Using pond to cool grow room

• Thread starter blackcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blackcat

hi,

I have 3x 3 fan swamp chillers to cool 20kw of lighting. Currently setup drain to waste using tap water but in summer temperature goes up and water temp also rises which reduces cooling capacity.

I was thinking of digging a pond in my yard as a reservoir instead. Save water and possibly stay cooler? Not sure. Any tips from any experienced users?

as a side note: What about the idea of hooking up a large chiller unit (like the ones used in closed loop water circuits) to chill the pond? Is that a crazy idea? sounds totally inefficient but i thought i'd ask.

other option is to go with closed loop chiller system with say 5 HP chiller. but pricy

M

mrdizzle

I had a thread asking about a 1,000,000 gal pond and everyone pretty much agreed no, a running river or a lake could

Cort

Cort

Might be that a pond will be just about the average day/night temp outside where a lake is much deeper so it remains cooler.

Average day/night temps might not be low enough to make the heat exchange effective. Let alone the more heat you dump into the pond the warmer it gets making it even less effective.

Just a guess though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom