Upside Down And The Praying Mantis Leaves?

• Thread starter CannaBeeTrue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaBeeTrue

Thank you for allowing me here..:) I have a "Friend" who is having an issue with his plants! from what I can see I think it is the PH as it was very high. However, the problem is that the meter for reading the PH is a cheap one (a new one is on the way and we hope it arrives in time to save them) and I think it is giving wrong readings? The meter shows over 7 PH even after three days of flushing with water at 5.5? The flushing was gradual meaning it was flushed in the morning with three times the volume of water of the pot and then again in the evening, the PH level checked each time (still showing over 7 PH) and it is not going down in fact it has only moved 0.5 on the meter which is why I think it is wrong? They are showing signs of over watering now and I am worried about having them flushed again as the soil is now super wet! Some of the leaves have turned upside down and some have put their leaves together like they are praying? So I really do not know what the correct PH is here as I don't trust "his" meter! I have attached some photos so you, the experts can see and if you have any suggestions I would truly be grateful! Thanks again!

edit: please upload photos to thcfarmer only

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CannaBeeTrue

Ok I found it, before it did not give me the option to put a file which is why I put a link, fixed it!

Last edited:
C

CannaBeeTrue

CanaProbs 0
CanaProbs 1
CanaProbs 2

Tat2420

Tat2420

It's always hard to be sure from a pic...especially off a small phone screen. However, I see a bit of a light/heat issue combined with too small of a pot.

More info would help.
Soil mix?
Nutes and schedule?
Lighting schedule and distance as well as type.
Temp and Relative humidity.

I've seen leaves flip like that when the fans were too strong or not oscillating.
I used a cheap ph pen for years. Just get a cpl different reference solutions and calibrate before each use. Pain in the ass but it works.

The lockout looks like potassium...can't tell. Crappy cracked screen on phone.

First thing I would do is transplant...plain ph'd water feedings til she says she's hungry...

Then look into your environmental factors like temp humidity wind speed and air exchange

Tat2420

Tat2420

How large are those pots 2-3 gallon?

Most indica strains need 5 gallon pots. Sativa stesibs need even larger pots 7-10 gallon

Look like standard 1.5 gal.
Give those ladies more room and they'll prolly blossom

Organikz

Organikz

It's always hard to be sure from a pic...especially off a small phone screen. However, I see a bit of a light/heat issue combined with too small of a pot.

More info would help.
Soil mix?
Nutes and schedule?
Lighting schedule and distance as well as type.
Temp and Relative humidity.

I've seen leaves flip like that when the fans were too strong or not oscillating.
I used a cheap ph pen for years. Just get a cpl different reference solutions and calibrate before each use. Pain in the ass but it works.

The lockout looks like potassium...can't tell. Crappy cracked screen on phone.

First thing I would do is transplant...plain ph'd water feedings til she says she's hungry...

Then look into your environmental factors like temp humidity wind speed and air exchange
I see the heat issue as well. The leaves are turning upside down to shield it...possibly light burn...idk where to begin as far as fixing your problems.

Growweedeasy.com

Tat2420

Tat2420

First things first...transplant to a larger pot.
All of your symptoms can be root related...
Start there...then process of elimination if new growth shows any issues.

Tat2420

Tat2420

After better evaluation of your pics...i was mistaken regarding the lightburn...that was actually just curled serrations.
Which takes me back to transplant...5 to 7 gal. with good drainage ect.

C

CannaBeeTrue

WOW thanks for the replies!!! My girl is dying before my eyes since taking the images a few hours ago the situation has gotten worse! I have more photos I took just now I will put them here. I had no real way to check the PH as the meter is just useless a new one is on the way but a few days a way and it may be to late for that. So I took a gamble and flushed again with a 5 PH water (used test kit to get it, but not sure how good that is either!) and dropped a little more soil in. I do not have larger pots right now and need to get them on line so again will take time I don't think she has? The pots are 10ltrs that's 2.6 gallons. The reason I went this way as I had just finished one test plant and it all went well in that pot got a good result. So I went and did 4 more to see how that would go and then this shit happened? Now it is a constant battle to save them! I am not real good at this just yet (obviously!) I am using Conifer Fertilizer Professional feed (2 caps in a gallon) and gave 100 mls of this solution a day morning and night for a week, they were going great. I have them in Canna Soil (Peat, pertilte, dolomite lime, mineral NPK fertilizer) Dry matter >30% Oganic matter >85% EC 1.0ms/cm PH water zone 6.0 Mineral NPK 12-4-24 1.5kg/m2. Had auto water feeders running so the soil stayed moist but not over wet, they work great. As they are autoflower I have the light on a 24/7 with the BLOOM setting on two Viperaspectra LED lights (450watts each). Heat has not been a issue as the room is a constant 22C max 26C. Air flow is good no hot pockets, the other three are much better it is just this one? It all started when the PH got high as I was unaware at the time of it creeping up until it went off the scale!!! Then in a mad rush I started flushing and now I really messed it up! The PH meter sucks! I think the soils is now at 5.5 PH judging from the wet test kit (drops in the water)? The lights are kept 18inches or more away at all times and they still stretch, so don't think it is light burn? I am hoping that my emergency flush will give it a chance, but we will see. I will put the updated images here. I really do appreciate your help guys!!!! I will look into getting the pots changed ASAP but it will not happen for this one unfortunately as it will take a few days and that may be more than she has? I want to run a 10 plant grow next time so I really need to understand what I am doing here! I will be using the FOX FARM system in the future and have bought all the stuff I need for that and will follow their schedule to the letter next time, did not know about them until now. As I said previously I have had very good success until just now and it is the same seeds! Northern HIGH lights. The PH can cause the lack of nutrients which you mentioned here (thanks again!) but I am hoping that once the PH is steady it will grab what it needs without me messing with it and making it worse! The dam thing only has a week or two to go I would be devastated if it fails now after so long! The next run was going to be Auto Sour Melon Mass autoflower that's a cross of (Monster Mass, Sensi Star, Big Bud Auto) So I am expecting good results! I just need to get my act together. And bigger pots!

CanaProbs 3
CanaProbs 4
CanaProbs 5
CanaProbs 6
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

WOW thanks for the replies!!! My girl is dying before my eyes since taking the images a few hours ago the situation has gotten worse! I have more photos I took just now I will put them here. I had no real way to check the PH as the meter is just useless a new one is on the way but a few days a way and it may be to late for that. So I took a gamble and flushed again with a 5 PH water (used test kit to get it, but not sure how good that is either!) and dropped a little more soil in. I do not have larger pots right now and need to get them on line so again will take time I don't think she has? The pots are 10ltrs that's 2.6 gallons. The reason I went this way as I had just finished one test plant and it all went well in that pot got a good result. So I went and did 4 more to see how that would go and then this shit happened? Now it is a constant battle to save them! I am not real good at this just yet (obviously!) I am using Conifer Fertilizer Professional feed (2 caps in a gallon) and gave 100 mls of this solution a day morning and night for a week, they were going great. I have them in Canna Soil (Peat, pertilte, dolomite lime, mineral NPK fertilizer) Dry matter >30% Oganic matter >85% EC 1.0ms/cm PH water zone 6.0 Mineral NPK 12-4-24 1.5kg/m2. Had auto water feeders running so the soil stayed moist but not over wet, they work great. As they are autoflower I have the light on a 24/7 with the BLOOM setting on two Viperaspectra LED lights (450watts each). Heat has not been a issue as the room is a constant 22C max 26C. Air flow is good no hot pockets, the other three are much better it is just this one? It all started when the PH got high as I was unaware at the time of it creeping up until it went off the scale!!! Then in a mad rush I started flushing and now I really messed it up! The PH meter sucks! I think the soils is now at 5.5 PH judging from the wet test kit (drops in the water)? The lights are kept 18inches or more away at all times and they still stretch, so don't think it is light burn? I am hoping that my emergency flush will give it a chance, but we will see. I will put the updated images here. I really do appreciate your help guys!!!! I will look into getting the pots changed ASAP but it will not happen for this one unfortunately as it will take a few days and that may be more than she has? I want to run a 10 plant grow next time so I really need to understand what I am doing here! I will be using the FOX FARM system in the future and have bought all the stuff I need for that and will follow their schedule to the letter next time, did not know about them until now. As I said previously I have had very good success until just now and it is the same seeds! Northern HIGH lights. The PH can cause the lack of nutrients which you mentioned here (thanks again!) but I am hoping that once the PH is steady it will grab what it needs without me messing with it and making it worse! The dam thing only has a week or two to go I would be devastated if it fails now after so long! The next run was going to be Auto Sour Melon Mass autoflower that's a cross of (Monster Mass, Sensi Star, Big Bud Auto) So I am expecting good results! I just need to get my act together. And bigger pots!
Yes. Bigger pots.

Also shouldn't the ph be higher like 6.3-6.8?

Hopefully the ladies survive.

C

CannaBeeTrue

You are right about the PH needing to be higher but the PH was off the scale high so I did 5.0 try and bring it down to 6 hopefully? I also just ordered 10 x 30 liter pots will be here tomorrow!! Then it will be transplant time! I really hope they can wait till tomorrow! I am very impressed with all the knowledge you guy have here! I don't feel so alone now! I would like to run something by the group if I could? This is the scheduled I was going to use next run, can anyone see any issues with it? But I worked it out on a 10 liter pot, I will be using a 30 liter pot now, not the 10 liters..:) But over all what you think should this work?

GrowChat
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Nobody said it so here I go.... what's up with those pots. They have another pot inside? If so that could be your problem.

C

CannaBeeTrue

Nobody said it so here I go.... what's up with those pots. They have another pot inside? If so that could be your problem.

No they are just 2.6 gallon pots which I have now learned are way to small and probably the cause of my issue so new ones are arriving tomorrow! I have 10 x 30 liter pots coming so that is three times the size about 7.8 gallons, should fix it I hope!

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

No they are just 2.6 gallon pots which I have now learned are way to small and probably the cause of my issue so new ones are arriving tomorrow! I have 10 x 30 liter pots coming so that is three times the size about 7.8 gallons, should fix it I hope!
Ohhhh ok got it :) that's how you water...

C

CannaBeeTrue

Anyone have any good tips for getting the plants out the pot without killing them or breaking the pots! I am alone so I will not have help? Thanks!

C

CannaBeeTrue

Ohhhh ok got it :) that's how you water...

Yes I have the self feeding water system which works great once you get the level right, gravity feed the plant sucks the water as it needs it..:) Then you just set and forget! Just keep an eye on the water bottle level of course you can't let it go empty!

Organikz

Organikz

Not too wet and not too dry. The day between waterings. I use kelp meal tea/aloe foliar feed to nearly eliminate shock.

Top Bottom