• Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Anthem

Anthem

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Using Overdrive after week 6 will make the plant foxtail badly. I would suggest stopping it today!
Dang, that's crazy that the company would suggest using it for weeks 6 and 7 if planning on flushing for week 8. I'd hope a company that's been doing this over 20 years would've known better. I've never heard that from anyone using Advanced before, appreciate the heads up, I'll have to ask if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dang, that's crazy that the company would suggest using it for weeks 6 and 7 if planning on flushing for week 8. I'd hope a company that's been doing this over 20 years would've known better. I've never heard that from anyone using Advanced before, appreciate the heads up, I'll have to ask if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Companies suggest nutes based on ways to make you use more in many many cases... can it be used to harvest... sure. Should it be? I would trust @Anthem on that. Never used it but if he gave me that info... I would accept it. Unless my stubborn ass wanted to see how much it would affect it as I'm know for making mistakes fully informed just for personal experience.

I value the learning as much as the anything else including harvest quantity and quality.

If I'm not happy with something it goes in my edible buckets so I don't worry much but if your striving for the best sometimes it's just best to heed the advice given.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Companies suggest nutes based on ways to make you use more in many many cases... can it be used to harvest... sure. Should it be? I would trust @Anthem on that. Never used it but if he gave me that info... I would accept it. Unless my stubborn ass wanted to see how much it would affect it as I'm know for making mistakes fully informed just for personal experience.

I value the learning as much as the anything else including harvest quantity and quality.

If I'm not happy with something it goes in my edible buckets so I don't worry much but if your striving for the best sometimes it's just best to heed the advice given.
I might try to feed two of them without the overdrive and two with to see the difference. So would I go back to the big bud coco or just the A+B? It just seems weird that they would specifically state to start the overdrive in the last couple weeks before flush (they even reiterated this recently when I was on the phone with grower support). I'm not arguing or challenging, I'm just confused as to why they would do that, using it in the last 2 weeks wouldn't cause me to use more nutes than if I started using it 2 weeks before that. Or are you saying it's a waste to use it altogether? I've talked to a few people who said they really liked the overdrive.

Anthem

Anthem

I might try to feed two of them without the overdrive and two with to see the difference. So would I go back to the big bud coco or just the A+B? It just seems weird that they would specifically state to start the overdrive in the last couple weeks before flush (they even reiterated this recently when I was on the phone with grower support). I'm not arguing or challenging, I'm just confused as to why they would do that, using it in the last 2 weeks wouldn't cause me to use more nutes than if I started using it 2 weeks before that. Or are you saying it's a waste to use it altogether? I've talked to a few people who said they really liked the overdrive.
Take a look at the bottles, specifically the NPK ratio's. I was once in the place you are at and I hate to admit it but I fell for the snake oil presentation as well. I have used Overdrive many times and I have had conversations with numerous people about the product. It is a PK booster and it has some sort of PGR (plant Grow Regulator) in it. The nutrient companies only have to post up the NPK values on the bottles. I am 100 percent certain it will cause foxtailing if used late in flower.
I have tried a lot of PK boosters and I am glad to say I am done with them. Most just add foxtails to the plants IMO. I have used Green Sensation early in flower and it does bring on early bud set but at a price. Meaning you will get buds to start growing earlier, but there is a price to pay in mid flower. I have tried probably 5 or 8 different PK Boosters. They are just a way for the nutrient companies to sell you more product and if you look at the price tag, they are always more than the base nutrients. I believe the nutrient companies purposely use their base nutrients at a lose leader. Meaning they sell the Veg, Bloom and Base cheap to hook you into the PK boosters. Do yourself a favor and get off the PK Boosters.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Take a look at the bottles, specifically the NPK ratio's. I was once in the place you are at and I hate to admit it but I fell for the snake oil presentation as well. I have used Overdrive many times and I have had conversations with numerous people about the product. It is a PK booster and it has some sort of PGR (plant Grow Regulator) in it. The nutrient companies only have to post up the NPK values on the bottles. I am 100 percent certain it will cause foxtailing if used late in flower.
I have tried a lot of PK boosters and I am glad to say I am done with them. Most just add foxtails to the plants IMO. I have used Green Sensation early in flower and it does bring on early bud set but at a price. Meaning you will get buds to start growing earlier, but there is a price to pay in mid flower. I have tried probably 5 or 8 different PK Boosters. They are just a way for the nutrient companies to sell you more product and if you look at the price tag, they are always more than the base nutrients. I believe the nutrient companies purposely use their base nutrients at a lose leader. Meaning they sell the Veg, Bloom and Base cheap to hook you into the PK boosters. Do yourself a favor and get off the PK Boosters.
I appreciate the heads up!

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

They got you for 10 bottles?
Yep, results have been fantastic too. Biggest, healthiest and fastest growing plants I've ever grown. Did FF last grow and this one was almost 2 weeks ahead with way better growth and structure all around. Way better terpene production, way more trichomes, I'm a big fan so far.

SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

Hey anthem,

Do you have any other feedback on that green sensation? Hydro store gave me a litre and I'm doing some research on it but can't seem to find much aside from marketing. What do you mean by the cost? Do you mean increased yield at the cost of quality? We're you using the recommended 1ml/l or something else? I've seen someone say to start with 1ml/g, but I question if using it at 1/4 strength would still make it effective. I tried to look at your page but it wouldn't let me. Thanks

Anthem

Anthem

Hey anthem,

Do you have any other feedback on that green sensation? Hydro store gave me a litre and I'm doing some research on it but can't seem to find much aside from marketing. What do you mean by the cost? Do you mean increased yield at the cost of quality? We're you using the recommended 1ml/l or something else? I've seen someone say to start with 1ml/g, but I question if using it at 1/4 strength would still make it effective. I tried to look at your page but it wouldn't let me. Thanks
For starters the Hydro gave you a full litre of it for free? It is literally around $220.00 retail in the US. It is made by Canna and a purple bottle? The stuff basically brings on an early bud set, meaning it will make the plant produce flowers a little earlier than if you let the plant just do its own thing. I have about 3/4 of a bottle of it and I have stopped using it. It is a PK buster and I am just done with using PK boosters, IMO they do more harm than good.
What I found with the product was an early larger bud formation but the plant would stall in mid flower. If you look at some of the reviews on the stuff there are comments about people using it and it would cause the plant to become lighter green. Looking back this is the case I found. It might be just a case of not giving the plant enough food but I really doubt it. I was feeding the plants with pretty high PPM's back then.
TBH I took a look at your profile and I just would not recommend using that stuff, but YMMV. I feel that PK Boosters do more harm than good. I use to use them but they just are more snake oil than good IMO. If you feed the plant correctly with good NPK ratios there is no need for PK Boosters. Lastly, if you take a look at the prices, pretty much every single nutrient company sells their base NPK for a lot less than the PK Boosters. I just use a basic nutrient line now. Athena Pro, it is a dry nutrient line that you have to weight out, but super cheap.
The hydro store people tell you what sells products, that is basically their job. You will save yourself a lot of problems and you will also save a lot of money by just sticking with basic grow nutrients and staying off the stuff the hydro store recommends. Here is a great example, the guy that was feeding me the snake oil product reviews was also doing his own grow, in DWC. Oh I should correct that to RDWC. He said he was feeding at over 2000 PPM. Well I can tell you that I just ran a crop at about 800 to 900 and it was about the best I have ever done. I am in hydro, flood and drain so his numbers should be even less than those. Final weight is a week or 2 away but the point of this is less is more.
Stick to your choice of nutrient lines, the Athena Pro I mentioned is just a 3 part system. Veg, Bloom and Core. You use the veg and core in veg and the Veg and bloom in flower. I just use that with extra Cal Mag under LED's and some silica. About the only other product I use is terpenz.
I used the green sensation at like 2 to 3 mills per gallon of water. Always go at least half of the recommend dose of any nutrient. If is is just a PK booster I would go even less like 25 to 30 percent to start. Again I do not recommend the use of PK Booster. Now you watch someone is going to come to this thread and tell you I am full of shit. I may be but it works for me and I have tried the snake oil and I am done with it.

Colossus

Colossus

Unfortunately they have stopped all shipments down under. I literally ordered whatever was around.

Rhinoskin
BudCandy
Overdrive
Voodoo
Tarantula
Unfortunately none of the A Bs were allowed to be shipped to australia (i did use connosuir a b in europe and it was brilliant) we had only the 3part grow here which i could not access (sold out) so i went to floramax who have a new ph tech thats compatible with all Advanced Nutrients ph rangeđź‘Ś

Madmax

Madmax

So you cant get nutrients past customs colossus.i might have found a shop that will ship dyna gro but am thinking of asking customs what can and cant b brought in..

Latest posts

Top Bottom