Using CANNA in the UC?

• Thread starter MaMasBuSH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MaMasBuSH

Were rocking an 8 bucket 8 gal setup with 1/4th chiller I'm a newbee at the UC. Were currently in VEG, started with the rhizo PPM at around 350. Now were about 2 weeks in VEG using aqua vega A&B with cannazym, keeping PPM around 450-500. An there looking beautiful =). so were flipping to 12/12 on soooon, should I give em a nice flush an hit it with the aqua Flores A&B with the all mighty BOOST and I wanted to add PK from the start?!? Good idea or bad?!? I've herd good things an bad thing with adding PK early in flower!?! I love feedback and will accept any pointers. Were keeping PPM low and the water around 69 degree with a steady PH of 5.8!
Thankyou
Mamabush

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

flush all the veg nutes outta your system i flushed twice to make sure they were out... you can add a pk boost for the first 4-7 days of flower this will let the plants know that its time to flower, after that flush your nutes again and add just your a+b nutes resume pk boost at week 3-4 or until flush... i used dutch master A+B added humboldts ginourmous week 1, then again at 3-6 and now im using humboldts big up for the final 7-9...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Canna recommends you use it for the first week only when you go 12/12. They have a great calculator on their web site.

http://www.cannagardening.ca/growguide

Are you going to run a log? I'm about 3 weeks behind you and will be using all Canna. Best of luck.

M

MaMasBuSH

babyhughie586 an woodsmaneh thankyou!

so babyhughie, i hit em with pk and boost off the bat? then a flush? then pk with a&b with boost? do you keep your PPM low/ thanks mi amigo!

woodsmaneh i will try to keep a log, i take it you are? cant wait to see sum pics!! what are you keeping your PPM's at? thankyou for the site =)

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I need to get my RO system up and running today than should have the water to get started on Sat. I am going to post pics and keep a log on this site. My well water is 380ppm so need to fix that with the ro than will run the system for a couple days with the veg food than veg for 2 weeks than flower. Getting real close.....

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

babyhughie586 an woodsmaneh thankyou!

so babyhughie, i hit em with pk and boost off the bat? then a flush? then pk with a&b with boost? do you keep your PPM low/ thanks mi amigo!

Yup pk boost on day 1 flower run it for 4-7 days.. add your a+b nutes first ppm should be right around 380 then add the pk ppms around 450-500 depending on the size of the plants and root mass... after the 7 days drop the pk boost and adjust your a+b nutes to 500.. I increased my ppms every week until i hit 750-800, about 50 ppms at a time... stop the pk boost after 4-7 days then resume with it again in the 4th week

H

Hythloth

It seems like using PK requires lots of nutes to be wasted with all these flushes. Is it really worth it? I don't think i'd be willing to completely flush my UC system after only 4-7 days.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Like in all growing there are a number of ways to skin the cat. I have been up and running for the last 4 weeks and have posted my expearences there with pics. My sig has the link.

I have not changed my nutriments out yet just keep adding to it and I have 1 week of flower with the same res just going to boost it up to 500 to 600ppm. Than do a change out when week 2 arrives as per the feeding chart. I want to keep it as simple as I can on the first run so I have a baseline to work with. Just the way I think.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

It seems like using PK requires lots of nutes to be wasted with all these flushes. Is it really worth it? I don't think i'd be willing to completely flush my UC system after only 4-7 days.

No need to flush....the plants will use the nutes. Try not to over complicate and keep it simple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom