uv lighting

• Thread starter efnscreenames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
efnscreenames

efnscreenames

where can you purchase these as supplemental lights as Ive read in the last few weeks of flowering it increases potency and brings out mouth watering colors in the buds.

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

perfect!! if it was a snake it would have bit me lol thanks dude

S

Sunbiz1

Mv put out more UVB , but about half the lumens of aMH bulb.
MH half the UVB of a MV, but twice the lumens.

TY, I need the increased UV to augment natural sun during winter. The MV should do nicely.

I had an MV many years ago. When I was 12, I thought it might be a good idea to use it on myself before going on the family vacation to Florida.

I boarded the plane with a sunburnt face...lol

J

Jalisco Kid

I tried to download their pdf files but I did not work. JK

S

Sunbiz1

I tried to download their pdf files but I did not work. JK

I was able to, it's all tube lighting which require fixtures and ballasts. The MV self-contained ballast medium based bulbs throw out substantially more UV and are already manufactured as a directional bulb. You can screw them into any lamp and point in the right direction without wasting half your energy on the ceiling....although I'll be using those Home Depot clamp fixtures anyways.

J

Jalisco Kid

Sorry sir but the only other ones I am familiar with are the ones that look like patio flood lights but are rated for Zoo use. Those dog food containers towards the bottom of that page are my fav curing jars. Holds 3 lbs. JK
Will these work i was thinking or buying 2 for a 4x4 to see if they will work what do you think.Gracias

Venom818

Venom818

Sorry sir but the only other ones I am familiar with are the ones that look like patio flood lights but are rated for Zoo use. Those dog food containers towards the bottom of that page are my fav curing jars. Holds 3 lbs. JK

good looking out on the containers,Do you have a link where to buy the ones you use?

S

Sunbiz1

Will these work i was thinking or buying 2 for a 4x4 to see if they will work what do you think.Gracias

I did some homework, and the answer is unfortunately no....wrong light spectrum(no red at all). I figured as much, mercury lights have been around longer than HPS etc. If they worked, someone would have figured it out long ago.

I wish they would improve LED's...just not enough bang for the $$ yet.

J

Jalisco Kid

I did some homework, and the answer is unfortunately no....wrong light spectrum(no red at all). I figured as much, mercury lights have been around longer than HPS etc. If they worked, someone would have figured it out long ago.

I wish they would improve LED's...just not enough bang for the $$ yet.

We add these to full spectrum lights to supplement them by adding the uvb. I do so because I feel it increases the depth of flavor in my plants. You can do so cheaply but dangerously by removing the outter glass shell of those mercury vapor lamps. But those uvb rays can do great harm to your skin and eyes. They all will but not as quick.

J

Jalisco Kid

good looking out on the containers,Do you have a link where to buy the ones you use?
I bought mine at petsmart I believe for 36 bucks,airtight. They come in about 4-5 sizes. The one that is about 30" tall hold 3 lbs. easy to stack. Tell them Jalisco sent you for your compa discount.

Venom818

Venom818

We add these to full spectrum lights to supplement them by adding the uvb. I do so because I feel it increases the depth of flavor in my plants. You can do so cheaply but dangerously by removing the outter glass shell of those mercury vapor lamps. But those uvb rays can do great harm to your skin and eyes. They all will but not as quick.

so if we try adding uvb lighting should we wear long sleeves and shades

do you just let your uvb bulbs hang or do you use a hood.gracias

J

Jalisco Kid

so if we try adding uvb lighting should we wear long sleeves and shades

do you just let your uvb bulbs hang or do you use a hood.gracias

YOU enter the room with the uvb lights OFF. Period
This will cause permanent damage to your eyes, I mean as in forever.
I made my clips to hold the pins and hang it horz about 3' above canape.

Venom818

Venom818

YOU enter the room with the uvb lights OFF. Period
This will cause permanent damage to your eyes, I mean as in forever.
I made my clips to hold the pins and hang it horz about 3' above canape.

thnx alot for all your help carnal one last question promise LOL.How many hours a day do you leave the uvb light on?

Latest posts

Top Bottom