Use Nanners To Make Fem Seeds?

• Thread starter 3N1GM4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

a seed chipper can test approx 1000 0r 10,000 seeds (cannabis shape and size) / hr.... cant remember have to look at notes...

ID 1000's of currently identified genes. yes F and Males are also seperated into theier own rows . All the databased in table persay , genes marked ... during chipping, of course seeds are still viable after chipping
What would chipping be and if this was available technology wise wouldnt people be selling 10 reg female seeds ie not feminized. I'm thinking they would be able to command twice the $ for regular female seeds ? No ?

dankninja

dankninja

And with this organic craze going on do you all know fem seeds are not natural when using a chem to force it ????
There fore Fem seeds cannot be used in a licensed organic garden ..
And when a person uses a natural hermied plant he runs chance of same issues all over
IMO i say stay clear away from FEM SEEDS its a abomination to marijuana industry

Yes.

roach

roach

using pollen from a female that is easily stressed to throw nanners will only produce more plants that are easily stressed

and where did this misunderstanding about cs, sts etc come from? you are not producing stress hermies when using it, you are blocking some hormones inside the plant so it thinks its male, nothing to do with stress.

People realy needs to read more, and not just on the internet, there are so many false stories out there that just keeps spreading and spreading because if its on the internet it gotta be true... seeing what seeds are male and female.... not even gonna comment....:banghead:

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I researched on how to sex a seed by looking at it and from what I can tell all of the seeds are female.

Wait wait wait... You can tell if a seed is female or male just by looking at it?!

I may have to do some research... That just sounds unlikely, but hey, worth looking into.

This would go against, I know but I'm gonna say it, subcool's theory on temperature influencing gender. Though I would never take his word as law. And his theory doesn't sound correct to me anyways, but I know some species of animal, their gender is derived by environmental temps, like alligators. It's just that this goes in direct opposition.

Thanks for the insight either way!

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

OK, I looked it up and it seems pretty bogus. One source mentioned telling a seed is female because of a "crater"at the end of the seeds. But that is just where the seed connected to the plant as it develops. And how it is removed could influence the "crater" size and shape. I highly doubt that has anything to do with gender.

dankninja

dankninja

I've never heard of that. some growers claim to be able to spot a female early on as a seedling. but i've never seen any way of predetermining as seed. running a population of my own F1 right now, there is now way to tell that i can see.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Seeds are expensive, I have decided that sprinkling a little nanner pollen on one bud cant hurt anything. Free seeds are free seeds even if they are from a bruce jenner plant. The original plant that the nanners came from was light, nute and fungus gnat stressed. Most likely all of the stress is what caused the nanners. I have one clone left of the nannering plant, it is a few weeks into flowering and no signs of nanners yet . If the clone starts to nanner at week 5 or 6 then I will know that it is the strain that is prone to hermie and not the stress because I have all of the stress factors under control now. If this one doesnt hermie on me then I will sprinkle some nanner pollen on my just sprouted kali mist or super lemon haze when they are ready to get one nug full of free seeds. If I lived where seeds were easy to get I wouldnt even bother but when supplies are limited you gotta do something.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

What about making an ibl, i thought you had to have a male and a female from the same plant to make an f1. The plant that nannered was just some random seed from a bag that a friend gave me and it just happened to be a female. I changed the light schedule during flowering because it was my first and I didnt know. It was pure female but after I switched the light cycle it started popping out nanners in last few weeks of flowering. To my understanding f1s are made from male pollen? Would it still be an f1 if I were to use the nanners from the mother plant to pollinate one of her clones?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Ok so if I make this one into an ibl and then stress a different strain with some trait that I want and then crossbreed those two strains with male to female pollen that would make an f1? I'm confused

Wisher619

Wisher619

You want to work a line to at least F4 to weed out the garbage...JMO
I don't see anything wrong with chucking pollin if it's for personal use but if you were trying to market those seeds or plants well that's a differ story....

lino

lino

What would chipping be and if this was available technology wise wouldnt people be selling 10 reg female seeds ie not feminized. I'm thinking they would be able to command twice the $ for regular female seeds ? No ?
Thats what I was thinking also...

lino

lino

I'm not an expert but here are the facts bout hermies in farmer layman terms as much as poss.
Most cannabis and Many other dicots contains the MeGI (Hermy gene) and OGI genes . If we understand this fact then we need to ask ourselves, "What % of hermies do I want in my seeds that I'm producing.? Once we've got our answer to that then we can continue throwing pollen. 98% of us breeders throw shit against the wall and see what sticks. And for the most part thats what most of us do without a lab. But the crafty who understand this gene will try to avoid it IF THEY TRYING TO PRODUCE SEEDS FOR more BREEDING, if your making F1 smoke that another story.

I have not found MeGI nor OGI in Cannabinus but I know its in there and the prolific nature of this gene in Cannabis strongly suggest that my first debates against the evolution of cannabis is entirely correct, our egotistical speculative desire to see the future actually obscures it , Example exactly how we got the human tree ,primates, and genome evolution all fucked up and were still spitting out speculative mistakes regarding evolution.

I said it before and I'll say it again, we , ourselves, aliens (us) 2 arms 2 legs and one head millennial eons ago have manipulated the genomes thru selections and manipulation
Rite again; professors finally shut the fuck up.....
WTF - L O O K how is that poss? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
http://notallowedto.com/marijuana-in-space-nasa-discovers-thc-on-meteorite-fragment/

2nd time THC is in space.... look at the perplexed look on the scientist face... LMAO hard

Last edited:
Top Bottom