Wanted Using Co2 on a budget help!

• Thread starter Littleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Littleman

Well this my first time using any type of forum and pretty much the first time I’ll be able to ask someone for advise outside of my stuck up cousin who lives in a free state and the guy that worked at the last grow store in my city until they closed down as well. Fukin Amazon am I right
So y’all are my last shot at trying to get educated about this shit. Here’s what I dealing with.

I’m using a shed that is insulated fairly well inside I’ve got a Partition that separates my grow area and my nutrient room where I also have my Co2 tank and some other supplies. (Co2 tank looks like one of those tall tanks you see in welding shops in case that matters) On the other side is my grow space where I have a 315w cmh 4200k I think it is. Which is the light I use for my plant(s) in flower, space is 7x6x8.
I put up a little veg tint with two t5’s inside using hvac tape and some thick light proof plastic to separate it from the flowering area That area is 6x2x8 give or take a foot for the measurementsi did leave the top pretty much open and cut a 6-7inch hole at the bottom of the plastic to allow it to vent and breathe pretty much the same air as the flower at least that was my thought process. And I have made sure there are no Interfering light leaks coming from one another.
And now the area I’ve struggled with the most the climate, it Fukin terrible where I am I have window unit that is pretty dope for the shit I put it through its sorta on a schedule but I can control through my phone, along with my lights. a really good dehumidifier that’s set to come in at 45%RH, small cubical heater used when necessary, and two desk fans one placed below the canopy and one above. I’ve got a a 6 inch home that can do about 600cfm for exhaust and 1 6-7 inch hole at the bottom for intake that can do about 300-cfm. I had 2 at one point but outside air was killing me so plugged it up. Temps are Little bit more consistent but I’m done with this dam outside air.The temps along with humidity can can go up and down at certain times of the year and if your not watching the news every night or Checking your weather app 3 times a day your outta there. The good thing is summer is just about here and I don’t need to watch the news for that cause I know it’s gonna be hot af and prolly humid. It’s oct-march/April that have loosing sleep. With all that being said I wanna switch to a sealed room but haven’t quite got the funds together all the Co2 controller and whatever else I may need. I’m close I’ve got the Co2, a hose with holes ran at the top with holes and valve that can be controlled by timer to open and close to release Co2. Just no controller…

If you can give me some input, advice, constructive criticism, whatever you wanna call it I’m all ears. Am not toooo sensitive so tell me how it is. Can I get the Co2 to work and work effectively, should I not use it, should I just stop typing?? yesss.
Lol my bad just didn’t wanna have to have to deal with all the follow up questions and I’m not great with on line interactions so bare with me. Just let me know yall!
peace out!

ohh yeah the strains are unknown just some feeds I save for the few seeeds I’m able to find from the local stuff which is usually pretty good.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

You need a monitor so you at least know your levels. I would also get a thermometer and hygrometer instead of watching the news. Your room Temps humidity and co2 (if using ) needs to be monitored. If you have something at least telling you your levels you can set your timers to open and close when you need it. Also let you know that your levels are too high so you don't kill your self because co2 is heavier then oxygen and will displace oxygen really quick.

L

Littleman

Yeah i knew I left something out. I do have thermometer and temp sensor rh as well that I just put in like two days that is linked to this little monitor I have in my house, but if im not home I don’t know what’s going on inside the room. But it does me a lot of good when I am home though. But I think I’m just gonna have spend the money cause your right about the Co2 monitor, do you know of a brand or site that I could get one for good I’ve seen some online but Idk what brands to trust or if it matters that much.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

There are a few brands out there. I have used Autopilot and had crap experience. But that could have been a bad unit.

What I do now is make my own. Do you have any experience with Arduino, raspberry pi, beagle bone, anything like that? If you have that stuff, the CO2 sensor can be had pretty cheap and the software is easy to write.

L

Littleman

Nah I’ve never heard of any of those, and I don’t mind putting shit together, especially if it’s cheaper what do I gotta do?

steamroller

steamroller

I use an inkbird CO2 controller when I am using CO2 . The Icc-500t .
Shameless plug for one of the sites sponsors !
And welcome !

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nah I’ve never heard of any of those, and I don’t mind putting shit together, especially if it’s cheaper what do I gotta do?
Well it is not something you can learn in a single post. Takes a bit of know how but you can make an excellent CO2 controller for under $100 if ya know how.

this is ver 4.1 I am working on the bench right now.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This one works good

this is the second one first was defective. This one is the reason I roll my own now just too unreliable for me.

L

Littleman

Holy science shit batman!
Gahhhd damyum yeah I did about hours worth a research, I feel like I need to learn code or how to write it. I wish I had the time for that but yeah idk is there a way I could pay someone to do all that and I just buy the finished product.
I read about the arduino nicla sense me and that sound a lime it would be perfect if I knew how to do it

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Gahhhd damyum yeah I did about hours worth a research, I feel like I need to learn code or how to write it. I wish I had the time for that but yeah idk is there a way I could pay someone to do all that and I just buy the finished product.
I read about the arduino nicla sense me and that sound a lime it would be perfect if I knew how to do it
I would say that if you don’t already play with arduino by the time you get everything you need and get it all prototyped out it would be cheaper to just buy a commercially available controller.

let me give this some thought and get back to you. I might be stepping on some toes here on the forum selling a competitive product to a site sponsor. It might be better to just show the process step by step for anyone that wants to build one.

steamroller

steamroller

let me give this some thought and get back to you. I might be stepping on some toes here on the forum selling a competitive product to a site sponsor. It might be better to just show the process step by step for anyone that wants to build one.

On the fish sites there were a couple of guys that make arduino ,rasberry pi timers/controllers and even custom CO2 rigs that kicked ass.
They rarely sold them for reasons you mentioned [ and time] but they did list complete parts list with suppliers and step by step threads .

Mugwort

Mugwort

I use an inkbird CO2 controller when I am using CO2 . The Icc-500t .
Shameless plug for one of the sites sponsors !
And welcome !
…resulted in me looking up. I’m tired of being a human CO2 controller. I have a monitor but not a controller.

Top Bottom