Using known PAR values given in manual’s PPFD footprint table to calculate safe canopy distance when adding second identical light

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

The title says it all. Any led light geeks out there? I’ve posted similar thread before recently. I’d really appreciate some definitive mathematical advice. Are photon density values additive with overlapping fields of light? I have a light meter app called Photone. I’d appreciate any input regarding the accuracy of this app from people who have maybe used it and rechecked it with a quality meter or has read something, or has a friend of a friend who knows a...

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Why not use the app to check for yourself? Take a measurement on the edge where the coverage footprint will over lap with 1 light then add the second fixture and take another reading and compare results?

Mugwort

Mugwort

Why not use the app to check for yourself? Take a measurement on the edge where the coverage footprint will over lap with 1 light then add the second fixture and take another reading and compare results?
I don’t trust the accuracy of this Photone app but are you saying to take readings with just one light on and then measure same spot with both? That would at least tell me the percentage increase as long as this app is consistent. That’s a good idea Impulse!

Top Bottom