using sensi grow a but wondering wat for flowering?

• Thread starter the man with no
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

the man with no

hi dudes / girls

got a query -

Im using advance neutriants a+b for veg but im curious if anyone recommends anything else for the flowering phase , should i stick with say the part bloom to marry the veg part of the growth or does anyone recommend another for the blooming cycle - i do intend to buy big bud since all i see is very positive opinions. - soil grow btw.

Im using nitrozyme for alittle help with veg - and tarantula for healthy roots - as some have suggested for the odd extra grams in weight the initial overload of investment isn't really worth it... so i feel i got it about right - on a budget that is...

Any opinions would be greatly received - im all one for advice especially from experts.

thanks for your input guys/girls

B

bdawgburner

I would suggest Great white from plant success instead of tarantula. Its the same as using tarantula plus scorpion juice. I think it has more strains of beneficials too. As for the bloom, I just picked up sensi bloom a+b myself. The guy at the store said he prefers it over any other nutes for hydro. Outdoors though, I would suggest heavy harvest from AN. It was amazing when I used it outside.

T

the man with no

thankyou sir for your response.

Ive done a quick looksy about for this fert your on about - its kinda pricy - £35 quid for 10 kg`s?

As for the bloom - i dont think it matters if its hydro or soil... im mixing the nuets in plenty of water and water them daily so good chance the nuets are getting to the plant , well lets put it this way - they look very good only a month into the veg cycle - they where rather late to say the least, got them as very poor plants no more than say 6 inches tall.. now there perhaps 4 feet tall , yes i topped them (cheese strain btw) and im having to prune them constantly so not too much leaf but plenty of shoots - ie where the buds will form...

Im not feeding too harshly , it kinda changes from heavy one week to middle hard the next... and foliar spray with nytrozyme every other day or so.... I cant recommend enuff the foliar spraying - it really does work on plants in veg mode. But im not referring to what to use, im just saying foliar spraying works regardless what you use...

I use to use miracle grow for veg - yes i know, laugh at me ,mock me - but that stuff works! but if you want wirey buds.. use that in bloom phase too - this is where i made a big mistake.... lost so much due to my unknowing ness - im still in two minds to use the other half of the two part bloom for blooming and big bud and later hammerhead.... not sure what to expect from this setup... any ideas?
:rasta2:

B

bdawgburner

If you are having good results with AN 2 part veg, I would use their 2-part bloom as well. For soil I would water with nutrients every other time you water. So the first time you water use your nutrient solution you plan to use, then the next time you need to water use just plain ph'd water. That way you dont get nute toxicity. Less is sometimes more.

T

the man with no

yes i go with that , less is better but frequent - good point
Now all i need to know is - the part two of the an course for bloom but do i use bigbud on its own with part two or do i also use with part two bigbud and hammerhead together? this way i get high p k thru out the bloom cycle. your thoughts?

B

bdawgburner

Check out advanced nutrients website they have a nute calculator. Pick the high-yield formula from the pulldown menu NOT THE SENSI 2 PART. You can choose whatever form of measurement you want and the reservoir size you will be mixing in. Use the light feeding schedule. It should keep your ppm low enough that you could use the hammerhead with it as well. Try the bud candy if you have the extra cash. Its sweet leaf and carboload in one. I'll never not use sweet leaf. I'm using the sensi 2 part bloom with big bud and bud candy this time.

J

joe.5

I'm not an expert!

I use the AN range, not because it's fantastic but because it took me lots of grows to get used to prepping the right ratios of nutes and amendments on my shelf. My current grow has been fed with AN from the start. Sensi bloom a+b, big bud and overdrive is quite adequate, though for a more organic taste its a good idea to use something like mother earth tea bloom alongside sensi bloom near the end.. flavour and aroma are more enhanced with organics near the end imo, while the synthetics are good for accelerated growth in earlier stages..

I'm applying sensizym this time round, but previously used Voodoo Juice and had great results with root balls to die for (canna coco grower)..

Unfortunately my only other comparison nute is the vita link 2 part range which was in my early days of farming and I was terrible and didn't know then what I know now about deficiency, npk and ph..

In Veg: AN - mother earth grow, sensi grow 2 part, barricade, House & Garden root excelerator, formulex (various ratios at different times in veg)

In Bloom: AN - mother earth bloom, sensi bloom 2 part, barricade, sensizym, carboload, Humic 2, Fulvic 1, B52, Big Bud, Overdrive (various ratios at different times in bloom, never everything at the same time)

T

the man with no

erm... not sure about hammerhead... may go your way mind with bud candy and big bud and sensi bloom... i assume your use overdrive for the last two weeks? ive just spent some time today training my cheese... trying to get the growth along the stem to go upright ie like little candles sitting along the branch as opposed to hugging the stem - if you know what i mean? i got two more months of veg until the 25th of september - here then itll be 12/12 then ill goto the hi yield kit

J

joe.5

Yes. I do use overdrive for the final 2 weeks of bloom before using final phase and flushing for a further 2 weeks. My current grow is also cheese and I have LST'd them for the first time and hope to LST a lot more in future.. I haven't got my camera, I should have, hopefully later this week I will add some pix in another thread..

A friend of mine grew some Ice and used the Sensi Pro box of nutes and had a very bumper harvest.. shame my local store thinks that its not cost effective..

T

the man with no

im tempted to post some pics - ie the when i got the ladys in a sorry state and how they look now, but i do like to trim them atleast once a week - whenever i top them, even if its a stalk i dry it, and smoke it - let me tell you, i had some of this dried stuff yesterday - i was buzzing for about 5 hours so a n certainly seem to bring it out of the plants. Just hoping this big bud is all they claim it to be.

I have had some very noticable progress with nitrozyme as a foliar spray once every 3 days or so.. or if i feel sensi veg isnt doing much i pour 5 mls of this around the root inbetween the a n system - must tell you its pritty good stuff - the nytrozyme.

T

the man with no

ok..... here are some pics - tell me what you think?

the last 3 pics where taken today - exactly one month after i recieved them -

1. pots - i think 12 ltr
2. soil - leaf mould 60% manure compost 40%
3. neuts - sensi grow veg 2 times a week moderate feeding but in two doses
- tarantula for roots once a week
- nitrozyme. foliar spray maybe 4 times a week.

I prune these regular this was less leaf more budding areas .

cheers.

Cheese 1 200609
Cheese 2 200609
Cheese 3 200609
Cheese 2 200709
Cheese 1 200709
Cheese 3 200709

Latest posts

Top Bottom