Using a sulfur burner

• Thread starter freshgardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

freshgardens

So unfortunately i got some pm on my tahoe ogs going into week 6 of flower. Its not on every plant but its on enough to where i am picking off leaves on a daily basis. Ive heard so much on using it and not using it. Im on my last resort and going to use it. My question is in a 20x20 room week 6. How long do have to vapor the sufur for. Some people say only need to do it for an hr some say 4. People are saying use it in 4 hrs in because the stomatas are closed. Any answers to help me make it through the last 3 weeks and not have the buds affected completely would be great. Thanks

toxichippie

toxichippie

i burn for 30 minutes once a week up until week 8 of flowering with no negative side effects....no sulfur taste either.

my advice to you would be burn for 30 minutes. then after your grow is complete clean your room with a bleach soultion...then while the room is empty burn sulfur for 1-2 hours to give a good protecting coat of sulfur. fill room back up with plants.

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Use bottled CO2. Flood your room with 10.000 ppm for about 2 hours. No more bugs.
Repeat between harvests to sanitize your room as well.

F

freshgardens

thanks for your posts! Tox how will i know if 30 mins is enough? If i were to buy an inrared heat gun to check the temp what do i want it at. I know the melting point is at 239 F. I know i dont want it to burn just vapor. Any suggestions? Also are you in a 20x20 room as well bigger smaller?

F

freshgardens

Use bottled CO2. Flood your room with 10.000 ppm for about 2 hours. No more bugs.
Repeat between harvests to sanitize your room as well.
bob thanks for your post. I def use c02 in my room but as of right now i dont have bugs just pm. Knock on wood though it stays that way

bobismyfather

bobismyfather

ow, yeah just got that /facepalm - powdered mildew. in my inebriated state I read too fast!
also sulphur does not work for private messages!

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

i burn sulpher for a week straight which wek just depends on how long the strain goes, i like to burn for 1 week then let the plant go 6 more weeks, i burn for 3 hours then let the room sit for 6 more hours then turn the fans on, just incase someone reads this and decides to try i burn with lights out not on i've head that can be pretty bad.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are going to burn I would get four burners in a room that big. Otherwise you are going to just fuck up the plants next to the burner to help those one the edges. If I had a room of real tahoes I would go get an airbrush and use H. peroxide or zone and penetrator combo. The extra work will help you next time you want to use a room not designed the best. Add floor fans. That was the size of my room and I used a min of 4 20" floor fans 24/7. Watch to see what your lights out rh goes up to. JK

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

4 burners in a 20x20?

Now you got me thinking.

Could a fellow just use a cheap hot plate and small stainless bowl to burn sulphur instead of a hundred dollar sulphur burner? I could buy 4 set-ups like that for a hundred bucks.

Sorry for the jack..

S

serpent

install four hooks in each corner of room.move burner every other day to a new corner hook.put burner on timer.burn at lights out.make sure all vents are closed and fans off.burn three hours.also tape up or bag all sensors and outlets.also like to wrap my burn pot in plastic after every use and put in freezer over night.melted sulfer pops out easy the next day.

J

Jalisco Kid

I buy used electric skillets($3-4)and use my funtickets on lighting or something useful. JK
burn at 270*

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

jk....droppin the werd as usual.

thanks once again my friend

F

freshgardens

Thank you all for the response. As of yet i have burnt twice both for 2 hrs on the 2 level. I am still seeing the pm so im going to turn it up to 3 or 4 hrs on a higher level goimg into week 7. Got to cross my fingers.

J

Jalisco Kid

You relax and you will be harvesting crap. If its good herb its worth the work. Attacking it now will only allow you to creep across the finish line if it gets on all your girls. My patients have knocked it down fairly well with the zone/penetrator. If I was to burn I would place those 4 burners for 3 hours wait a day then for 3 hours(lights off). If that does not work I do not think maintenance burning thru your crop would help you much. Suerte JK

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

install four hooks in each corner of room.move burner every other day to a new corner hook.put burner on timer.burn at lights out.make sure all vents are closed and fans off.burn three hours.also tape up or bag all sensors and outlets.also like to wrap my burn pot in plastic after every use and put in freezer over night.melted sulfer pops out easy the next day.
Kinda late to this party, but hoping someone with long time sulfur burn experience can validate if sulfur burning actually oxidizes everything metal in the room?

Top Bottom