Using Molasses

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JJP53

I have been reading about using molasses to fatten and harden flowers. One thing that the articles had in common was they were organic. My question is can you still use molasses when using Advanced Nutrients?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I did & it worked great it's juss super sticky & a Lil messy.. But it worked juss fine..

W

wirenut

i use molasses and it works great but i bought a cheap pan and hot plate add some water and the molasses heat it up to deslove it and then mix it in

S

sk2004

When do u use molasses? Beginning, end or all the way through and what concentration? Does anyone use or heard of using pinapple juice with molasses? Sorry to ask so many questions.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yet another thread on using molasses...? Where's motherlode to lock it up?

Your questions are answered elsewhere, ad infinitum.

R

Resin

molases is sugars right? im thinking alot of additives have this, but more cant hurt! just watch the ppms.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Yet another thread on using molasses...?

I know most people feel this has already been debunked, but I seriously get a 50-75% total weight increase when I use it. Really the only downside is trying to get it off your fingers after dipping the buds.

squiggly

squiggly

Only the uninformed believe it has been debunked.

Scientists the world over agree that sugars can be uptaken by the roots. In terms of effect on growth--good research is yet to be done. However, it stands to reason it's likely beneficial as the plant expends almost all of its energy on making sugars for the great portion of its lifepsan.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I know most people feel this has already been debunked, but I seriously get a 50-75% total weight increase when I use it. Really the only downside is trying to get it off your fingers after dipping the buds.

After dipping the buds? What the hell? U dip ur buds In molasses? That don't sound rite 2 me or am I missing sumthin hereī‚

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Yet another thread on using molasses...? Where's motherlode to lock it up?

Your questions are answered elsewhere, ad infinitum.

its a wonder they can read the thread they started :winking0067:

UUh what the fuck did he just say :confused0059:

After dipping the buds? What the hell? U dip ur buds In molasses? That don't sound rite 2 me or am I missing sumthin hereī‚

LMFAO :rofl:rofl:rofl

MOLASSES STICKY
Hydroponic
  • Molasses contains the disaccharide sucrose. This sugar does NOT substitute as a flowering enhancer in hydroponic gardening. Other substitute "sugar boosters" for hydroponics contain deoxyribose, lyxose, ribose, xylulose, and xylose. These simple and complex carbohydrates are the main components of cellular reproduction, and deliver an immediately usable form of energy to the plant, which would normally rely on a soil-type organic medium for beneficial microbial activity.[8][9]
peace farmers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought El Cerebro was making funny-funny when he talked about that weight gain, then the sticky fingers bit made me guffawr.

I meant what I said previously, we really do have a lot of very good molasses threads.

P

paulycali

Funny shit! If he really dips his buds in molasses that would be classic :)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Yes, it would be. Some say agave and fancy sugars with sciencey names are better, but my grandma always used molasses so I'm 'sticking' with it. Gotta admit my friend had some nice results with sucanat, and it's definitely less messy to work with - kinda leaves more of a crystally sprinkled finish with better bag appeal, while the molasses is more gooey/resiney and tends to drip/puddle a bit more. Just depends on what flavors you and your patients like, eh? I can't believe people buy all those other nutestore flower-enhancers when these taste way better imho.

S

shibbyshawn

think of your plant as a bodybuilder. think of molasses as a steak and some sort of carb product from a nute company as a protein shake. both will work, but the carb products are more readily available.

I prefer molasses, its way cheaper(40 bucks for 5 gallons) and I feel it imparts a nice taste, but that could be in my imagination

D

Diggler

think of your plant as a bodybuilder. think of molasses as a steak and some sort of carb product from a nute company as a protein shake. both will work, but the carb products are more readily available.

I prefer molasses, its way cheaper(40 bucks for 5 gallons) and I feel it imparts a nice taste, but that could be in my imagination

Where are you getting it by the pail?

S

shibbyshawn

there is a local company up here that sells bulk honey and brown sugar and the like....I can get it by the 300 gallon super tote if I wanted......just google it brosephine.

420alldaze

420alldaze

i wish i could fimd mollassses in a bigger bottle by me. might have to order some after all. 42o

Latest posts

Top Bottom