Using Perfect PH from Advanced Nutrients. My ph is 7.7

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

Mixed everything per the instructions, and my ph is at 7.7. I adjusted my ph down to around 6.2 last night, and when I checked a few minutes ago, it's back to 7.7 again. I'm getting allot of yellowing on one of my girls. Any advice?

Last edited:
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Mixed everything per the instructions, and my ph is at 7.7. I adjusted my ph down to around 6.2 last night, and when I checked a few minutes ago, it's back to 7.7 again. I'm getting allot of yellowing on one of my girls. Any advice?
[/Q

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No advice but I wanted to tell you that I've heard this more than one time over the years but at least you found out what it was, a lot of people just mix it and never check it and can't figure out what the hell is wrong with their plants, good luck

chuey316

chuey316

I read somewhere that it can do this at lower ppm's. I upped it a bit this morning. Won't be able to check on them till I get off of work tonight.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

What medium are you growing in? It sounds like too much buffering or possibly lime that is raising your ph. Are you using calmag or anything else?
normally your right jim,also lack of drainage will build salt up causing the ph to swing also,but lack of info leads to wrong advice at times,i just asume he growing in soil

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Water is 7.8 and 270 ppm out the tap. After sitting, the ppm's settle at 207. Water temp is 72f, and cab temp is 77-80f depending on ambient temps.
Ppm is a little bit high out of the tap you may want to consider mixing 50/50 with RO or just using RO. If I remember right I believe ph perfect was designed to be used with pure RO water.

With 200ppm in your tap water I would say it's likely you have a moderate bicarbonate level that it's likely fighting with. I can't say for sure without seeing your local water report. This probably would not be much of an issue with other nutrients but I do believe ph perfect is designed to be used with RO water. If you don't have access to RO or can't afford a unit or simply don't want to then you may want to look into a different nutrient line.

Last edited:
chuey316

chuey316

Transplanted 2 days ago. Yesterday I found the water halfway up the pots. Adjusted the drain, and now it's below the pots, and the roots are hanging into the soulution.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i have never got the ph correct nute line,doesnt seem possible to me,just saying provider sales the stuff like a magic bullet and there test are done in a controlled area and gadgets,if you dont have or cant afford the same stuff and grow the same way,how can they stand behind it? anyway like aqua said to high, hell soil would have issues with that ph too trying to buffer it,got one more question for you cheuy are you adding silica ?if you are ,are you adding it first and letting it stabilize? that bring on ph issue too,mix it first then wait a hour,check ph then add your ppm to get what you feed,the silica will cause for less feed,then ph water to were you need it and use the ph down

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah keep the water 1" below the net pot so that the bubbles from your airstones are breaking the surface and just splashing the net pot. Once the roots hit the water you can lower it to say 2". It's not uncommon for them to droop for a few days after transplant

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Only thing other than nutes is hydroguard. I think I'll pump out the whole system and refill with RO tonight.
do it half and half,that would save you money,im not sure about hydroguard ive heard of it but dont know contents,silica will raise your ph ,so safe side id do as aqua said half and half,worth a try anyway,5 gal of ro water here is 1.75 and from what im told thats cheap from rest of the country,i disagree with that when i already pay for tap water hahahah,i moved to this new place 3 yrs ago and have a well with extremly hard water,the aquifer is all limestone base from source to house,have the damnest time buffering it with my soil but some how do,mine is at 400 ppm out the tap and 7.2 ph,hard shit,anyway if half and half wont work try lower ph number to adjust

Top Bottom