Use of marijuana - ethical principles

• Thread starter cheddarlope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cheddarlope

cheddarlope

good afternoon everyone,
as part of my university degree i am required to write a report on the ethical principles of the use of cannabis, be it for medicating or recreational use. the report has to be roughly 5000 words long and so i was hoping if anyone could point me in the right direction for any previous articles or information of any sort..
i am also very interested in the opinions of all you fellow farmers, especially those who use for medication purposes.
thank you very much for your time, it is much appreciated!
cheddarlope

B

boroboro

"Is recreational drug use wrong or harmful?"

That could be an interesting question to explore, exploring all the common arguments behind answers to this question:
  • "Of course it's wrong, it harms your body."
  • "Of course it's wrong, you're avoiding real life."
  • "Of course it's wrong, it's illegal."
  • "Of course it's wrong, it twists and distorts your decision making ability."
  • "Of course it's wrong, what about the detox/additiction issues when you quit?"

Each of these objections might have an interesting counterargument, especially from the marijuana user's point of view.

B

Bill Bloome

Greetings I believe I can share some facts and opinions that mayhelp you .I have a long history with cannabis.During the sixties and seventy's,it was recreational and economic.Ismoked dailyfor twenty years and grew outdoors clandestinly for about twelve years.It bought me two homes,several cars and a nice bank account.One of my fields was discovered but I was never caught.Needless to say ,I quit growing and also quit smoking.I concentrated my efforts to my profession and rose in my company quite rapidly.I built and started Gas Turbines in power stations for a large electric company.
Then on 9/11/06 I was seriously injured at work.I went thru 18 months of phys therapy and rehab just to be able to walk again.Of course,I was on several meds for chronic pain,nerve damage and muscle function.During these four years since my accident,I have had to withdraw from the painkillers THREE times.The doctors keep changing my meds but they are still narcotics.
So guess what?I started smoking pot again to supplement the drugs.And,lo and behold,within 2 months,I was NOT taking the pills anymore.The herb was relieveng my pain,stopping the muscle spasms,and giving me a much nicer attitude.So,for almost a year,my life was fairly normal.When I told my doctor the reason for my improvement,he said,"I didn't hear that and never tell anyone else.If they[the insurance company]find out you're smoking pot,they'll drop you."
So ,it's OK to get hooked on pain pills,go thru withdrawls,and suffer constant pain because the state I live in isn't a MED MARIJUANA state.In my opinion,my state is violating my constitutional right to LIFE,LIBERTY,and the pursuit of HAPPINESS.Until the FED govt passes a nationwide medical marijuana law,I and people like me ,will be denied a basic right this country was founded upon.I wish I could find a lawyer willing to take this fight on cause I would be more than willing to fight for the right so many people are denied.Any takers?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
you should write about how society is ok with people going out with the intention of getting wasted on alcohol and how drinking and driving is a problem and they extended bar hours till 4am in michigan without worryin about people safety, yet people frown on recreational use of herb and how they wanna take independent grows rights away because growin herb in neighborhoods and around where people live is dangerous.... just a thought lol....

cheddarlope

cheddarlope

thanks for the posts guys.. i am definately goin to take each one of em into consideration when it comes to what to write about.. i was thinkin on focussing primarily on the medicinal use of the plant, and whether its ethical to deny an ill person of their meds. Bill Bloome, i think i will base most of the presentation on situations just like yours, cos i for one passionately feel that it is the right of the individual to choose their meds, especially when there is so much proof of its medicinal properties.
thanks to kennie B for the vid, boroboro for the ideas, and Skunkmasterflex i will 100% put in a lil something about alcohol abuse as opposed to the daily use of mj, i think its definatley something i need to share with the world !!
keep the posts comin peeps, its much appreciated, remember knowledge is power and hopefully one day will be our key to freedom .
peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom