Using advanced lighting techniques advice.

• Thread starter WickedMichelle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

I purchased what were canned "advanced lighting" for my grow box. The manufacturer recommends a certain time schedule of when to use these lights. Each type of light, IR, UV and RB(I think) each came with a timer. Nice but too involved to set each timer for each light.

If I ran all 3 of these along with the standard light that came with the kit, will it hurt the plants?

Advice please.

Thanks 👍

Z

Zab

The IR light are only meant to be on 15 min before lights on and 15 min after lights out. The UV is meant to be on for only 5 to 10 min per hour depending on whether your in veg or flower( 5 for veg and 10 for flower). The deep red is used with the same time cycle as you regular light but after switching to a 12 -12 hour cycle.

I do not have any of these supplemental light with my SE4800 though, just what I have read on the MH site

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

The IR light are only meant to be on 15 min before lights on and 15 min after lights out. The UV is meant to be on for only 5 to 10 min per hour depending on whether your in veg or flower( 5 for veg and 10 for flower). The deep red is used with the same time cycle as you regular light but after switching to a 12 -12 hour cycle.

I do not have any of these supplemental light with my SE4800 though, just what I have read on the MH site
Thanks... I believe that is what the site recommends as well. I was wondering if it would hurt to just let them all run.... Maybe they would not be strong enough with the main light on so they would not get any of their effect. I like that using these will help keep down bacteria and mold. Or at least that is the claim in the sales pitch Lol.

Reactions: Zab
Z

Zab

I think I would suggest using the MF suggested times before using alternative timing. The deep red is for flowering so you won't need that for a while.

Check @Mikedin I think he has all of the Mars hydro supplemental lighting (I THINK)

Its great to do a lot of research, but try not to get overloaded. Looks like your going to be all set by the time you get your seeds 👊 then on to producing some🔥💯 👍

A

AZreefer

Thanks... I believe that is what the site recommends as well. I was wondering if it would hurt to just let them all run.... Maybe they would not be strong enough with the main light on so they would not get any of their effect. I like that using these will help keep down bacteria and mold. Or at least that is the claim in the sales pitch Lol.
From what ive read it can stretch your buds to run too much uv. Using it in veg will not be benifical Ive not herd that the uv is going to be helpful to reduce or prevent mold on your plants. That is more direct with something like a uv sterilizer which needs to be very close to the light source. The uv on the plant will cause it to produce sunblock which happend to be dense tricoms. Ive been doung some heavy reading on this matter as i just purchased an ir/uv capable light and i needed to know the ins and outs of it. I also fuck with uv sterilizers in my fishtanks and have used the handheld versions for work. I mean a very maybe it might help kill some bacteria. Also ive been smoking all day so i might be wrong all togetyer

Top Bottom