Using a realtor to find a carigiver location

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seed Buyer

I was looking at craigs list today for a commercial spot to house a future caregivers garden and came along this guys ad claiming to specialize in MMJ properties. Has any used this guy or have any thoughts on such a broker? I come from the deep south where everything is hush hush, but maybe this might be be the best route to find a spot w/ out having to pull the wool over the landlords eyes.

P

pikes peak 69

I'm not 100% positive at this moment but if I read the law correctly, you don't need a commercial space for under 5 patients. If your over 5 patients with an exceptional circumstance from the CDPHE then you will but they haven't voted on those rules yet.
If I'm off base on this someone will be by shortly to correct me.

pp69

S

Seed Buyer

I am looking at a commercial space for extra power (most homes don't have more than a 200 amp service), higher ceilings, ext. I have wrecked a few homes in my day and think commercial spaces are more apt for growing. Plus looking to start a family in the future and would like to keep family life and work life separated.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I am looking at a commercial space for extra power (most homes don't have more than a 200 amp service), higher ceilings, ext. I have wrecked a few homes in my day and think commercial spaces are more apt for growing. Plus looking to start a family in the future and would like to keep family life and work life separated.

200 amps is way more power than you need for a caregiver op, that's 20 lights, and the house part still runs fine........ and commercial space gets inspected by fire marshals, etc.... so really, you are either lying about your motives, or you haven't thought this out very well. Commercial space also requires permits, drawings, engineered plans...... way more money. I've seen that Realtor's name a bunch of times, he does specialize in MMJ, but that said, no landlord wants an illegal grow in their building, so better to act legit and just rent a house and do your five patients. The commercial spaces are looking for OPC Grows, related to a Dispensary, people with 100K to invest in the building to do it right.

C

canaguy27

You will have to have ALL UL approved products, pass inspection(pull permits, etc), and be ready for fees from the state. You are looking at about $50k minimum to do it right.

If you can find a landlord that will keep it on the DL, then more power to you, but I am sure that will cost you too.

With 20 lights, you are talking 10lbs a month on average. Where is that going to go? Must be some hungry patients. We don't need another Barkowitz.

S

Seed Buyer

I was planning 18 plants in bloom w/ 24KW and 8 tons of ac, so that alone is gonna pull about 180 amps. Throw in the veg room and a few Sante Fe Max Dry dehumidifiers and that doesn't leave any room for a hot water heater, stove or central heating system. That why I am leaning toward a smaller commercial location as opposed to residential. My intentions are to provide top grade meds for those in need. Any extra meds I get I figured I would donate to this nice guy I meet named Tim Timpton (jk .. I just read Tim Timpton thread by Sputnik). My passion is growing. If I grow monster plants and have to throw the excess meds in the compost pile then so be it. I started this thread to get prospective on using a broker to find a space as this is such a foreign concept to me. Thanks for yalls insight.

S

Seed Buyer

WOW..that is weak! Thanks for the link RMCG. Gonna be running UC Evo XL 13's as well.

S

Seed Buyer

For what its worth I am leaning towards Boulder or Golden. Is caregiver zoning treated the same as in Denver?

S

Seed Buyer

Yeah DoobyScoo I got the message. I am from the land of 25 yr mandatory minimums. So show and tell has never been part of the program. Thats why the idea of using a real estate broker is tripping me out.

K

Killerapplesauc

Where are my knee high boots its getting deep

WOW, Does anyone smell that its like a lingering rotten fish smell and it not emulsions. So you are going to invest in a grow space for just five patients and you are going to spend well into the 50k range and this is out of the kindness of your heart and not for profit. Just FYI you are only allowed 2 oz per patient so for 50k you will only be able to have 10 ounces at any giving time (please correct me if I'm wrong) and you are going to compost the rest and all the while you will be paying for a warehouse ,electric bill, grow materials and supplies ect.... WOW obama got the noble peace prize for being black wonder what you will get sainthood? LMAO. No offense but your whole plan is not economically feasible unless your goal is to mass produce for the wholesale market and profit. We have seen what is going on in Montana please don't bring it here. It sounds like you are going to have to charge sick people a arm and a leg just to cover your expenses maybe you should just be honest and say "Hey I want to start a dispensary any Ideas on a good location"

sky high

sky high

The Math is certainly a bit askew here. However, my guess is that the market "down South" could easily see a benefit from this garden and Colorado's "medical laws". There's just no other way the cost is worth it.

Bottom line, yer a few years too late, and sadly, these kinda grows/growers comin here en masse' are an illustration of WHY our laws keep changing and the rights OF THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY >>>LIVE<<< IN COLORADO >>>permanently<<< are being taken away daily.

either way, be safe.

s h

S

Seed Buyer

Just ought of curiosity where does everyone keep getting these $50K start up figures? My basic budget is below. Please fill me in on my unknown variable, cost per killa watt hour.

Gear - $0 Have all that already
Rent - 1200-1500 square foot free standing building at $6-$10 a square foot triple net should run $1,250 a month
Security Deposit per above $1250
Power - ?
Permitting w/ City - most municipalities will inspect property for free

I was thinking more along the lines of $8,000 to start up that figure including 3 months rent and $3,000 for framing materials (studs, rock, and mud).

Killersauce..dont get so uptight man. When states make progressive moves like CO people like myself are going to flock there rather than keep walking a fine line that can result in life ending negative consequences. I am sure quite a bit of people are moving to CO to grow but are also making a positive impact to their new communities. If and when I end up CO it is not gonna impact your life in any way.

C

ChickenJoe

Just ought of curiosity where does everyone keep getting these $50K start up figures? My basic budget is below. Please fill me in on my unknown variable, cost per killa watt hour.

Rent - 1200-1500 square foot free standing building at $6-$10 a square foot triple net should run $1,250 a month
Power - ?

I was thinking more along the lines of $8,000 to start up that figure including 3 months rent and $3,000 for framing materials (studs, rock, and mud).

Killersauce..dont get so uptight man. When states make progressive moves like CO people like myself are going to flock there rather than keep walking a fine line that can result in life ending negative consequences. I am sure quite a bit of people are moving to CO to grow but are also making a positive impact to their new communities. If and when I end up CO it is not gonna impact your life in any way.

Dont let these ole CO boys get to ya! We are all just pissed that wholesale lb prices are dirt cheap thanks to shit dispensary bud being pumped out and all that damn cali outdoor too. Thats why most the good shit is being mailed out east. Ive found the best way to go is a out of town land lord, unfinished basement up in the hills. Get a few crops under ya, some cash in the bank and then expand. The whole warehouse scene is crazy out here.

Good luck bro! Welcome to CO...:harvest:

sky high

sky high

k-sauce isn't uptight, he's just being honest.

2 pages into the Rocky mountain High thread I alluded to the fact that we would see serious changes in our laws >for the worse< if folks flocked here....they did...and we have. Of course, NONE OF THEM had any effect on the changes that we saw. Musta been those OTHER GUYS. Bastards.

Funny how that works, huh?

C

canaguy27

Power - ?

is ALL of your gear UL approved? What about buildout costs with licensed contractors? Camera system? Bringing the space up to code? Possibly a husbandry permit depending on what regs they are going to try and pass?
Nutrients?

From my experience, landlords have made ridiculous requests for security deposits (6 months of rent) etc for known grows.

For what you are planning, Arizona would be a better place, or Cali.

Latest posts

Top Bottom