Using calmag for the first time but having a calcium deficiency! Plus flower room pics.

• Thread starter Oldmateslim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Hi guys,

My latest flowering run is going all pretty smoothly but ive run into a few issues, ive been using calmag for the first time ever and have been getting what looks like calcium deficiency for the first time ever!

I used to run nutrifield coco a+b and pk heavy in the 5th week of bloom and used to spray epsom salts on the plants all through veg and never really had any major issues in flower.

Im running 2 strains, green crack that has been in rotation for a while and dinafem white widow for its first run, all is well and plants are green, healthy and praying but im getting tip burn and edge burn that looks to be calcium related.

Im running way lower EC for feeds than usual but have added some things.

Tap water:0.5 EC, 7.3 PH
Medium: coco
Per 20l water: 20ml nutrifield coco a+b
10ml nutrifield pk heavy
5-10ml seasol

These are all new:
10ml nutrifield fulife
10ml calmag
2ml seachem prime (aquarium dechlorinator)

Feed EC: 1.5
Feed PH: 5.8-6.4

I used to run a much more a+b heavy mix at a higher EC and didn't PH my water either.

Im not extremely worried but I really thought it was dialed in this time!

Could prime cause an issue? It smells like rotten eggs so would assume it maybe has sulfur in it.

Could fulvic/humic acid cause this?

Could I be over doing the calmag because my tap water already has high amounts?

Heres some pics

Using calmag for the first time but having a calcium deficiency plus flower room pics
Using calmag for the first time but having a calcium deficiency plus flower room pics 2
Using calmag for the first time but having a calcium deficiency plus flower room pics 3
Using calmag for the first time but having a calcium deficiency plus flower room pics 4
Using calmag for the first time but having a calcium deficiency plus flower room pics 5
Using calmag for the first time but having a calcium deficiency plus flower room pics 6
Using calmag for the first time but having a calcium deficiency plus flower room pics 7
Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Im using a mixture of sri lanka with neem and trichoderma + nutrifield 70/30 coco perlite, both of which ive used for a long time seperately.

I assumed it was the calmag so I flushed and discontinued it, I couldn't see any reason the others would cause it but nobody knows it all ya know 😂

I've never had a calcium issue but always end up with mag issues in veg which is why I got calmag so just used it all the time at a low dose to see if it made any difference.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Lights off about 18c and not sure on humidity but would be 70-80% for all

Lights on for the wardrobe is 24-27c and 60-65% because the new cob is far more efficient so it doesn't heat/dry the room like my others which are 27-30c and 50%

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Im using a mixture of sri lanka with neem and trichoderma + nutrifield 70/30 coco perlite, both of which ive used for a long time seperately.

I assumed it was the calmag so I flushed and discontinued it, I couldn't see any reason the others would cause it but nobody knows it all ya know 😂

I've never had a calcium issue but always end up with mag issues in veg which is why I got calmag so just used it all the time at a low dose to see if it made any difference.

Epsom Salt for a mag issue. Way cheaper.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Epsom Salt for a mag issue. Way cheaper.
Funny how that works 😂 ive always just sprayed epsom salts but figured they would just be healthier in general if I added calmag, so much out there to say you need it for coco but somehow ive been fine for years without it 😂 ill just go back to that and keep the calmag for if I end up needing it

Ph 007

Ph 007

My tap water is the same, and using cal mage give me problems lockout and slow growth, give me cal and mag deficiencys when i used it, in use canna coco try no cal cal week

Ph 007

Ph 007

My tap water is 0.06ppm
Something like that can't remember
But using my e.c blue lab wind to check the tap water e.c it's under 0.2 ec

First pic of mine i was using calmag

Second pic no cal just canna a&b at 0.6 e.c

IMG 20190809 144521

IMG 20190908 220117

Last edited:
Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Yeah theres always something lol, as joe dirt would say "just keep on keeping on" 😉

Top Bottom