Updates on AZ MJ laws

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Are there any good links or threads that discuss the current situation regarding the AZ MJ laws? Most of what I found were old articles and such. I will be re-locating to the AZ desert region in a few months.

From scanning the threads here, it appears this AZ Forum needs some beefed up and spirited discussions as well. :)

Looking forward to some peyote hunting. :D

R

red x

You need named card to buy at one of the few dispensaries
You can only grow your own if you are25miles away from any dispensaries
Cards are renew annually for about $200.00
What else You need to know?
Peace
Ez

ttystikk

ttystikk

Brother Kolah, Godspeed and safe landing in your new home! I've enjoyed the last few times I've visited AZ, but I like where I live. That said, I'm sure I will enjoy the next few times I visit AZ as well!

K

kolah

Thanks Ty.

No home grows if you are in a potshop 25 mile radius? wow..who drew that up, huh? lol

Personally I like AZ and like many states they have good regions and shitty areas. Where I will be there are lots of lakes and the Co River as well.

I just wanted to see how the AZ MJ laws has played out....and it sounds a bit disappointing (no surprise huh?) I just want to grow 5 or 6 plants, nothing more. I'm dying to see how MJ will grow on AZ sun.

sky high

sky high

The one thing you will like is that there is protection for med users against DUI in their law. Your CO med card is also good there, if you had one. LOL. Like everywhere else, gonna be good points and bad points and good peeps and bad peeps.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Kolah, perhaps you might want to reach out to KAL EL, he still occasionally visits. He seems to be the most knowledgeable about the laws in AZ of anyone I've seen on any boards I frequent.

K

kolah

Thanks SM. I am thinking about growing just a few plants outdoors in 15 gallon buckets and I have no interest in obtaining any "cards."

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I'm dying to see how MJ will grow on AZ sun.

I left a plant outside just to see if it would do good with all that sun, but it didn't, it burnt up,I only had it out there for maybe 5 or 6 hours.... need to have some kind of shadescreen or something. This wasn't even during summer either, this was probably a month ago. But I have been dealing with the heat, I have a AC/Swamp cooler that I keep in my garage and It's been doing great until a few days ago, the power kept going off, it wouldn't stay on, I had to keep going to the breaker box and flipping the switch,I finally brought the garden inside to one of my kids rooms, had to move my youngest son to my older sons room, just for the summer, when it cools down, it will go back in the garage. Gotta see if I can fix it so it wont keep flipping. Either that or I will just stop growing in the summer and start up again when it cools down, couldnt do that now though, I got too many plants that are still halfway.

I heard if your growing outside, you gotta have like an 8 foot wall surrounding the area.

waayne

waayne

I left a plant outside just to see if it would do good with all that sun, but it didn't, it burnt up,I only had it out there for maybe 5 or 6 hours.... need to have some kind of shadescreen or something. This wasn't even during summer either, this was probably a month ago. But I have been dealing with the heat, I have a AC/Swamp cooler that I keep in my garage and It's been doing great until a few days ago, the power kept going off, it wouldn't stay on, I had to keep going to the breaker box and flipping the switch,I finally brought the garden inside to one of my kids rooms, had to move my youngest son to my older sons room, just for the summer, when it cools down, it will go back in the garage. Gotta see if I can fix it so it wont keep flipping. Either that or I will just stop growing in the summer and start up again when it cools down, couldnt do that now though, I got too many plants that are still halfway.

I heard if your growing outside, you gotta have like an 8 foot wall surrounding the area.

CINDARELLA99 most plants will UV burn badly if taken from an indoor environment and
placed outside in full sun without being hardened off first......If you harden them off properly , they will fare much better outside.....

I grew 2 years in desert heat,learned a lot by that experience, and no thanks,never again.....I'll take a temperate climate any day over the desert temperature extremes........ pretty much nothing but dry hot days and cold nites in the desert
My plants never appreciated the temperature extremes or the cold nites in the Fall and Spring much.......

In that Summer heat the plants will do best in large well mulched holes of organic soil
Container plants will have to be buried in the ground to avoid cooking the roots.......If you're dead set on containers,try to avoid using black pots if possible......
And you'll need copious amounts of water ,and some shade cloth would be good as well
There's nothing much about 115 degree heat that they like ,they will survive ,but Arizona sure isn't Humboldt or Mendo......

Be careful tending plants in the ground as the rattlesnakes love to hang out around the moist soil where it's a bit cooler
I've had more than one occasion of rattlers hanging out around my plants,they will help with the rodents though......:)

Good quality outdoor can be done there ,but it's not that easy by any stretch of the imagination
The best Arizona outdoor I've ever seen was some Hawaiian genetics that were grown there in the late Fall/early Winter in a greenhouse

Good luck!

R

red x

Apologies! I haven't got you filed in my head as a Zonie. I have KAL filed in my head as a Zonie. :D

Btw, I happen to adore a good chopped liver.
I was just kidding no offense taken
azborn&raised lol
Best of luck Kolah, depending where you move will detemine how to grow.
it can be hot as hell or damb cold
any ?s will be answered p
peace
ez

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

how about constant dtw from a cool water source, and genetics who can deal with lower rh and nighttime temps?

K

kolah

Are dispenseries up and running yet? I ask because I see they have a bogus rule that you can't grow if you are within a 25 mile radius of a potshop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom