Using Ogbiowar With Beneficial Insects?

• Thread starter Coir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coir

Coir

Does anyone know if the OGBiowar products are safe for beneficial insects such as Hypoaspis and amblyseius cucumeris? I have always used hypoaspis in my coir slabs to control any soil dwelling insects(fungus gnats, thrip larva, etc) as well as cucumeris on the leaves for thrips. These both provide great control but I am also interested in getting all the beneficial bacteria into the slabs as well.

Thank you

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I have used OGBiowar products(I have other bennie products as general go to) and I have hypoaspis mites. In fact, I don't know how I would ever be able to kill those good mites if I 'needed' to. They seem pretty indestructable. I use neem products on a pretty regular basis as well...

PB

Coir

Coir

does not harm beneficial insects whatsoever.
Excellent because I ordered some of each! This will also be going on to 1000 greenhouse tomato plants that are being planted onto coir slabs next month. It will be interesting to see if it has any effect on production in there.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Speaking of neem oil, does using neem kill bennies? Ive read that it can reduce microbial populations when used as a drench - I'm not sure how viable this info is, I'm pretty sure I read it on urbangardenmagazime.com awhile back. If this is truly the case, would neem oil foliar applications do the same?

I have never been sure of this but started using neem cake/meal in my medium instead of concentrated oils drenches (which I haven't needed to do since using aact weekly). I also use neem oil foliar 1x/2 weeks and use my og bio war (which is in my tea) 1x/week

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Speaking of neem oil, does using neem kill bennies? Ive read that it can reduce microbial populations when used as a drench - I'm not sure how viable this info is, I'm pretty sure I read it on urbangardenmagazime.com awhile back. If this is truly the case, would neem oil foliar applications do the same?

I have never been sure of this but started using neem cake/meal in my medium instead of concentrated oils drenches (which I haven't needed to do since using aact weekly). I also use neem oil foliar 1x/2 weeks and use my og bio war (which is in my tea) 1x/week

Yes. Neem is not good for bennies as it will slow down the growth of fungi. Wait a week between separate applications of the 2.

Top Bottom