Using A Dehumidifier While Drying

• Thread starter Noob grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noob grower

Have been growing outside in containers and some of the crop s ready. Am drying in a 12' x 24' shop building without insulation. RH has been in the 80-99% range because of constant rain so I put a dehumidifier in the shop. Outside temp is staying in the mid 50's at night to low 70's during the day. Was able to get the RH down to 57% yesterday with temp in the high 60s. The guys at the local grow shop told me that I should not continuously use a dehumidifier since it will suck the moisture out of the plants and they'll dry too fast. They say to run it for a few hours and then let the humidity come back up to the 70-80% range and then turn it back on. Their reasoning is that by letting the RH come up naturally, the plants are giving up the moisture. The dehumidifier running after that removes the humidity from the air.

I'm new and not sure if that is the best method. What does the hive have to say?

C

Conicsection

I prefer a little lower rh. I set mine at 50. Then I cut down and cure in a humidor or Tupperware as soon as they are crunchy but still moist inside. I feel like curing is best when your bud gets run around a bit in the rh category. Between say 50 and 80 %. Up and down a couple times

My first post here. Long time gardener new poster

Top Bottom