Us Patent Pending For Genetically Modified Marijuana

• Thread starter SeaF0ur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Allergens are only one facet. It is clear that you are not reading any of the sourced material I am providing. Which takes this out of the realm of a discussion.

65 Health Risks of GM Foods : Institute for Responsible Technology

Part 1: The Documented Health Risks of Genetically Engineered Foods
Section 1: Evidence of reactions in animals and humans
Section 2: Gene insertion disrupts the DNA and can create unpredictable health problems
Section 3: The protein produced by the inserted gene may create problems
Section 4: The foreign protein may be different than what is intended
Section 5: Transfer of genes to gut bacteria, internal organs, or viruses
Section 6: GM crops may increase environmental toxins & bioaccumulate toxins in the food chain
Section 7: Other types of GM foods carry risks
Section 8: Risks are greater for children and newborns
Section 6: MAY increase environmental toxins & bioaccumulated toxins? You know what we're getting with the new stacked traits, I'm sure of it. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that one of the chemicals that our conventional ag farmers are going to be spraying next year is Agent Orange, aka 2, 4-D. Pesticide drift, anyone????

Btw, I'm going to state right now that the new GM potato that had a gene stripped out does not appear to be such a bad thing to me. Outside all those fries, of course.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Why can we genetically modify food and plants but not animals and people?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We keep cutting the telomeres too short...?

squiggly

squiggly

Just pointing out I predicted this happening like 5-6 years ago on this very forum and was told I was out of my noggin.

I, for one, am for it.

I don't see a need to pretend we're protecting some pristine lifeform that's been free from human influence for millenia. Most varieties these days would have huge trouble surviving on their own without human intervention--primarily because we haven't bred this stuff to be hardy, but rather potent.

Genetic modification is an easy route to our end goal--cannabinoids.

Look to the future when THC/CBD will be produced in plants that aren't even mildly related to cannabis, but which have a much higher capacity for isoprenoid and terpene syntheses.

This shit is coming, it always has been. Now you can't stick your heads in the sand and ignore it anymore.

Welcome to 2014.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Rasta Science Teacher

Latest posts

Top Bottom