Uphill battle.

• Thread starter 4plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4plant

4plant

This summer my family had the opportunity to sell our town house in the burbs and head out to a country property with lots of space and we jumped on it. The only problem was my grow room in the old place was super dialed in and now I’m restarting in a basement that was originally dug in 1850.

I wanted to start a journal but not sure I’ll keep up with everything I’m doing, so I’ll try to post here. I’ve had so many issues and want to show you guys some of the fails I’m living with. Temp and humidity issues in the basement have had me batteling pm for the first time ever. I also had no idea water out of a softener is deadly for plants? I’ll post some pics later and show everyone how bad I suck at growing. I’ve had to start doing some real work in the grow room again and it’s actually been kinda fun figuring all this stuff out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This summer my family had the opportunity to sell our town house in the burbs and head out to a country property with lots of space and we jumped on it. The only problem was my grow room in the old place was super dialed in and now I’m restarting in a basement that was originally dug in 1850.

I wanted to start a journal but not sure I’ll keep up with everything I’m doing, so I’ll try to post here. I’ve had so many issues and want to show you guys some of the fails I’m living with. Temp and humidity issues in the basement have had me batteling pm for the first time ever. I also had no idea water out of a softener is deadly for plants? I’ll post some pics later and show everyone how bad I suck at growing. I’ve had to start doing some real work in the grow room again and it’s actually been kinda fun figuring all this stuff out.

I know how you feel. I set up in my 90 year open old rock form Michigan basement. Even with a 70 pint humidifier the humidity kept my pots wet, rotted my roots and grew mold in my soil bin.

Honestly I rebuilt in a spare bedroom upstairs and run 2 dehumidifiers year round to keep the basement and rest of the house 45-60% max humidity.

My old converted cabin is in a lake neighborhood. The ground is always wet underneath.

4plant

4plant

It’s been tough, I got spoiled with my old room but I’m making headway now. I went through my seed reserve and found some zkittlez seeds I never sprouted and cracked two of them along with a freebie fruit punch.

My room can swing by 20% rh if I sneeze big and the zkittlez is a pm magnet. This it the third of 3 seeds all with pm problems. I can understand the current conditions causing that but another in the summer was the same story beside healthy lush plants. I had to kill it before it infected the rest.
72810378 6545 48E9 84B4 AFCCB1F1F2D0
00D3F6F7 99AB 4FFB BCD5 1D3B4044F6A6

With all the bs I’ve been fighting I couldn’t kill the fruit punch if I tried so I think I hit the jackpot with this freebie. In a panic after the third spell of pm in my tent I cloned the fruit punch? went away for the weekend and came back to this
AEF38464 DF03 4FF9 9A41 7C205110C877
62FB56C8 0F25 41C5 AE90 4B705CD4E21A

Somehow a week later they have roots so I have some work to do getting them back to health. I’ve gone through a bunch of easy runs so this is actually kinda fun trying to see if I can push through and not just scrap it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i fore see you building a ground up grow room in the basement,one ting that probally a good thing is the geothermal temps during the summer months,your pretty much growing in what we called a root cellar in my day,so you can buy tons of stuff to suck out the moisture ,or just build within and spend the cash for dehumidifing the enclosure ,how big is the basement?

4plant

4plant

i fore see you building a ground up grow room in the basement,one ting that probally a good thing is the geothermal temps during the summer months,your pretty much growing in what we called a root cellar in my day,so you can buy tons of stuff to suck out the moisture ,or just build within and spend the cash for dehumidifing the enclosure ,how big is the basement?

The basement is pretty big as it use to hold an old cistern. The space the tent is in now is about 15’ x 25’

4plant

4plant

I’ve been doing some work to try to turn things around. Put my big fan in along with a humidifier and dehumidifier.

4plant

4plant

I’ve got my temps/ humidity dialed in well now but I’m wondering if the damage from pm is too much to recover from? Has anyone ever had any luck coming back from an outbreak? My fruit punch plant is invincible but the zkittlez are super sensitive. These are from the same seed pack I grew in the summer and had to chop because of pm.

I’ve taken clean cuts from them but I’m tempted to hack the big ones down. What do you guys think?

4plant

4plant

Well, no replies after three days either means I’m posting in the wrong place or no one wants to look at sickly plants. I’m Gunna cut down the two zkittlez in back today. Super disappointed in these seeds, my conditions aren’t ideal for sure but this is 3/3 for getting pm with these. One outside and two in.

Top Bottom