using a cheap 3 part for veg and awesomness for bloom? good/bad idea?

• Thread starter persiankid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
persiankid

persiankid

So ive been super busy with opening a collective ,gardening, life etc... I dont have a lot of time to mess around or make mistakes. unfortunately for me i made a big one... Forgot to water my mommy and baby tent and a bunch of things died....LAMESAUCE!! My thought is this... If i set up a recirculating drip system with a 4x4 and a rez below i dont have to worry about missed waterings just weekly rez changes and every other day welfare checks. I use a lsomewhat lengthy nute line up in flower..ive tried using this regiment in aero before and it doesnt work. So what i wanted to do was run 6/9 gh with 5ml of calmag as my veg food..flush a few days before flip then introduce them to the good stuff after the flip... Is there any major reason not to do this? I feel like it would make my life a little boit more manageable. Ive used gh in the past and always got good results just switched to a more organic regiment to get more flavor outta my meds... Sorry for the long ramble i typed this out on my phone haha what a pain! Thanks guys!
PK

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Let us know how it works out for you.

Going from all salts to all organic doesnt really seem like a good idea. Especially when considering how much time is needed for the biology to advance to a stage where it can process the organics into something the plants can use and uptake.

If your setting up a recirculating drip system, then you are going to most likely have issues with the drip lines clogging from the organic inputs as well as other issues that can arise from using organics in a hydroponic environment.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Going from all salts to all organic doesnt really seem like a good idea. Especially when considering how much time is needed for the biology to advance to a stage where it can process the organics into something the plants can use and uptake.

If your setting up a recirculating drip system, then you are going to most likely have issues with the drip lines clogging from the organic inputs as well as other issues that can arise from using organics in a hydroponic environment.

I guess the title is a little misleading. GH 3 part will prob kill almost anything once you get it dialed.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Well, there really is no good way to answer your question at this point. What do you mean by "the good stuff"? Are you going to use two totally different lines of nutrients? What kind of system are you running? Hydro, coco, soil? You have really not given enough information to answer your question properly.

The best advice I can give is that you should really be running the same line of nutrients from start to finish. I have seen plenty of plants respond poorly to changing nutrient lines. They usually bounce back once they get used to the new nutrients, but it does take several days so it causes some delay in schedules and may compromise yields. The nutrient companies recommend you use their line and not mix in other products for a reason, the formulas were specifically designed to be used with each other rather than products from outside lines. While nutrients from different lines may be comparable to one another they can often be sourced from different materials, contain totally different ratios of ingredients, or may be totally missing something they are used to feeding on. Think of it this way, if all you have ever eaten in your life was steak and all of a sudden you are fed fish, at first you may not like the fish, you may eat less of it or force it down unpleasantly. Both fish and steak offer protein, fatty acids, and other nutrients for you, it doesn't mean you will eat the fish or be very happy doing so. Changing your nutrient lines on your plants is a similar scenario.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Well, there really is no good way to answer your question at this point. What do you mean by "the good stuff"? Are you going to use two totally different lines of nutrients? What kind of system are you running? Hydro, coco, soil? You have really not given enough information to answer your question properly.

The best advice I can give is that you should really be running the same line of nutrients from start to finish. I have seen plenty of plants respond poorly to changing nutrient lines. They usually bounce back once they get used to the new nutrients, but it does take several days so it causes some delay in schedules and may compromise yields. The nutrient companies recommend you use their line and not mix in other products for a reason, the formulas were specifically designed to be used with each other rather than products from outside lines. While nutrients from different lines may be comparable to one another they can often be sourced from different materials, contain totally different ratios of ingredients, or may be totally missing something they are used to feeding on. Think of it this way, if all you have ever eaten in your life was steak and all of a sudden you are fed fish, at first you may not like the fish, you may eat less of it or force it down unpleasantly. Both fish and steak offer protein, fatty acids, and other nutrients for you, it doesn't mean you will eat the fish or be very happy doing so. Changing your nutrient lines on your plants is a similar scenario.

Weird for years I have run different companies veg and flower nutes and they love it. They all come from the same minerals. Plant's don't pay attention to labels.

persiankid

persiankid

Hey guys thank you for the responses. I was pretty dabbed out when i wrote that so sorry that it didn't come across smooth and completely make sense.. Anyways... I decided that i'm going to try what I was talking about on a few plants and see how it works. Im going to start them with GH 6/9 and 5ml/g Cal-Mag. They'll get strait water for probably two days before they get pushed into flower.. then on to my normal regiment of what I was calling the "good stuff" which consists of Botanicare PBP as a base, maxicrop, sm-90, B1, Sea Green, Cal-Mag+, Pro-tekt, Budswell, and Sugar in the Raw/ molasses. I have some hippie friends that do the GH 6/9 cal 5ml thing for veg, flush, then only used ACT'S the whole time through flower and they produce some awesome meds. I was just curious if anyone else out there was doing this. Thanks again guys!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Hey guys thank you for the responses. I was pretty dabbed out when i wrote that so sorry that it didn't come across smooth and completely make sense.. Anyways... I decided that i'm going to try what I was talking about on a few plants and see how it works. Im going to start them with GH 6/9 and 5ml/g Cal-Mag. They'll get strait water for probably two days before they get pushed into flower.. then on to my normal regiment of what I was calling the "good stuff" which consists of Botanicare PBP as a base, maxicrop, sm-90, B1, Sea Green, Cal-Mag+, Pro-tekt, Budswell, and Sugar in the Raw/ molasses. I have some hippie friends that do the GH 6/9 cal 5ml thing for veg, flush, then only used ACT'S the whole time through flower and they produce some awesome meds. I was just curious if anyone else out there was doing this. Thanks again guys!

I would drop the sm90 from the plants in flower. It will effect the taste of your buds. I also used to use it in flower and learned the hard way.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

You can get kick ass results.

If you kill a bunch of microbes you are only a nice ACT away from replacing them.

I mix chems and organics and get great results.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Drip clean. Solves most clogging issues. It is fine to use with organics.

persiankid

persiankid

Mississip Hip that's good to hear... Do you mix them the whole way through? Or are you doing what i'm thinking about doing and running chems for veg and organic (mostly anyways..) for bloom?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Well...I use drip clean all the way thru. And snowstorm.

I use organics and chems all the way thru. More chems...less organics in veg. More organics, less chems in flower.

Great results, IMHO.

I never understood the people who say you cant do both.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Ive used drip clean and synth/organic combo ......drippers will clog when you add organic inputs even when drip clean is used from my experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom