Using straight lm301h panels with additional red ufo

• Thread starter Goblinkiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello everyone!
I noticed led boards with just the lm301b/h diodes are a lot cheaper than boards with red,far red and uv.

Curious if anyone have tried to run panels like those with red ufo's too.
F.ex.

I have straight Samsung 561c diodes and nothing else it works fine. IMO the only real benefit to adding is for plant structure if they are to compact. It will help elongate the plant. Now there is some evidence that timing FR/IR can help the plants switch between day night cycles faster and UV does aid in THC, terps and flavoniods but the UV from LED is not adequate enough for that purpose.

IMO LED are supplementing this for plant structure. Im starting to question the benefits of FR/IR more and more now. Unless used for structure control... which is a benefit but I'm starting to feel like a mountain is being made out of a mole hill for profit.

Red is also the most efficient and by adding it will increase the efficiency and thus the marketing on the efficacy of the light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Be interested to see the yield. I agree if using a blue leaning spectrum the addition will benefit. It look like he is around 4k plus with the white diodes. Like I say its kinda like PH in my mind add the right amount of PH up or down to reach your optimal. Some lights will benefit and some won't. Im running a 3k spectrum and highly doubt I would benefit, infact probably make my height issues worse. But with a 4K I think I would definitely see a benefit.

Just my opinion.

I think as we move forward we will see that its likely not going to impact overall yield to much but rather how its dispersed over the plant. Definitely we want a nice even canopy.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thanks for the informative replies folks.

Its an interesting subject to me. For the White light is full spectrum in itself.

I will continue to investigate, anyone Else wanna chime in with your experience, its very welcome.

So what you are saying you think 4000 kelvin and additional red will be a good Combo the entire plant life?

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

In other threads on this forum some People claim led boards with just the samsung diodes without uv and ir extends lifespan of the board. It seems logical to me that it runs longer when there is less Electric parts able to break.

So this is useful information, to consider uv and far red delivery from other sources than the led board. In an effort to create the optimal spectrum and product longevity..
If I repeat myself too Much then have me excused.

English is not my first language.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Be interested to see the yield. I agree if using a blue leaning spectrum the addition will benefit. It look like he is around 4k plus with the white diodes. Like I say its kinda like PH in my mind add the right amount of PH up or down to reach your optimal. Some lights will benefit and some won't. Im running a 3k spectrum and highly doubt I would benefit, infact probably make my height issues worse. But with a 4K I think I would definitely see a benefit.

Just my opinion.

I think as we move forward we will see that its likely not going to impact overall yield to much but rather how its dispersed over the plant. Definitely we want a nice even canopy.

In your case you might benefit from adding royal blue led, if you run 3000k ? It doesnt sound necessary. Just curious

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Nice. Do you keep it going 2hours every cycle? Hanging above or on side of plants? Congrats on the new light. Which one did you go for?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice. Do you keep it going 2hours every cycle? Hanging above or on side of plants? Congrats on the new light. Which one did you go for?
Hlg scorpion diablo. I haven't put the UV up yet. Only the last 2 weeks. Not 100% i will use them this grow but if I do the last 2 weeks only.

I will start em at 2' over the plants for about 2-5min per hr then slowly increase to probably around 10-15min per hr.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

That scorpion Diablo is one serious mofo light bro!! I'm jealous!

I went with a custom build using a combo of QB 4000k and QB 3000k then Samsung light strips at 2700k and the 4 light strips with the deep reds and IR.....having the strips and QB boards on separate drivers allows for tuning the spectrums with digital dimmers. Works well.....ran about 2 runs now.

Using the UV bar from California Light works, not sure how many watts your UV is but around 4 feet above the plant is what I found to be "optimal". Any closer and it caused damaged to the tops......about 2 hours was the time span.

Once the optimal spot was found, it really did make a noticeable difference. Can't imagine being without it now.

Top Bottom