Using Molasses

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UKgrow

UKgrow

When do u use molasses? Beginning, end or all the way through and what concentration? Does anyone use or heard of using pinapple juice with molasses? Sorry to ask so many questions.
I've used mollasses (UK Black Treacle) on several crops, using on some plants and not on others to see what if any difference its makes. Based on advice I mix 5-10ml (a teaspoon full) per 2 pints of water. I pour in hot water first to dissolve the mollasses then top up with cold. I use it only on the 3rd week before harvest for a week, then again on the last week, ie:flush with water with mollasses. I've found it definitely sweetens the smoke but increase weightwise, the jury is still out.
I've also tried the additions of strawberry juice and honey and other stuff but found it makes no diff to taste or anything else.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Yup, that's me, the idiot who won't spend my money on a jug of watered down 0.5% magnesium when I can get it for pennies at the grocery store with some extra sulfur thrown in fer free. Oh, and if i read correctly, wasn't this supposed to be another worn-out molasses thread? (quite a collection of them here if you use the searchbar) So wrong topic buddy, now piss off with your silly budcandy before I ring up the thread police.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
El, didn't you say you have a problem with molasses leaving a thick, sticky coating on the buds? Yes, indeed, quite a worn out collection, I myself have written ad nauseum on the subject.

Oh yes, my suggestion is to switch to malted barley extract. Much thicker, should create that nice, hard candy coating I think you're after.

:)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Oh, got the mermaids stepping in to watch my back! See the thing about barleymalt is several of my posse gotta be gluten-free. Seamaiden do you just let your nugs cool on a baking sheet, or use the candy-apple/thai-stick method? I find if you thread the buds on carefully you don't even have to mess with string.

Btw, kinda off-subject but are you guys familiar with the Timothy Leary Biscuit? It's a ritz cracker snack microwaved for a few seconds with cheddar cheese over a sticky bud (key part of his daily med routine before he died of cancer (or cryofrozen), he was publishing his end-of-life experience all on a website, maybe still there?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, I dip mine in Panko bread crumbs and fry to a golden crispy delicious doneness. Or! You can roll them in that decorative sugar, REALLY gets the frosty look going. If you use colored sugar then you can call it whatever you want, like, say... Pink Crystal Champagne Ice, something pretty to get laid.

I hear you on the gluten-free thing, we have to be careful with my granddaughter. Made baking a batch of French bread a little more difficult, as she likes to snack on the dough as much as I do.

Top Bottom