Use of General hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter MartellMack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MartellMack

I recently just started growing. Im starting with the photoperiod strain Forbidden Splitter. As of right now, I'm feeding the plants RO water and I have the trio of GH's basic nute line. Should I get the rest of the nutes as well? Does anyone have any good experiences with this line?

BigCube

BigCube

I use gh flora series, have for years.
I just use the grow, bloom and micro.
You might want to use their pk booster ad well when in flower, but I prefer greenplanet pk spike for that.

It's pretty confusing when you first start with all these things people use. But half that shit isn't needed. Stick with the basics for now. Add other stuff later if you want once you've got the basics down.

Most that other shit doesn't do anything or much.

M

MartellMack

I use gh flora series, have for years.
I just use the grow, bloom and micro.
You might want to use their pk booster ad well when in flower, but I prefer greenplanet pk spike for that.

It's pretty confusing when you first start with all these things people use. But half that shit isn't needed. Stick with the basics for now. Add other stuff later if you want once you've got the basics down.

Most that other shit doesn't do anything or much.
Stick to the basics and add as I go. Sounds pretty solid to me! Thanks!

Lexstar66

Lexstar66

I use strictly the GH line of nutes and they work great. I use flora, grow and micro on every feeding that I use nutes. Go by what the label says and use 1/2 of what they recommend. My schedule is water, water, feed. I feed nutes on every third watering.

BigCube

BigCube

I use strictly the GH line of nutes and they work great. I use flora, grow and micro on every feeding that I use nutes. Go by what the label says and use 1/2 of what they recommend. My schedule is water, water, feed. I feed nutes on every third watering.

Depending on what medium and watering method you use, 1/2 may not be enough. I myself use full strength, every watering.

But it's a good idea to start at 1/2 strength and work up from there if you're worried about it.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
3 part is great. You don't need the pk boosters or anything else from that line. Just up the bloom. Look around at the alt forumlas people have been running. Their schedule is kind of trash. Silica is the only other thing I would add to 3 part and I would use dynagrow's if you want a bottle for that.

Maxi series and Nova are also a good choice if you don't plan to tweek it and just looking for a simple 1 nute solution

Micro has all the calcium and the bloom has all the mg. Don't buy calmg lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've used all the GH stuff for decades, 3 part, maxi, floranova, 2part.. they all work well. I really like the floranova line for its simplicity, and it grows great plants.

That said, all the "extra" bottles like floraliscious etc, are pointless imho and just make things unnecessarily complicated for no benefit. Stick to the 3 part, no need for the other stuff, especially for a first grow. Keep it simple.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Good stuff! Used it for years, agree with above, no PK boost needed, just follow the label for every stage at about 1/2 strength, good luck!

Top Bottom