Using storage facility for keeping meds and donations

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

opinions, thoughts, experiences, stories???......

basically trying to figure out if this is safe/unsafe. anything I should keep in mind or be on the look out for....

I used to keep my stuff in one before and am thinking about getting another small locker but Im just feeling more paranoid this time around

OR......where do you keep your shit? lol

420Gator

420Gator

In gold bars lol!
LOL I wish!!....Im talking about a small storage locker like a few cubic feet lol I dont have enuff to fill a garage or anything. Id just like to keep what little I do have in a secure location away from me.It aint much but in the off chance Lee Baca and pals decide to come over I dont want them seeing that shit or theyll keep it

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Are you talking cash or elbows?Cash(gold works even better) you can stash in a safe deposit box or even bury in a pvc tube and use a gps to stash it in the middle of nowhere like those geo cache guys do.Elbows would require a more climate controlled approach but why even hassle that?just liquidate it asap and turn it into currency or bullion,its easier to deal with and not such a hot potato.Storage facilities are well known stash places for cartel money and drugs among other things so i wouldnt trust that,LE already knows that game.
Your right though lee baca DOES want your money,lol.

420Gator

420Gator

Are you talking cash or elbows?Cash(gold works even better) you can stash in a safe deposit box or even bury in a pvc tube and use a gps to stash it in the middle of nowhere like those geo cache guys do.Elbows would require a more climate controlled approach but why even hassle that?just liquidate it asap and turn it into currency or bullion,its easier to deal with and not such a hot potato.Storage facilities are well known stash places for cartel money and drugs among other things so i wouldnt trust that,LE already knows that game.
Your right though lee baca DOES want your money,lol.

yea I always liquidate it as fast as possible but then I have to go buy more so I always have a P or two on hand

LE is my main concern I just didnt know if they like to bring dogs thru storage places to see whos holding

thinking about maybe just buying the cheapest car I can find and parking it down the street with my shit well hidden in there. Idk just been paranoid lately and would like to keep those things elsewhere

squiggly

squiggly

Generally they will not do sweeps with dogs at these types of places unless the owner of the property requests it (and they usually do not). If you do something intelligent to prevent smell, and you're not obviously loading boxes of weed into the unit (which will likely have video surveillance)--you should be fine.

Ask yourself if a large safe might be worth it, though (like a jeweler's safe). They can be expensive, but so can monthly rental of a storage unit over time--and when you're done with that you come away with nothing.

lollipopman

lollipopman

420gator are you talking about hiding it from the law or thieves?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yeah i thought you were trying to figure out a way to store excess meds you GREW not stuff you were buying and dealing,you would need more access to that,id be paranoid about LE too,lol.

420Gator

420Gator

420gator are you talking about hiding it from the law or thieves?
both but mainly the law, thieves wouldnt think I have anything worth taking lol

Yeah i thought you were trying to figure out a way to store excess meds you GREW not stuff you were* getting donations for*,you would need more access to that,id be paranoid about LE too,lol.
there, fixed it for ya

B

Burned Haze

I always wished storage places were safe but I always feared some dumbass gets me busted by dogs since they would prolly scan whole place then.

fractal

fractal

Storage facility owners are notorious for using dogs to sniff out contraband, drugs, cash and guns in their storage units. They have all day and night to walk around waiting for the doggie to alert on a storage unit. Then they will cut the lock and steal your shit. I would never rent a storage unit for anything valuable, they are strictly for furniture and miscellaneous household stuff like toys, clothes, lamps and etc.

BasementBreeder

BasementBreeder

dude ur best bet is to put a safe somewere no1 would look.. we had in our last house we rented .. a safe that was under the floorboards underneath the fridge.. honestly.. no1 ever thought of looking.. and we got robbed once.. it was actually quite funny.. they come in lookin for buds or money.. and leave with a single Bong.. fuckin losers.. could of easily took flatscreen tv computers laptops.. tablets mp3 players.. ps3? lol nope.. just a BONg? i wonder who that was?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Storage facility owners are notorious for using dogs to sniff out contraband, drugs, cash and guns in their storage units. They have all day and night to walk around waiting for the doggie to alert on a storage unit. Then they will cut the lock and steal your shit. I would never rent a storage unit for anything valuable, they are strictly for furniture and miscellaneous household stuff like toys, clothes, lamps and etc.
And never put in valuables if you can possibly help it. Damn straight they'll cut the locks, and then they'll say another renter did it, too. Good luck getting a hold of surveillance footage to see what happened there.

420Gator

420Gator

I actually ended up putting all my shit in a duffel bag I got in basic training. first I vac seal everything then I put it in the bag. then I found an evergreen bush down the road and dug a hole under it, bury the bag in the hole then stuff some tumble weed around it. Stop by once a week to withdrawl meds and deposit cash, feel so much better not having it at home and itd be a bitch to find even with dogs as I contaminated a pretty good amount of the surrounding area with some old shake lol

fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

I guess it depends on the community you live in. I put mine in a storage facility last year with no problems. I rented a 10 x 10 and put some furniture in there too though. Better than having it at home and being afraid to leave the house.

squarepusher

squarepusher

if you do use a storage facility, use some sort of smell protection. Good containers/air fresheners to avoid human detection, I'm not sure if animal protection is completely avoidable.

bonkia

bonkia

Don't have receipts or pay with a CC either my buddy ownes one and thy come in all the time because of this.

Dizzy Farmer

Dizzy Farmer

yea I always liquidate it as fast as possible but then I have to go buy more so I always have a P or two on hand

LE is my main concern I just didnt know if they like to bring dogs thru storage places to see whos holding

thinking about maybe just buying the cheapest car I can find and parking it down the street with my shit well hidden in there. Idk just been paranoid lately and would like to keep those things elsewhere

Where I live (London) I've heard the police can send dogs around storage units checking for explosives, herbs/drugs, cash. However, the security services rarely, if ever, have dogs trained to detect all three at once. Depends on how big an operation they used as they would need a variety of dogs to check for all eventualities, which therefore could include body detecting dogs too.. Would probably only be done on a genuine tip off that there were weapons or a serious quantity or if another unit's smell was so blatant it couldn't be ignored. I never rule out someone else being a muppet though.

Resources are scarce for cops in England and we have 'nuff home grown bombers to worry about, so dogs are primarily deployed in the transport network hubs and big public events over here. Not an expert, but I'm very observant and I own a German Shepherd so I've read quite a bit about their useage/programming and take an interest in other working dogs too.

In the internet spirit of being a doubting Thomas though, I've never seen any dogs whilst I've been in any of the units I've rented over the years, but certain storage places have posters up saying so, therefore for me it's a factor to consider, but it could just be a deterrent. I've rented a few units when in between houses to store my clothes, furniture, lamps etc and prob a personal stash (an oz at most) but I wouldn't dare keep my whole harvest there, just in case. Vacuum sealing would probably make it safer, but those dogs are incredible and eventually smells seep through.. I personally hate kicking myself afterwards thinking I should have known better!!

In any event, the professional/branded storage places here in the UK require ID, address/ bank details, so it's too easy to trace back. However, if the unit is a private arrangement between two people who met on craigslist, then "John Q Smith" adress 10 Carnaby street & cash will probably do... Although too much security can attract attention, I'd still want a private unit discretely alarmed though. Kids here are little buggers these days and nothing is safe unless concreted into the wall or floor in my experience :)

I know of a couple who got a cheap van to root their cuttings and store nutes etc, but they kept their "money in the flo'... in case they kick in the do'.." love that tune.. ha ha.

but cash in a car's spare tyre well could work I guess?! Even better if you weld in a lockable or hidden compartment there. If it's parked in a free parking zone, the insurance and road tax is up to date there's no reason for cops or traffic wardens to check it. Only big risk is if it was randomly vandalised and the kids hit the jackpot, or even if they missed it or set it on fire, the police here may give it a once over, although I doubt the spare type well would be checked as not all cars keep them there. People (whether cops or civilians) generally don't pull up carpets when conducting a cursory once over. I'd not put anything in it within view of where it's parked though, I'd drive to another location to get at the stash. People observe and speculate and it only takes one to clock it and it's all gone.

Given the cost of buying a car and insuring it etc, why not just rent a safety deposit box at the bank? You can store what you want in it. Change it into the largest denomination notes to reduce size and let them worry about the security..

I'm generally not paranoid though, so the decision is all yours mate. I'm not a worrier, I'm thorough and meticulous instead. I do risk assessments, cover all the bases, use checklists and I always try to move in an unremarkable way. I've found no one questions things or people that blend in, or appear to be normal. If your farm is not in your neighbourhood, when you are there and have to interact with locals, act shy but always polite/respectful and people will leave you alone.. Don't smoke outside or in your car, pay bills/rent on time, be careful when visiting grown shops and there's never a reason to have your place raided by PoPo or even worse, machete weilding loonatics! it's served me well for 20 years of urban farming.

Sorry for being a rambling twat btw.. ha ha

slumdog80

slumdog80

Busts do happen at storage facilities but they are usually never random. Make a great effort to control smell and
don't go there more then once a month would be my only suggestions. A good hole in the ground out in the sticks
will always be a little safer in the long run though.

Top Bottom