Using Advanced Nutrients after expiration date

• Thread starter RiderFree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RiderFree

Hi guys,
here is the problem: almost two years ago I bought a complete set of Advanced Nutrients fertilizers for hydroponics (Connoisseur and all the other additives like tarantula, voodoo juice, sensyzim, big bud and all the others). Some of them expired at the beginning of 2023. Do you think I can still use them?
They were stored in a completely dark place, but the last summer the temperature reached almost 35C for some weeks. I have now checked them and they seem very well preserved (no smell, no crystallization).
What do you think?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hi guys,
here is the problem: almost two years ago I bought a complete set of Advanced Nutrients fertilizers for hydroponics (Connoisseur and all the other additives like tarantula, voodoo juice, sensyzim, big bud and all the others). Some of them expired at the beginning of 2023. Do you think I can still use them?
They were stored in a completely dark place, but the last summer the temperature reached almost 35C for some weeks. I have now checked them and they seem very well preserved (no smell, no crystallization).
What do you think?
Generally depends on how they were stored. Sounds like they were kept fairly well aside from the higher temps but I don't think that's warm enough to make much of a difference.

You'd probably be fine to use them. The enzymes might not be as good but the rest should be fine. Maybe use them on a "tester" plant before using them on something important, and maybe start using them at quarter to half strength and work your way up to full dosage, just in case they became more potent over time.

R

RiderFree

Ok you were right. I checked Sensizym again and it was dark brown. I hadn’t noticed this before. But what about Tarantula, Piranha and Vodoo Juice? They are composed by bacteria an various bacillus… I’m not sure they will work… moreover I noticed that only the fertilizers above have an expiration date and a temperature of storing. All the others not.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hard to say for sure. You could try using them and see what happens. I doubt anything bad would come of this, but if the microbes are still alive, you could feed them with some dextrose (basically sugar made from corn or wheat) after applying them to your root zone. GreenPlanet makes a product called Karbo-Boost that works well for feeding microbes, but again it's just basic dextrose so you may be able to find some online for cheaper.

Top Bottom