Using G.O. for a Compost Solution

• Thread starter MImedMJpatient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MImedMJpatient

Is General Organics meant for a microbe-based grow or is it just an OMRI version of General Hydro? I just got some and my plants are taking a nosedive as far as health and I can't help but think I should just go back to guano and humates and carbs, with a little fish.

Could I make a compost tea out of the G.O. line? Is it meant for that and if not, can I do it anyway?

C

CT Guy

Get a good quality compost if you want to make tea. If the GO line is suffering in microbes (which most commerical soils are), then you're best bet would be to go to a homemade mix with high quality compost or if that's not an option then to get some good earthworm castings or compost from a source that's been biologically tested and use that. Making tea from shitty soil gives you shitty tea, and compost has exponentially higher populations of microbes.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
The Ancient Forest mixed with Floralicious Plus and bubbled does work well! I used a bunch of free Ancient Forest samples last year on the outy and can't complain, especially since the price was right! But there are most likely way better teas out there, depending on how much work you wanna put into it or how much you wanna pay...

M

maria

Is General Organics meant for a microbe-based grow or is it just an OMRI version of General Hydro? I just got some and my plants are taking a nosedive as far as health and I can't help but think I should just go back to guano and humates and carbs, with a little fish.

Could I make a compost tea out of the G.O. line? Is it meant for that and if not, can I do it anyway?

you can use the GO line in teas but you will need some sort of compost (or their ancient forest) too. I found this recipe on the GH blog

(5) Gallons of good water
(3-5) cups of Ancient Forest
(1-3) oz of Floralicous Plus {OR(1-3) oz of FloraNectar OR (1-3) oz of organic Molasses OR(1-3) oz of BioWeed (Kelp)}
Good Air Pump
Brew it for 24 hours.
You can mix and match those food sources, if you do, always be conservative with dilutions (less is more!). If you add fertilizers like GO BioThrive and or GO BioBud to the AACT, use LESS than the suggested recommended dosage.

you can also email them to get more info. it takes them a few days but they will reply.

Get a good quality compost if you want to make tea. If the GO line is suffering in microbes (which most commerical soils are), then you're best bet would be to go to a homemade mix with high quality compost or if that's not an option then to get some good earthworm castings or compost from a source that's been biologically tested and use that. Making tea from shitty soil gives you shitty tea, and compost has exponentially higher populations of microbes.

The GO line, or General Organics, is a brand of organic liquid nutrients. They're not a shitty soil. They do have their Ancient Forest soil amendment which is a compost but thats it, no soils.

symbiote420

symbiote420

The Ancient Forest mixed with Floralicious Plus and bubbled does work well! I used a bunch of free Ancient Forest samples last year on the outy and can't complain, especially since the price was right! But there are most likely way better teas out there, depending on how much work you wanna put into it or how much you wanna pay...

Yea that Ancient Forest on point! I stopped using it last year, had root aphids so I stopped using any mediums I was buying, discovered they were coming out of Ocean Forest & Happy Frog, but I used it in teas first with castings, dry Maxicrop seaweed, molasses, & RAW sugar the results were amazing!!!, that's why I added to my soils. I just grab a bag Sunday about to start making those teas again. I've tried a lot of commercial products over the last two years some good, some bad but they don't come close to teas imho.

symbiote420

symbiote420

The GO line, or General Organics, is a brand of organic liquid nutrients. They're not a shitty soil. They do have their Ancient Forest soil amendment which is a compost but thats it, no soils.

They do make a soil it's called Just Right Xtra Potting Mix it's been around awhile now, but I don't hear of too many people using it though.

C

CT Guy

you can use the GO line in teas but you will need some sort of compost (or their ancient forest) too. I found this recipe on the GH blog

(5) Gallons of good water
(3-5) cups of Ancient Forest
(1-3) oz of Floralicous Plus {OR(1-3) oz of FloraNectar OR (1-3) oz of organic Molasses OR(1-3) oz of BioWeed (Kelp)}
Good Air Pump
Brew it for 24 hours.
You can mix and match those food sources, if you do, always be conservative with dilutions (less is more!). If you add fertilizers like GO BioThrive and or GO BioBud to the AACT, use LESS than the suggested recommended dosage.

you can also email them to get more info. it takes them a few days but they will reply.

Have you seen any microscope testing or biological testing to support this recipe? What size pump should you use with this recipe to sustain dissolved oxygen levels above 6mg/l?

Have you seen any testing on the Ancient Forest? How long has it been sitting on a shelf in a warehouse or out in a parking lot in the hot sun? Are they in breathable bags?

My comment about shitty soil was in reference to the fact that there are little to no biologically active soils or composts commercially available. The Ancient Forest aka Alaska Humus is okay but highly bacterial (and peat based regardless of what people claim).

In regards to what the OP asked, I would not consider this a "good microbe based grow" or sources for tea ingredients when making AACT.

I'm sure the GH line is just fine for a feeding regimen (though you could source the exact same ingredients much less expensively and do the same grow for pennies on the dollar).

M

maria

They do make a soil it's called Just Right Xtra Potting Mix it's been around awhile now, but I don't hear of too many people using it though.

That's not a GH product. They use a bunch of GH products in the bag and the manufacturers recommend GH nutrients, but those bags are not being manufactured and sold by GH.

symbiote420

symbiote420

That's not a GH product. They use a bunch of GH products in the bag and the manufacturers recommend GH nutrients, but those bags are not being manufactured and sold by GH.

I think Nickel City Wholesale distributes it but GH does have it's name on the package!

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

yes GO is for microbe based grows. that is why everything has molasses in it. i did a run on it and loved it. it won't work effectively without a full range of bacteria. the key to it are the proteins in the bio bud and the biomarine. your plants can do crazy shit with this stuff but microbes have to process it all first.

and yes it is perfect shit for aact. seaweed, fish hydrolosate, brewers yeast, molasses, alfalfa meal, soy protein, humic acids . . .

making tea is one of the simplest processes there is. if the foam dies off the first day and a different foam forms the second day, you clearly have biological acitivity. when the foam disappears again, toss it. overthinking it kills the appeal of organics. let the microbes figure it all out.

T

TLOgrow

I have a friend that uses General organics, I think Roots Organics is a whole lot better, use thier full line but add general organics cal mag at 5ml to 10 ml, in all water you use, and you'll get great results. I'm fairly new at growing, and I get good results next to those who have been growing much longer. I do plan on trying Subcool's Supersoil and the Rev's True Living Organics Mix 2.0 ( I read a lot of his articles and apply much of what he teaches to my grow). :bong-hits:

Top Bottom