Using cleaning solution

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

I bought this cleaning solution from a head shop but I was just thinking if this can remove the resin from my bong it can probably remove the skin from my hands!

Has anyone used this stuff safely?*

S

spinkus

It's just salt and alcohol in that bottle bro, you'll be fine.

Let me hook you up real quick. Let me show you how to clean your bong up real goo, and real cheap.

1st get yourself some rock salt and regular salt, and mix a little of each in the bong...

1rocksalt
2regsalt
4saltybong
S

spinkus

Now get you a bottle of 91% alcohol from wally-world and put a little of that in there. Mix up vigorously, and rinse with hot tap water. Wa-lah!

3alcohol
5allmixed
6allclean
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I've used Grunge off. It works and it isn't that harsh but I wear gloves anyway.

I agree with spinkus. I use Alcohol and coarse salt all the time. It's the best cleaner IMO regardless of cost and it's the cheapest way to go. Havn't used store bought since I moved out of plastic. Them chunks of salt do wonders with some alcohol in the mix.

E

ent

I've used Grunge off. It works and it isn't that harsh but I wear gloves anyway.

I agree with spinkus. I use Alcohol and coarse salt all the time. It's the best cleaner IMO regardless of cost and it's the cheapest way to go. Havn't used store bought since I moved out of plastic. Them chunks of salt do wonders with some alcohol in the mix.

x2. iso+salt works well. but GO is the only product i will purchase from a headshop to clean glass. good for sensitive multi-tree perc and good for slides to just soak.

edit- pics
8g3KF.jpg

mg5oG.jpg

fK98Y.jpg

S

spinkus

Nice slides ent

Here's one I just got. GRAV name brand? Know anything about them? I love the thickness and the pinched-in neck.

Name
Thick
Pinch
E

ent

i don't know about GRAV, but it looks like honalee joints. thicky thick.

R

Radio Flyer

Only two methods I use to clean are salt and alcohol or Grunge Off Super Soaker.

If you use Grunge Off remember, it's reusable and it's VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SLIPPERY! I've heard plenty of stories of glass slipping from peoples hands while using it.

B

Beasters X Haze

for something really serious use a cleaner called resinate, shit is baller as fuck for cleaning out really intricate pieces with hard to reach areas. I've cleaned out hundreds of nice pieces of my collection and it was the first one that absolutely amazed me. we cleaned this tube out with resinate before the photos.

For normal cleaning I use alcohol and salt like everyone else said

Wormag
meangreenmartian

meangreenmartian

then he is a dirty dirty glassmaker. Gotta grab one of them when I have a few g's to burn. sick dude

N

NatiBlazer513

Alcohol is deff the best way to clean a piece, but i do recommend a nice ash catcher to keep the tube super clean.

IMAGE 040
B

Backward_Z

The best salt to use is coarse Kosher -- also called the "pinchable" salt

It's larger than table salt but smaller than rock salt. Rock salt is too big to get into cracks and table salt is too small to be genuinely useful. If you want it to smell like the stuff you buy at the store, add some orange oil.

A neato trick for cleaning downstems, etc. After rinsing with hot water, fill the entire cavity to the top with coarse Kosher salt. Slowly, SLOWLY trickle your alcohol through the top. You should see the wet-line move down through the piece, getting darker as it collects resin. What's happening here is when the salt gets wet, it compacts and scrapes and is super-effective at removing resin. When you have alcohol dripping out of the bottom, you can clear the chamber and do your regular shake to clean the rest.

If your piece is super dirty, like you've had it a year and never thought to clean it, it's going to take more to do a good job. You can either go to town with an array of Q-tips and strangely-bent paperclips or let the whole piece soak in alcohol for about a week. My neighbor swears by that one. "Man, I've got so many pipes and I never clean 'em, when they get dirty I'm like 'Fuck it,' and I just go buy another one." but then he ran out of money, dunked the collection for a week and said they were like new.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Kosher salt

Just used some kosher salt and alcohol to clean my glass, its a daily task. That is why my glass only has a life expectancy of 2 months. I need to get me a US Tube

mal

F

fat

yep alchool and rock salt kicks ass i also keep around a box of alchool wipes

D

da BUG

definitely stick to the alcohol and salt. imho i just cant justify spendin any money on shit to clean a piece when you could save your money for some beans on here or get a sick ass bubbler/piece like beastersxhaze.

C

CanadianClassic

ICEE-PROPE works great and most of that bong cleaner solution shit is totally safe,o use ICEE myself can also be used to make wicked OIL but thats a different story since it can be dangerous if not done correctly.

Good luck with the ladies!!!

Top Bottom