Using Advanced Nutrients, Micro, Grow, & Bloom ph perfect line

• Thread starter Molson21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Molson21

Molson21

Hello everyone, first post & first time grower. I have 3 auto flowers going right now. They are at the end of week 5 & seem to be at the beginning stages of flowering. I started in FFOF mixed with 25% perlite. I have been giving 1/4 strength nutrients the past several weeks using AN Micro, Grow, & Bloom. I look at their feeding schedule & they show equal parts of all 3 all the way through the grow & slowly increasing the dosage.

My question is, Should I be giving more bloom & less grow now that they are beginning to flower? Or do I keep doing equal parts of all 3?
Any help would be much appreciated. So far the grow has gone well & I’m just trying to not screw it up from here.
Also any comments on how they look I am open to all feedback.
Using advanced nutrients micro grow  bloom ph perfect line

chuck88

chuck88

Three or four years ago AN had a beginners and an advanced feed chart.

I started with the Advanced and just couldn't get it right. Switched to the beginners, which is equal amounts and plants were much happier !

BTW > anything over 1000 ppm and I had issues !

Your plants look good. Nice color and praying with no tip burn.

I would continue as you are !

Cheers

chuck88

chuck88

BTW > do you have plant elevators under your bags ?

It's a good idea to get the bottom of the bag off the saucer...

Cheers

Bilber

Bilber

I don't use those nutes, but I believe it's a universal thing to continue using what you are using until the stretch is, or right before the stretch ends.....

During stretch it is crucial for the plants to have the nitrogen for the stretch....

Once the stretch is almost or is done, then you should switch......

That was one of my biggest mistakes was once I flipped to flower, I also switched to bloom nutes....my plants suffered dearly....

Molson21

Molson21

BTW > do you have plant elevators under your bags ?

It's a good idea to get the bottom of the bag off the saucer...

Cheers
Thanks for your help, I dont have anything under the fabric pots, they sit right on the saucers. Should I raise them up? I water till slight runoff & then I let the pots soak back up what’s in the saucers. I’m using about 1/4 strength nutes so far not sure if I should bump it up to half strength on the next feeding? I’ve had no nute burn so far so hopefully I can avoid that.

Next question is defoliation & or lollipopping? Is this the time I should do it if I want to? I have been doing minor defoliating throughout the grow so far & they have responded great to it. Any tips on defoliating & how much would be greatly appreciated.

chuck88

chuck88

Thanks for your help, I dont have anything under the fabric pots, they sit right on the saucers. Should I raise them up? I water till slight runoff & then I let the pots soak back up what’s in the saucers. I’m using about 1/4 strength nutes so far not sure if I should bump it up to half strength on the next feeding? I’ve had no nute burn so far so hopefully I can avoid that.

Next question is defoliation & or lollipopping? Is this the time I should do it if I want to? I have been doing minor defoliating throughout the grow so far & they have responded great to it. Any tips on defoliating & how much would be greatly appreciated.
AN's feeding chart should give you a general idea of amounts/timing of nutrients but I still go by how the plants look....

And as a general rule, I do not "let the plant suck up the run off". Later on you may need that slight flush to clean out any accumulated salts.

I use plant elevators to keep the plants out of the run off and to provide some air under the bags...

Something like this >

Plant elevator

My "style" of grow is to top above the fourth node, remove the first node and train the plant sideways until it is about 24" wide, flip to flower and then let them grow up. This will also help to keep the total height down, works especially well with sativas.

Depending on the strain I do not defoliate. The plant may need to pull from them late in flower. Tuck if necessary but pretty well leave them alone.

Around the time I flip to flower I will lollipop, taking the bottom third of the plant and whatever branches look like they won't make it to the top. This will give you fewer but larger buds and very little larf or popcorn buds. Also makes for an easier trim at harvest.

I do leave a few bottom fan leaves, this is where you might notice a deficiency starting.....

Something like this using wood skewers and soft wire. Day 2 of 12/12.

Day 2 Golden Tiger 6 Mar 23

Cheers

M

monkey47

I
I don't use those nutes, but I believe it's a universal thing to continue using what you are using until the stretch is, or right before the stretch ends.....

During stretch it is crucial for the plants to have the nitrogen for the stretch....

Once the stretch is almost or is done, then you should switch......

That was one of my biggest mistakes was once I flipped to flower, I also switched to bloom nutes....my plants suffered dearly....
Agree, I personally feed my plants grow nutrients during the first 1-2 weeks up until the stretch is over with and the first flowers are starting to show. Then I switch to bloom nutrients and the week after that I start adding npk.

Top Bottom