Upstate, Mango and Kushage

• Thread starter Thatgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thatgirl

This year a friend of mine did an outdoor grow with Upstate, Mango, Kushage, and God Bud. They were pollinated by a neighboring male (where she lives, everyone grows) that was either Big Bud or some old CA homegrown stock. She kicked me down some seeds, and of course I had to crack a few of them right away! I thought it would be fun to do a grow diary. I did one upstate, one kushage, and 2 mangos, the kushage is going to be ready to plant tonight or tomorrow. Cross your fingers for all girls! First photo is the upstate start :)

Upstate mango and kushage Upstate mango and kushage 2 Upstate mango and kushage 3

T

Thatgirl

I know its only been a couple of days, but things are of course happening in the first few days LOL. The Kushage was planted yesterday, and opened up today. The biggest mango is just barely poking out its 2nd set of leaves. Also included is a photo of some blueberryxtrainwreck that has been drying for 3 days :)

IMG 8818 IMG 8820 IMG 8823 IMG 8831

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

So far so good.. Good luck with the new Lil seedlings..

T

Thatgirl

Thanks! They are still thriving, so thats a success to me! LOL. This is only the 3rd time I have grown from seeds that they have lived, I don't know what my problem was/is, but I would kill the seedlings every time!

Here they are so far. The one mango that was the most vivacious is still doing the best. My mom has a theory that the ones that grow the fastest are male, so we will see!
Mango1 Mango 2 Kushage upstate
IMG 8875 IMG 8876 IMG 8877 IMG 8878

I figured I would add this one in. This is a mystery seed that I got from a different friend, that he got from some other friends LOL. OMG its SOOOO skunky smelling!!! Its got to be a female right? Males don't smell do they? Especially not so young still right?
IMG 8880

:)

T

Thatgirl

Transplanted them into 2 gallon pots a week or 2 ago. I took photos tonight but the ones of the kushage and upstate were out of focus.
Mango 1
IMG 8907

Mango 2
IMG 8909

The super skunky, mystery seed is growing up nicely too
IMG 8914

Jillybean about 5 weeks in, I think. I threw a couple in and forgot to write down when, so its just a guess lol.
IMG 8919

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Looks like some of those seedlings could use a little N. Top dressing with some EWC might not be a bad idea.

outwest

T

Thatgirl

Yeah, I burned them a bit, so I backed off on feeding them, they do look like they are ready to be fed again though huh. I don't know what EWC is?

T

Thatgirl

Well the mystery seed, Mango 1, and Kushage all turned out male :( I think Mango 2 and upstate are hopefully going to be girls, they haven't showed anything yet.

dirk d

dirk d

Well the mystery seed, Mango 1, and Kushage all turned out male :( I think Mango 2 and upstate are hopefully going to be girls, they haven't showed anything yet.
sorry girl, good job on everything though. I find that the males will show the earliest and if you have a group of plants then you can anticipate the remainder are females after the males show. good luck on everything.

T

Thatgirl

The Mango 2 is definitely female, the upstate is being weird, it might be a hermie, am giving it more days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom