Using pond water and dont know who else to ask

• Thread starter 1stonedman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1stonedman

1stonedman

So I got a pond it's about a half acre pond, and i was thinking about using it as Water reservoir. I think my max consumption is about 600 gallons per day I have a way to refill the pond to refill any water that I take but I don't know if that will drastically affect the ecosystem in the pond I know that ponds are generally hundreds of thousands of gallons of water so just looking for some advice

1stonedman

1stonedman

Beyond using pond water I'm thinking I'll have 1000 gallon + reservoir and will do compost tea with the res, that waters 200 plants that are planted in tilled beds and will use worm castings and locally sourced rabbit poo for fertilizers along with the fertalizer from the fish poo..

Pics are of my "new" farm.

20200802 152833
20200802 152842
20200802 152853
20200802 162234
BadBud3

BadBud3

I really like your new place. I would think you would be fine taking 600 gallons a day out of a 1/2 acre pond, as long as you replenish the water. Ecosystems can be fragile so I would just keep an eye on the flora, faunta, and sub systems.

1stonedman

1stonedman

Thanks Bud appreciate the advice.

Edit: we sign on the new casa this week, I've got tractors, mowers, a utility cabin, city water/new septic and working gas systems.. I'm really gonna make a go of it, applying for my comercial license the week after signing for the house.

Already have the land secured. We have a creek on the east end of property, anyone know a way to utilize?

Last edited:
1stonedman

1stonedman

Havent entirely worked out where I will dry it.. product will be going to legal mmj market, that requires testing..

I have a giant metal carport I could hang it in and get tarps and fans.. I also have a shipping container.. could maybe get a hvac unit for it and insulate it..

1stonedman

1stonedman

I think we will do an auto flower group to harvest first so I can invest more money into the infrastructure of the farm

The auto flower group will just be dried cured in the 2 spare bedrooms and I'll take that money and get a steel building or trailer for processing big harvest

Latest posts

Top Bottom