using co2 for oil extaction

• Thread starter nedmark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nedmark

i wonder if co2 would work in place of butane.if any one knows please share your thoughts.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
its not that simple, but ya. the generally accepted thought is you need a very expensive device for that solvent, and for most this is cost prohibitive.

E

ent

co2 needs to be around 3000 PSI and 120F to become supercritical.

G

GreenTrees88

Below is the conversation I had with the company that makes a CO2 supercritical extraction machine.
Does anybody know if this has been used with cannabis to make hash?

"Joachim,
...More specifically, I will be using this machine to extract the oil from medical cannabis which is legal in the State of xxx.
Maybe you know someone that I can speak with that uses the machine for this purpose?

I have no knowledge of anyone extracting cannabis! Our big machines are used in the leather industry in Spain, then we have machines in Germany and Sweden (plastics) and some laboratory units all over Europe, but in projects where we are not involved.

Stockholm is two hours from Amsterdam by plane – if you like, you can see a machine here.
Typically, most plants or herbs (lavendel, coriander, pepper, roses…) allow extraction of 0,01-0,5%, so from 100 kg material you get 0,01-0,5 kg extract. So, there is a huge span. I have no idea about the content of tetra-hydro-cannabinol (believe the active ingredient?) in cannabis, but it should be soluble in CO2.
How would you supply further to customers, and is it exclusively legal in xxx?

I guess it is illegal even to experiment with cannabis in Sweden, Holland could be different.

Best regards Joachim"

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

i herd of dudes getting paint ball canister's taking off top filling with nugg , then they put top back on go have it filled with CO2 then go home a spary it thru stainless mesh screen , then collect of screens

There few companys that off super critical table top extraction units that use CO2 but there over 15k

J

jandjbako

The video was really cool. I think I will try this process this weekend. It looks realitivly simple. I will give it and try report back on it.

J1

J

jandjbako

Our first attempt was a fail, but no explosion. We couldn't keep the proper temp. and pressure. I ordered some of the tubes used in the video. They will be here some time next week. Also, ordering some other pieces to help with the keeping proper pressure. It will take another week or so, but we will get it done.

J2

20north

i really hope to see some progress of it J2 that would be cool

P

Patient 957

They sell CO2 hashish at The Divinity Tree in San Francisco. I'm noticing some of the other clubs are starting to offer it as well instead of traditional oil. Tastes a lot better, and I'm sure it's healthier than using butane.

Peace,

P.957

P

psillyrabbit

the technology is out their now we need one of our supper stoners to make a home extractor for the diy i know it is dangerous but i haveread and have enough experiance in high pressures to try this just need a idea on how to collect it from the chamber

L

Loudblunts

nice to know my brain isnt the only one tinkering... i had saw this wiki article as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_oil

the part that stuck out was "Honey oil can also be produced by carbon filtering an aqueous solution of marijuana extract which removes nearly everything except the psychoactive components yielding a honey colored resinoid"

is this what yall are referring to.... if not, would this method be expensive to do?

urbanite420

urbanite420

co2 needs to be around 3000 PSI and 120F to become supercritical.

Ah yes, the supercritical extraction...Suite215 has the bomb Budder spercritical extracts. G's got an associate that handles that for him. Not all his extracts are supercritical.

Top Bottom