Usb Microscope Pics. Eggs? Stomata? Russets? None? All?

• Thread starter Allan419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Allan419

So I finally got a USB scope after getting hit with russet mites. All plants but one are dead. After a lot of treatment they just would not recover so I chose the route of a full kill, cleanup, restart, integrated pest management.

I have kept the one plant because it's a treasured plant from my breeding work and I don't want to lose it. I think I will lose it though. It looks like hell and is likely still infested but I am having a hell of a time finding any living russets. I was planning to use it as a test plant for treatments but I think she will have to go.

When I started this sickening journey I thought it was stress induced nute lockout, then a boron deficiency, too cold, pH, too hot....

I could not see the BORG on my plants with a 30x loop. Maybe it's the old eyes... I grabbed up a 100x scope and there they were. These bugs are tiny! 1/100th of an inch. They are also deadly for our ladies.

Now I have a pretty slick scope that hit 800x zoom. Holy shit! I have never seen plants from this view.

I can't tell if what I am seeing is eggs, stomata, dead russets, or something else.

Can you out there tell what I'm seeing?

Thanks in advance (the button comes later). Peace.

Usb microscope pics  eggs stomata russets none all
Usb microscope pics  eggs stomata russets none all 2
Usb microscope pics  eggs stomata russets none all 3
Usb microscope pics  eggs stomata russets none all 4
Usb microscope pics  eggs stomata russets none all 5
Usb microscope pics  eggs stomata russets none all 6
Usb microscope pics  eggs stomata russets none all 7
Usb microscope pics  eggs stomata russets none all 8
Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

How old is this plant youve taken these pictures of?

I've never seen any that close up either, wow. Would it be an idea to completely sterilise your grow area, take a cut from that, keep in a completely different area, let her become a mother and watch closely for the evil, just as a failsafe in case any eggs do hatch and take up residence in your beautifully clean area>

A

Allan419

How old is this plant youve taken these pictures of?

I've never seen any that close up either, wow. Would it be an idea to completely sterilise your grow area, take a cut from that, keep in a completely different area, let her become a mother and watch closely for the evil, just as a failsafe in case any eggs do hatch and take up residence in your beautifully clean area>

The plant is about four months out of clone chamber. It was doing great until the russet mite invasion but now its on death's door. I tried to get some clones early into discovery of the invasion and after treatment but none will root. I lost three chambers full of unrooted clones at the same time.

Here she is as of a week ago. There has been no improvement at all, just getting worse even though I can't seem to find any living bugs. I think the BORG have a hiding place I have not found. Russets and broads really suck.

Any idea what the things in the USB scope shots in the first post are? Some are leaf hair I know but there are some things I've never seen before. I suspect they are either eggs or leaf trichs. I have not been able to find on the forums if there is a way to tell if an egg is viable.
The life tracker 003

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

the top pic looks like leaf trichs, from what I understand eggs have more of an oval shape, and broad mite eggs are ovals with clearly visible bumps on them. But you have russets, so I'd give google image and google scholar a search, see if you can find some images of russet eggs.

A

Allan419

Those are eggs... first, fourth, and fifth image.

I can buy that. How do you know for sure because a lot of threads in lots of places there seems to be a lot of disagreement? They sure look like cyclamen mite eggs not russets because the russet eggs are oval while cyclamen eggs are round from what I've read. I can't seem to find any more live bugs but I suspect they are still around. Do you know if visually one can tell if they are living eggs or dead from treatment?

Do you know if Isopropyl will kill eggs that have dropped on the floor? I assume bleach will kill them. 130F water?

Do these little bastards lay eggs on walls and shit or just leaves?

Can you spot any mites in the pictures? My eyes are not the best...

I do appreciate the help as solid inf. seems very tough to find for me. I have been reading forums and University papers for days and just can't seem to pin down what I need to know to move forward.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Grab a bottle of green cleaner man you will thank me I go azamax then green cleaner then green again azamax can fuck your plants up so becarefull some plants hate being sprayed I had a dank commander that would look like that if hit too hard

G

growbread

Azamax does nothing for russets. Your best bet is forbid or avid in an ipm rotation. Wettable sulfur and og biowar work well after knockdown. Ambyseilus andersonii predator mites kick ass if you arent infested. Good luck man these things are pure hell.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The plant is about four months out of clone chamber. It was doing great until the russet mite invasion but now its on death's door. I tried to get some clones early into discovery of the invasion and after treatment but none will root. I lost three chambers full of unrooted clones at the same time.

Here she is as of a week ago. There has been no improvement at all, just getting worse even though I can't seem to find any living bugs. I think the BORG have a hiding place I have not found. Russets and broads really suck.

Any idea what the things in the USB scope shots in the first post are? Some are leaf hair I know but there are some things I've never seen before. I suspect they are either eggs or leaf trichs. I have not been able to find on the forums if there is a way to tell if an egg is viable.
View attachment 590540
You need to go through the fun ID pix thread. I think I stickied it. I believe we've got some farmers who've eradicated russets without using the really bad acaricides/miticides.

A

Allan419

Grab a bottle of green cleaner man you will thank me I go azamax then green cleaner then green again azamax can fuck your plants up so becarefull some plants hate being sprayed I had a dank commander that would look like that if hit too hard

That sounds like pretty decent IPM going forward. I agree about Az being tough on some strains. I suspect a lot of the ladies decline was because of that. The got especially worse just after a root application of Az. Thanks and Peace.

A

Allan419

Azamax does nothing for russets. Your best bet is forbid or avid in an ipm rotation. Wettable sulfur and og biowar work well after knockdown. Ambyseilus andersonii predator mites kick ass if you arent infested. Good luck man these things are pure hell.

Azamax does nothing for russets? This is where the forums can get a bit frustrating. There are a lot of differing opinions about that.

There are plenty of folks saying wettable sulfur does nothing.

I think I will have to choose then watch very closely and adjust as needed.

Thanks for the tips! Peace.

A

Allan419

You need to go through the fun ID pix thread. I think I stickied it. I believe we've got some farmers who've eradicated russets without using the really bad acaricides/miticides.

Thanks Seamaiden. I will check it out. Peace.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
That sounds like pretty decent IPM going forward. I agree about Az being tough on some strains. I suspect a lot of the ladies decline was because of that. The got especially worse just after a root application of Az. Thanks and Peace.
Oh yea azamax root drench will jack your ladies up seriously grab green cleaner and spray all you want. And they can't get a tolerance to it because it smothers them

A

Allan419

Oh yea azamax root drench will jack your ladies up seriously grab green cleaner and spray all you want. And they can't get a tolerance to it because it smothers them

In all my reading I never, that I can remember, heard that AZ at the roots can jack the plant bad. Live and learn...

After 25 years at this "hobby" I all of a sudden feel like a newb.

Peace.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
In all my reading I never, that I can remember, heard that AZ at the roots can jack the plant bad. Live and learn...

After 25 years at this "hobby" I all of a sudden feel like a newb.

Peace.
I feel that man I had root aphids and did the azamax root drench and I killed my pre 98bubba and my gma Cindy . Just remember a set back is a set up for a come back when it's all over

Top Bottom