US vs UK terminology

• Thread starter tristanmatthew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gacktodd

I've heard some brits call a sack a "tinny" as in a tin-foil wrapped care package.

Solidopc

Solidopc

I live in the UK, but not in England. I'm suprised to here so much about the shit weed there. As it's definatly not that bad here in South Wales. I've smoked Shiva Skunk, NYCD, Chronic, Love Potion, Black Jack, ukcheese, Himdu Kush just in the last month or so. And that's from the local guys i know. And doesn't include what i've been smoking that i've grown myself.

I've only ever come acorss sprayed bud once, and that was when it was really dry for about a month, and we had to go outside our normal circle. The only average stuff we have about here is what we call "Chinky Weed". But even that is usually dry, and is not a bad smoke, just nothing special.

What's even more weird is paying over £140 a ounce here is considered expensive. And the prices don'tvry hardly at all depending on what you are buying. I could buy a Q of Chinky for £30, and a Q of Black Jack, NYCD would be £35-40max.

I agree with everyone who says stay away from soapbar. But i'd go further and say stay away from any hash in the UK, unless you know the person who made it, because no matter how much people tell you "this is pollen!" it is never anything like what i've pressed myself, so is definatly not pollen, and i dont think it tastes nice.

Maybe i'm lucky with the few people i know and mates who grow. But my mrs mates boyfriend is a rasta fella from London, and he comes up to see her and brings her weed. And what he brings up is very good and very well grown.

I think all you need is to find and be friendly with decent people who grow or sell. Decent people who aren't all about emptying your wallet for as little weed as possible. It might take a while, but i am sure there must be a hell of alot of good growers and weed in the London area. But i guess the English would know better.

Solidopc

Solidopc

Well the downside is we have to shag sheep. But it's all good. Get's cold up in the valleys and nothing like cuddling up to a fluffy sheep with a fat joint in hand. LOL.

I don't suppose you'll get the joke if you're American. It's what the Englsh call the Welsh in jest i'd like to think. But there is alot of animosity between the Celts and English particulary prevelent in some quarters.

I don't really give a dam. I get alot of stick in the pub sometimes because i'd rather England win a football match than some random country i've never been too or know anyone in. But there's like a unwritten law between the Celts that you allways want England to lose. LOL. Silly history still causing shit between people near a 1000 years after he event. :wondering

T

Trillion

I had the bad fortune to have just smoked some of said viet-mango, a few buds that got chucked smelt like pants washed in a swamp and left to dry in the sun.

You will never ever find anything close to good bud by asking on the street in london. Maybe a couple grams of dust if your lucky.
A few years back named strains that even seemed to be cured were available to me for around £130/oz or £20 for around 3.2, or a half ounce of decent, dry commercialy grown strains such as powerplant for £60/half oz I never enquired for prices of larger amounts.

These days £20 for 1.8-2.6g regardless of quality, when buying in bars (9oz/250g) or kilos the price of sprayed/immature/vietnamese/dutch tumbled... falls dramatically (£1000 on a bar/£3200ish on ki) Whilst anything remotely exotic will fetch between £160-£200+/oz and is next to impossible to find in larger quantities, and even if found i've heard of many paying upwards of £2,250 for 500g.

So in my opinion people in london have come to the conclusion it is more profitable to sell bad weed....if you could even call it that

M

moggggys

sol its odd that , im accually know around mythar by reputation , ive a friend whos family are from the valleys and they vist from time to time , through my friend they get to sample stuff they have only heard about before , stuff like G13 or black widow , they had no idea about purple bud before so that went down well , they also endure so awfull sprayed rubbish from the dam so i guess your very very lucky to find yourself in a circle of very hooked up people , id say your very gifted

trillion , 1.8-2.6g is rough , most around here do 2.5-3 gram for your 20 quid unless its the top stuff which is normally sold on the gram at a tenner a time and not avaiable as an 1/8 , due to scarecity its restricted in this way , nebular is the named strain at this price

Solidopc

Solidopc

I think if they are right up in the valleys they won't be getting much perhaps. If you are close to the cities such as Swansea or Cardiff there is plenty of good bud to be had. Allthough i am very lucky to know a real cool guy just up the road who grows and sells, and is real cool old school fella in his 40's. No rip off. I give him seeds and rooted cuttings he sells/ticks/gives me well grown weed whenever i'm out. Plus there is the fella who does the Shivan Skunk and Cherry AK47. He's in Corfu at the moment at his folks. They have a nice farm typer place in the mountains there. He took a load of your seeds and some of big buddhas c gold x's out there and his old man looks after them. He's been out there since May lucky bastard, smoking and drinking and living it up. LOL. He'll be back in the next few weeks though, and will be picking up the Shiva and Cherry AK again from his cousin.

So once he's back i should be able to get great bud cheap as hell. The shiva dude does ounces £120. But that's only for thr lads type of thing. This guy is in his 40ies also. It seems the older guys aren't out to rip people off. I'm alot younger than them, but still hang with them rather than the dickhead badboy plastic gangster types who try selling gram bags and shit. Maybe that's where people are going wrong. Got to find the old school dudes and forget about the young gun dealers.

bongeyered

bongeyered

I agree, most of the "youth" arnt interested in a good smoke, they are all about money. I have been smoking (mj) for over 26 years but over the last couple of years I have noticed a change. more so because my long time supplier has got out of the scene and i have spent this time trying to find alternative regular supplies. during this time I have come across lots of "shit" and found the prices are all over the place. This has turned me on to the world of growing and with the help of the INTERNET and the guys on the THC Farm, I have learnt a lot of good info that makes me wonder why i didnt grow my own years ago.
one of my older buddies has Cherry AK in flower atm, smells lovely, I will be doing a bit of an exchange program with him.

bongeyered

bongeyered

dutch is rolled or washed shit normally sprayed afterward , if you get lucky you get a suger wash , get unlucky and get plastic or glass

english is normally mango grow by vietnamiese , piss wet through and treated like shit

seen the prices per kilo now ! last i heard its something like 3600 minimum going to 3800 as the norm to 4000 for the good stuff , shittttt who needs gold

cheers for that moggy, both dutch and english smoke like shit anyway. but when its dry........and you are waiting for harvest........

T

Trillion

cheers for that moggy, both dutch and english smoke like shit anyway. but when its dry........and you are waiting for harvest........

After a couple weeks of it Ive started to understand the whole psychosis thing... most people in this country just have never smoked a clean bud in their life.
I think Id rather go without especially when i think whos handled it , what filthy place its been grown in etc.

Blazed_Out

Blazed_Out

Here in London if you've been offered 'weed', it is mainly the brown (or green) commercial landrace stuff and if you were offered 'skunk', it's the resin coated (rarely) green, indoor grown, hybrid varieties.
I don't really smoke street product 'skunk' because its kind of shit even though everyone wants it, but I do have my own grown stuff. I prefer to buy weed/mersh/sess or whatever they call it from dealers, more of a nice head high and is cheaper.
There's been hardly any 'skunk' since the summer so I've been smoking some Thai weed and Moroccan hash (pollen) for a while. Still waiting for my Thai Haze x Skunk #1 plants to finish... nearing 18 weeks and still not done.

Top Bottom