US vs UK terminology

• Thread starter tristanmatthew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tristanmatthew

I've been used to US terminology for so long, I've come back to the UK, and have no idea what to ask for...

someone asked me if i wanted 'weed or skunk'... ive been under the impression weed was everything, and you get different types, like swag, dro, and exotics (which is usually really good dro)... obviously i know they have different names and such, but people dont tend to know that much over here.

if anyone can help me ask for the right good stuff, it'd be much appreciated

T

thc4sim

Fuck knows mate weed is skunk, green, in the UK everyone calls it diff things??

I call mine by its strain name,
usually shortened tho.. newyork... eastcoast... cheese... ect.
just explain that you want good bud!,
usually pretty hard to find in the UK, there is plenty crap bud around you can pick up quite easy, anywhere from 3.5 to 2 gram bag for 20 quid..

Oh and yea like Guano says!! Keep away from the dreaded Soapbar!!,
and Sprayed Buds!:worried you gotta look at what your getting ideally

T

tristanmatthew

yeah im used to smoking good shit, my faves so far being fruity pebbles and white widow... thats how i know my weed by the strain names... but people here have no idea what theyre smoking/selling... and from the few people i know, its just shit... someone help me find a good dealer!! haha

T

thc4sim

Finding a good dealer! never easy ive lived here all my life and still struggle to find anything worth smoking! unless you grow enough for yourself!!

maybe anyone from the london area may know the best areas or things to ask for?..

Here is the link to the Hemp Expo next month,

there will be plenty guys over from the US, so you may be able to get hooked up with a regular contact?? who knows...

if all else fails you are only a short flight to amsterdam!!
cheap flights from london airports!

T

tristanmatthew

maybe.. thanks a lot for that... i will definitely head out there.

yeah if theres anyone from the london area, hit me up!!

cheddarlope

cheddarlope

ask for the 'peng ting' and someone mite be able 2 help u in london..!

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Good luck finding something smokeable in the uk lol, you might be lucky to get some bud sprayed with nasty shit or some nice wet 45day skunk #1...gottta love england :flower

F

FastForward

Good luck finding something smokeable in the uk lol, you might be lucky to get some bud sprayed with nasty shit or some nice wet 45day skunk #1...gottta love england :flower

+1

Grow your own - it's the only way. I've no idea how long you've been away for but the past few years have seen:

- contaminated weed (sprayed with dangerous crap to make it heavier)
- major busts of big grows

Demand is high, supply is low and the prices are skyrocketing - I think most people in the UK are seeing a minimum of 150/oz for average gear, over 200/oz for the good stuff.

If you can get good gear you'll pay through the nose for it and it's not reliable or regular. If you want good green, grow your own. It's the only way, unless one of your close mates happens to be a farmer. Welcome home :)

edit: p.s. I'm just grateful I started farming before the credit crunch - the world markets can burn for all I care, just as long as I've got some solid schmoke ;)

bongeyered

bongeyered

round these parts people have either; dutch, english, g bud or cheese. these are what they call them, but what they are as in strain i dont know. 3g for dutch and english, 2.5g for g bud and 1.8/2g for cheese for £20. this being the reason i have started to grow my own. :smoke

M

moggggys

round these parts people have either; dutch, english, g bud or cheese. these are what they call them, but what they are as in strain i dont know. 3g for dutch and english, 2.5g for g bud and 1.8/2g for cheese for £20. this being the reason i have started to grow my own. :smoke

dutch is rolled or washed shit normally sprayed afterward , if you get lucky you get a suger wash , get unlucky and get plastic or glass

english is normally mango grow by vietnamiese , piss wet through and treated like shit

seen the prices per kilo now ! last i heard its something like 3600 minimum going to 3800 as the norm to 4000 for the good stuff , shittttt who needs gold

G

gacktodd

sucks you gotta keep an eye out for sketchy weed there in the UK - I've never heard of bud being washed with sugar much less rolled in glass/plastic here stateside. I'm sure somewhere you gotta keep an eye out, but in my neck of the woods folks are strictly kind. Don't even have to deal with soapbar - last batch of hash that came this way was seriously bomb.

Grow your own!

L

lurking_chap

and whats that shit anyway some sprayed fucking bud or something... here in Adam u got about 1.3/8.5e on average also depends on strain, coffey etc.

Top Bottom