Using olive oil to make edibles

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I had alot of trim from my last grow and some from my current grow. I wrapped it in cheese cloth, boiled water, added 4 cups of olive oil.. Mixed.. Added weed(tea)bag and boiled for 10 min while stirring. Took the bag out, squeezed it to get all excess water/oil out... Then threw it away. The oil and water are still on the stove separating. Was prolly just going to start scooping the oil back out of the top. I lost quite a bit due to it sticking on bag, but I planned on loosing some. I only need 2/3rs cup for the brownies and I'm hoping I'll have at least 3 cups. Idk how much trim I used, but im sure it was plenty.

I'll let ya know when I cook them. Gonna let the oil sit for a bit longer. Hopefully these will be fire lol.. Trying to overdose here lol..

Using olive oil to make edibles
Using olive oil to make edibles 2
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This was around 6oz of trim and it did make 4oz of oil, but I lost 1/2 cup due to the process waste. I was in a hurry, and didnt want to keep spooning the surface to get the oil out. . it was quite dumb. Overall the oil didnt take the green color, but it still smells like weed, but doesnt really have a taste.

The brownies smell a little like weed, and taste a little like weed, but just a hint. Its nothing like that nasty green butter I made last time. . never again. All I tasted was weed. Anyways this is very bland, like a backdrop flavor. Of course im about to eat too many, so ill let ya know how potent they are.

Last time I tried edibles it took 300mg to get me to feel it. Dunno how much these are each but i know there was lots of frosting on that trim. Hopefully they get me feelin good all day tomorrow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This was around 6oz of trim and it did make 4oz of oil, but I lost 1/2 cup due to the process waste. I was in a hurry, and didnt want to keep spooning the surface to get the oil out. . it was quite dumb. Overall the oil didnt take the green color, but it still smells like weed, but doesnt really have a taste.

The brownies smell a little like weed, and taste a little like weed, but just a hint. Its nothing like that nasty green butter I made last time. . never again. All I tasted was weed. Anyways this is very bland, like a backdrop flavor. Of course im about to eat too many, so ill let ya know how potent they are.

Last time I tried edibles it took 300mg to get me to feel it. Dunno how much these are each but i know there was lots of frosting on that trim. Hopefully they get me feelin good all day tomorrow.
I like coconut oil.... and nooooo water. Chlorophyll is more soluble in water. Found that makes a huge difference using oil only also.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I like coconut oil.... and nooooo water. Chlorophyll is more soluble in water. Found that makes a huge difference using oil only also.
Yea these weren't that strong either. I'll only be able to tell in the am when I wake up. When I get a good dose I wake up stoned lol.. Doubt that will happen off these.

Next time I do it I'll use all coconut oil and grinded up buds. I was just hoping this would have worked a little better honestly. I'll have about 4x the trim in a month or so. Was worth a try..... Who knows perhaps I've just smoked to much today too. Usually when I smoke all day I don't notice edibles. Imma smash on them tomorrow morning lol..

3 pans of brownies out of 6oz of trim.. Wish I could just push all that trim to like one pan of brownies. Have thst shit where ya need to nibble lol.. Ive always liked overkill... Anyways.. Off to bed.. More updates on it tomorrow.

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

Did you decarb and add sunflower or soy lecithin? I prefer butter and coconut oil for making cookies and brownies. Infused olive oil is great for making standard food dishes medicated. Also if you were to process your trim into some form of hash you can infuse it all into one batch of whatever.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Did you decarb and add sunflower or soy lecithin? I prefer butter and coconut oil for making cookies and brownies. Infused olive oil is great for making standard food dishes medicated. Also if you were to process your trim into some form of hash you can infuse it all into one batch of whatever.
No I didn't I don't think. I mean once the brownies were cooked doesn't that count? I prolly messed up. They are OK and taste OK. Nothing that I didn't expect. I been pretty tired all day but I didn't wake up baked like when I go to Colorado and od on their cheap shit. I ate 1/4 pan last night and 1/4 today and it's ok. Took away my urge to smoke. But yea.. I made 3 cups and the pan only took 2/3rds cup... Which is above average I think. I'm not disappointed, just not blown away ya know.

I would have done it different but was just experimenting.

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

No I didn't I don't think. I mean once the brownies were cooked doesn't that count? I prolly messed up. They are OK and taste OK. Nothing that I didn't expect. I been pretty tired all day but I didn't wake up baked like when I go to Colorado and od on their cheap shit. I ate 1/4 pan last night and 1/4 today and it's ok. Took away my urge to smoke. But yea.. I made 3 cups and the pan only took 2/3rds cup... Which is above average I think. I'm not disappointed, just not blown away ya know.

I would have done it different but was just experimenting.
You'll want to decarb anything but reclaim, distillate, or RSO (any thing similar) there will be a huge difference. You can use aluminum trays or a Pyrex dish for your material, just cover them well with foil. Stick them in the oven during preheat, I set for 240 and let it go for 1hr once it reaches temp and let it cool in the oven. It will be a more brown color like vaped weed then your good to get infusing. The lecithin will just help with potency and help it kick in quicker definitely worth the money as it lasts a long time.

pilto

pilto

break up your trim, bake it in the oven for 40 minutes at 250F. Then combine with whichever oil you are using and keep it under 200F for a couple hours. Strain out your green and your are all set.

TSD

TSD

I think you probably just didn't cook it for long enough. You want to do a very slow simmer, like barely bubbling occasionally, for several hours... when I did the stove and water method for my butter, I let it cook for like 8 hours. Now I have a magic butter machine that takes the guess work out. Definitely decarb first to activate the thc, and add lecithin to bind it to the oil... all those things effect potency.

D

Drock

Bake in oven 225 15 min remove let cool,spray with good moonshine,hi proof whatever you like,dont frown the weed put back in 15 225 let it cool,put into butter,slo cooker ,med heat anout 8 hrs or so .party on.MAKE SURE WEED IS COOL BEFORE SPRAYING,LIKE VERY COOL BEFORE SPRAYING.

Top Bottom