using H&G aqua flakes do i need a cal mag too?

• Thread starter slausongardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slausongardens

slausongardens

alright, im running H&G aqua flakes a and b for the base nutes and i got the roots excel, a seaweed extract, super thrive, and drip clean.

im growing an og kush and on my last grow with og kush i used botanicare kool bloom etc and it was a nutrient whore, especially cal mag, i used a lot of it and my friends that didnt have experience with og kush didnt understand why i used so much cal mag but the plants loved it.

so my question is, does the aqua flakes already have cal mag in it, if so do they have enough? should i still buy a bottle of cal mag and use it like i did before?

i was thinking of getting it and trying it without and then adding it and seeing if it does anything but i thought it would be worth it to ask, maybe save me some money on a bottle if i dont need it.

and does anyone reccomend anything else? especially for veg cuz im just starting today. im growing alien og, sour alien and gdp.

thank you. ill post more about my grow soon, i have a 12,000 watt setup its gonna be big.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

first of all read the side of the bottle

do you use RO?(if the side of the bottle says "use with RO" then ignor this)

whats ur medium?coco almost has to have extra

a bottle of botanicare cal mag is like $50, and will last at least a full run under 4x1000w. ur prob going to need three bottles and you can almost buy another light with that
hope this flip flopping answer helped

deacon1503

deacon1503

If your using RO water at all then yes, you'll need cal/mag.

slausongardens

slausongardens

yeah using ro. thank you appreciate it, im gonna add it and go from there.

the other strains might not need it as much as the og. ill find out.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

first of all read the side of the bottle

While this is usually the best advice, Ca numbers for H&G cannot be found. I have called every rep, etc possible. IF you find the numbers someplace, please post them.

That being said cheeser is right, your going to need cal-mag with the H&G... here is the actual available nutrient profile for it:

H&G
(3-12-6) (NH4) 0.7% (NO3) 2.3% Mg0.5% Ca2% Fe0.1% S0.09% Mn0.05% @10ml/Gal

N 140

P 50

K 250

Mg 20

Ca UNKNOWN
S

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus (2-0-0) Mg1.2% Ca3.2% Fe.1% 1.0208 g/mL @10mL/Gal

N 54
P0
K0
Mg 32
Ca 86
Fe 2.7
Derived from: Calcium Nitrate, Magnesium Nitrate, Iron EDTA.

(If you don't know how to work with the profiles, they are in easy to use 10ml/gal ratios. So, move the decimal, IE 53 ppm is 5.3 ppm and you can build your profile from 1 ml up.)

slausongardens

slausongardens

thank you very much for that post, i figured it would be on the bottle and then it wasnt. well i got some cal mag and also got hydrozhyme and humic acid. gonna see how it all works out for me.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

While this is usually the best advice, Ca numbers for H&G cannot be found. I have called every rep, etc possible. IF you find the numbers someplace, please post them.
hmm intresting, never noticed that, and im running 3 of their products

their coco's say to use with tap, so assumed that it lacks some ca and mg
aqua flackes say use with r/o so assumed increased amounts of ca and mg

i know its kinda off topic but, dutchmaster gold all day

slausongardens

slausongardens

i was actually initially interested in the dutch master gold but went with the h&g at the last minute.

im running hydro with the big rockwool cubes

Latest posts

Top Bottom