see for yourself. It works great 100% organic immediatly availible NPK and trace minerals.
I'm not sure about the pee thing although I have heard some good things about it. Since this is my first grow I'm not going to experiment to that point just yet. Superthrive can be used regularly if she needs the extra nitrogen. I plan on giving her a flush tomorrow morning and then giving her the tea. Hopefully she wont die lol...I'll try the pee thing with my next grow

growsince79

growsince79

I'm not sure about the pee thing although I have heard some good things about it. Since this is my first grow I'm not going to experiment to that point just yet. Superthrive can be used regularly if she needs the extra nitrogen. I plan on giving her a flush tomorrow morning and then giving her the tea. Hopefully she wont die lol...I'll try the pee thing with my next grow
Is this a new kind of superthrive? The stuff I'm thinking of isn't even plant food. It's a b1 and root stimulater with trace amount of N that will totally fuck up your plant if you use too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom