Upper leaves dying overnight. Thinking manganese deficiency?

• Thread starter Jorden486
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jorden486

Jorden486

This appeared overnight. Everything looked more or less normal last night before lights out.
I’m about 3 weeks into flower. These two plants are under an Ion led running at 100%. The very top is roughly 8 inches away. There is a 1000w hps running at 85% about 4 feet away that is giving some light to the side of one plant. The other is strictly under the led. Both are Jack Herrer. 10 gallon pots. Promix soil. RO water with fox farm nutrients at 3/5 strength. 1400 ppm of co2. 74 degrees and 40-55 humidity.
looking online it may be manganese deficient but how do I correct that? Any help is appreciated.
Upper leaves dying overnight thinking manganese deficiency
Upper leaves dying overnight thinking manganese deficiency 2

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Co2 still running or is the tank empty? Fans not kicking on to exhaust heat? Looks like heat stress if it happened after one day.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
This appeared overnight. Everything looked more or less normal last night before lights out.
I’m about 3 weeks into flower. These two plants are under an Ion led running at 100%. The very top is roughly 8 inches away. There is a 1000w hps running at 85% about 4 feet away that is giving some light to the side of one plant. The other is strictly under the led. Both are Jack Herrer. 10 gallon pots. Promix soil. RO water with fox farm nutrients at 3/5 strength. 1400 ppm of co2. 74 degrees and 40-55 humidity.
looking online it may be manganese deficient but how do I correct that? Any help is appreciated. View attachment 1161115View attachment 1161116
Nvm that you said temps are at 74. When running co2 you’re supposed to run higher temps as well so the plants can utilize it or else it’s a waste from what I’ve read. Someone correct me if I’m wrong? I run co2 as well and my tent is between 90-93F.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Deficiency's don't blow the leaves like this over night. A burn can happen pretty quick but over night seems suspicious. This plant has rolled leaves and the leaf tips look like minor nitrogen burn. I also see hooking. What's the PH at ? I suspect under watering and to close to the light. You mentioned nutrients. What are the 3 numbers on the can. ?-?-? This plant should be on 3-6-12 or other blooming mix at this stage. Very little Nitrogen it's done growing. It's well into producing it's fruit. I'd honestly suggest that you go to the local flower shop. Pick up a bottle of Pro Mix 3-6-12. Give it 1 cap full pr full watering can once a week. Give it the full can. Soak it good. You also need to defoliate this plant. When on 12 and 12 plants naturally drop leaves and put everything into bud formation. I'd remove everything green that is not sticking out of a bud. ASAP. Sorry I guess it's a hydro plant. You still need to get it on a bloom solution and strip the green off. Let finish budding. Get that PH 6.0

Jorden486

Jorden486

Thank you for the reply. I truly appreciate any help.
I have a data logger in this room and my temps were stable all night. Same as they have been since the start of flower. I know it sounds weird that this happened overnight but it did. I’m around these plants far more than my children.
i ph my water every time. With the fox farm nutes it’s very difficult to keep it up. I have been using about 5.6-5.75. Do you think that’s to low? The water starts about 5.7-6 but those nutes really bring it down.
I don’t know the numbers but I’m following the fox farm schedule with 9 or 10 different substances.
I water every day. I read of people that water every second of third day and I don’t know how that works. My plants are DRY after 24 hrs, not dropping but light. I truly don’t think they are dry.
Thank you for the tip about defoliation. I thought you shouldn’t trim a plant in flower? Should I get rid of fan leaves? I heard from a biologist professor that they should stay on because the plant will pull the nutrients from those leaves to fill the bud.
Again thank everyone for replying.

Jorden486

Jorden486

Also I flushed them today and plan on using full strength nutrients tomorrow. I’m in a rural area so any extra nutrients I’ll have to order.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Super light burnt. No offense to the OP but why is everyone doing this lately? Seems to be a forum wide trend.
Ya plus these LED fixtures are getting stronger and stronger it’s becoming that much easier to do. I had slight yellowing once or twice directed on the center of my plant and I knew instantly to adjust but this thing is fried!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Since everyone’s mentioned lights already, I’m interested to know what the ec of your last feed was and what the pH was. pH can really affect your plant rapidly as well.

bejd2010

bejd2010

looking online it may be manganese deficient but how do I correct that? Any help is appreciated. View attachment 1161115View attachment 1161116
Looks like light burn, nute deficiency, and black mold

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Best light out there.... Take a look. https://medicgrow.com/?ref=HydroTrolly

I switched to this light and my plants are amazing. First hydro grow, got the light about a week in. Only problem is roots clogging water flow. In week 6 of flower right now. You can follow the grow on instagram @hydrotrolly or https://growdiaries.com/diaries/112557-grow-journal-by-synthamesc
That looks like some reggy I used to smoke back in high school. Read the TOS and stop flooding someone else’s grow log, to display your boof. Peace.

Mugwort

Mugwort

I looked briefly at Ion LED grow lights you say you are running at 8” above your canopy and the lowest wattage light I saw was 630w! Have you checked the PPFD footprint table for your light?Typically, from what I’ve experienced and read, a light that powerful is kept at least 18” from the canopy. I lower mine < 22” and I have bleached leaves. Please follow up with us when you find out cause.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Your plant is burnt. Pluck the yellow leaves off, move the light up or dim it.

That is classic cooked. It definitely happens overnight, sometimes I've cooked them in just hours.

A lot of people are letting you know you cooked them. If you're still cooking them it won't be good.

Use the app to check lux,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tsang.alan.lightmeter&hl=en_US&gl=US

Aim for 50k or so to give them a breather for a day or 2, then up it gradually while watching your plants.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Actually it was on par with the topic of light stress douch bag.
Another one with hurt feelings. Hahah. Your post says nothing about light stress. You just boast about how “great” your lights are and proceed to display your boof. Happy grows.

Synthamesc

Synthamesc

Another one with hurt feelings. Hahah. Your post says nothing about light stress. You just boast about how “great” your lights are and proceed to display your boof. Happy grows.
Nah... No hurt feelings.... Just hate conversations with morons. If you can't connect the dots between light stress and a light suggestion then your right there in that group.

Top Bottom