Using 1 Probe with 2 Controller 69s?

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I'm setting up a smaller tent and ordered ACI 6" bundle with the Controller 69, filter, duct, etc. I want to run an active intake and my 8x4 tent has a 4" intake, I want to take the 4" and use it on the smaller tent for the intake. I'm going to increase the size of the intake on the 8x4 so I ordered another ACI 6" as a bundle with just the controller 69.

Now I have 1 Controller 69 for the smaller tent and I originally already had 1 for the 8x4 but have another coming so I'll have 2 Controller 69 for the 8x4.

I want to know if anyone knows if there's a 3.5mm splitter that will work so I can use 1 sensor probe for 2 separate Controller 69s? Yeah I know they make a 8 port now but when buying fans in bundles, you save quite a bit so my thought is it's smart to buy bundled instead of individually. If they made the 8 port in a bundle, I would of definitely purchased it.

N

Natep

I'm setting up a smaller tent and ordered ACI 6" bundle with the Controller 69, filter, duct, etc. I want to run an active intake and my 8x4 tent has a 4" intake, I want to take the 4" and use it on the smaller tent for the intake. I'm going to increase the size of the intake on the 8x4 so I ordered another ACI 6" as a bundle with just the controller 69.

Now I have 1 Controller 69 for the smaller tent and I originally already had 1 for the 8x4 but have another coming so I'll have 2 Controller 69 for the 8x4.

I want to know if anyone knows if there's a 3.5mm splitter that will work so I can use 1 sensor probe for 2 separate Controller 69s? Yeah I know they make a 8 port now but when buying fans in bundles, you save quite a bit so my thought is it's smart to buy bundled instead of individually. If they made the 8 port in a bundle, I would of definitely purchased it.
I think your just going to have to run both temp sensors. That or buy the 8 port separately

Newty

Newty

I think your just going to have to run both temp sensors. That or buy the 8 port separately
I think I'm going to find a high quality 3.5 splitter and try it out. They don't carry voltage so it may work. Just has to be able to report the resistance change quickly enough and in theory should work.

I just didn't know if anyone had tried it yet, I guess I'll give it a go and report back!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I think I'm going to find a high quality 3.5 splitter and try it out. They don't carry voltage so it may work. Just has to be able to report the resistance change quickly enough and in theory should work.

I just didn't know if anyone had tried it yet, I guess I'll give it a go and report back!
this is what we need : ) aci experimentation! Curious for the outcome. Hope it works for you, its a good idea!

Newty

Newty

this is what we need : ) aci experimentation! Curious for the outcome. Hope it works for you, its a good idea!
I hope it works also! If it doesn't, no big deal though. I guess a second probe for a second reading to compare wouldn't be a bad thing but I would like all my devices to react to the same probe though.

I've always loved to tinker, I like to see how things work. None of my ACI products have failed so I've not had the chance to open anything up and see how they work. Would love a broken Controller 69, I want to know what they're using for a board inside them.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I've always loved to tinker, I like to see how things work.
Same! Most of the time lol.

None of my ACI products have failed so I've not had the chance to open anything up and see how they work. Would love a broken Controller 69, I want to know what they're using for a board inside them.
Kind of want it to break but at the same time I dont hahaha! You’ll get mine if it breaks👍

Newty

Newty

Ok, found out some information.

Probe use a 4 conductor 3.5mm, this would be TRRS.

You can extend the probes successfully with a TRRS extension.

Splitting becomes the issue, apparently they drop signals to both Controller 69. Nobody has went further to figure out why.

Maybe it does carry voltage and it drops when using the splitter or the resistance swings way out of range. Maybe they just tried crap cables. Don't see that anyone has tried for awhile and updates have been made so maybe it will work now, idk if I'll be that lucky though.

Unfortunately no store in my area carries any 3.5mm 2 male to 1 female splitter. I'm going to order a high quality splitter and see what's going on.

Newty

Newty

Just found something kind of interesting. Most of the 2 male 1 female splitters that are labeled TRRS are in fact technically not. The ones like this have labels on each end for mic and headphones but they don't each have the conductors for TRRS, the headphone side has just the audio conductors and the mic side has the conductors required for that.

If the people who tested this before used those splitters, there wasn't enough conductors and would explain no signal.

I found a couple that are TRRS on both ends, guess we will have an answer in a couple days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom