upsidedown seedling

• Thread starter sun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sun

sun

need advice one of my seedlings is shooting its root strait up out of its peat pellet ...any advice on the least harmfull way to save it

Upsidedown seedling
Upsidedown seedling 2
M

moonbiscuit

my friend the best thing i can tell you to do is gently break apart the peat pellet then gently try to replant root down.

A

addicted

I'm no help... But something that stupid deserves to die and save the rest of the gene-pool.

Darwin FTW

BigBud09

BigBud09

I am new to the the grow scene but even i know that you should plant your seed with the root tip pointing downwards into the peat pellet then you should not have this problem, did you plant your seed properly with the root tip pointing downwards??? try to carefully cut the cube in half so it shows the top then put the half that you have just cut in the bottom of the root, also you only hv to plant the seed about twice as deep as the seed is wide :joint:

sun

sun

xxx

i soaked the seed & put it directly into the peat no paper towel germination

Patriot

Patriot

I have that happened to me before. Take some twisers. and take the seed out very carefuly and turn it around manually, dis a little whole, place it in it and buried the moss around it again without covering the whole seed .....it should work but u have to be very careful my firend....

sun

sun

bigbud09

I am new to the the grow scene but even i know that you should plant your seed with the root tip pointing downwards into the peat pellet then you should not have this problem, did you plant your seed properly with the root tip pointing downwards??? try to carefully cut the cube in half so it shows the top then put the half that you have just cut in the bottom of the root, also you only hv to plant the seed about twice as deep as the seed is wide :joint:
.........ordenarily i would germinate my seeds on paper towel then plant them with the root pointing downwards, but the little root hairs can get attached to the paper towel & when you pull it away they can get torn making the seedling suseptable to rot.so because of the value of these i cracked them in peat...thankyou for the suggestions ..peace sun

sun

sun

xxxxx

i would like to thank everyone for the help & suggestions .............what i decided to do was cut away the mesh , wash away the peat ,this freed the seedling witch i then planted with the root pointed down......this process seemed nice & gentile to me..here,s some pics .........sun

DSC02576
DSC02578
DSC02580
DSC02582
Patriot

Patriot

You will see Sun, in two days that baby id out of its casing....and looking for Sun

sun

sun

right on patriot,i need as many seedlings to germinate as possible,im on a budget lol .......peace sun

Patriot

Patriot

So whats the update on the upsidedown seedling ....Did he make it

Patriot

Patriot

Grass CLippins

She looks healthy, a little small but healthy....
You know what i found out by trail and error. I found out that separating the grass cuts from the lawn...and placing them in a little mount by the sun, that compost is execllent for Vegetation...once the grass starts turning into mush....mash...cant spell....mix it with water and add to the plants...its not strong so it wont hurt them but it works like great...Feed it to the plants once per week or once every two weeks and u will see the immense difference.....
Take Care Sun

hey patroit ! ya here she is:smiley_joint:

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

high guy, sorry i didn't see your posting on the 3rd.

anyway, you did the right thing.

here are a couple pics of one i had to do the same thing to,
as it happens, it was 1 of 5 and, once i got it turned around,
it showed that it was the most vigorous of the 5 and, almost
a year later, it still is, lol. (it's clones root faster and grow
more vigorously than it's cousins)

DSCI0223crppd
DSCI0246crppd
WR1 e
DSCI0687WR 1smll
sun

sun

hey just another bozo ,it does seem to have more vigor.:smiley_joint:

sun

sun

hey bozo if you read this are those w-rino,s & power plants .if so did you have any luck with them .i bet they yeilded well.idk just interested sun

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

hey bozo if you read this are those w-rino,s & power plants .if so did you have any luck with them .i bet they yeilded well.idk just interested sun

yeah man, the twisty one is White Rhino #1 and her clones
are still going strong.

i popped those 5 WR's along with 5 PPP's (Pure Power Plant)
and ended up with 5 female WR's and 4 female PPP's, lol, so
i still have 5 beans each and they're almost like feminized, lol.

btw, i still have clones of 4 of the WR's and 2 of the PPP's
although i have so many other flavors right now i'm unsure
whether i'll keep them.

sun

sun

right on ill be watching i might evan order them someday peace sun

Top Bottom