Using A Vortex Or Cyclone Brewer For Tea

• Thread starter indogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indogro

indogro

I've been doing the bucket and air stone tea brew, but after some research, I am highly interested in a Vortex or Cyclone type brewer.

Who is using this type of brewer, whether bought or home made? and do you see any benefit from it?

I like the idea of it, and how it keeps things stirred properly, and adds lots of oxygen to the water.

I only make a 4 gallon brew of Cap' s Tea, which is then dilluted at a half gallon per 40 Gal. res. I guess I would only need a 5 gallon brewer, and I'm not sure I've seen a vortex type brewer this small.

Any insight would be appreciated.

cheers.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

They make a 15 galon brewer but u donnt have to fill it up all the way:banghead:
or u can mix in a smaller batch and then use the brewer as your vortex resivoir.
There are also a few home made types that guys on here have made. U might wana do a search cause somme of them are pretty damn good and alot less money.

budm

budm

I made one of these: I'm driving it with an Alita AL-80 that I had left over from my RDWC days and it works great!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This thread: Made New Vortex Brewer is, in my opinion, the best thread we have here on the subject. Look up as much of oscar169's, slap14's and organicozark's posts as you can. I recall a couple of other cats here doing the same and doing a great job, but right now I'm drawing a blank on who they are. Remember, the search feature is your friend (and it looks like somebody tricked it out recently, too).

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Does anyone think a pondmaster AP-60 would be too large of an air pump for a 5 gallon DIY vortex airlift brewer?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I made one similar to budm, only I cut off the bottom of the 5 gallon water jug and I use one 1" pvc line and a smaller air pump. Watch out for foam if you start in on vortex brewing. Mine freaking exploded so I started using 10ml of Vegetable oil to keep the foam a bit more in control.

budm

budm

I made one similar to budm, only I cut off the bottom of the 5 gallon water jug and I use one 1" pvc line and a smaller air pump. Watch out for foam if you start in on vortex brewing. Mine freaking exploded so I started using 10ml of Vegetable oil to keep the foam a bit more in control.

No kidding about the foam! My first time using the vortex I also had a similar "explosion" and had gunk all over the walls, sides of brewer, stand, floor... Ugh.

I also use drops of vegetable oil and am trying to fine tune my ingredients somewhat. Warning, alfalfa meal will make your brewer foam like a washing machine full of soap! Lol

My brewer is using (4) 1.5" PVC airlifts just like the link I posted earlier and the AL-80 drives it nicely. I removed the little rubber elbow on the outlet of the air pump and connected a 3/4" I.D. hose directly to the air pump. The other end of the hose is connected to a homemade PVC manifold that has a 3/4" barb for the inlet and (4) 3/8" barbs as outlets. I did not put diffusers on the ends of the 3/8" airlines down inside the brewer because I wanted to keep it simple but also wanted it to clean up easily. My air pump and the way I've connected it allows plenty of air for all 4 lifts and it disassembles easily to clean up in about 5 minutes with a garden hose.

Top Bottom