UVA/UVB lights last few weeks of flower

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Ok growers here's my question. I know adding UVA/UVB help with potency during the last few weeks of flower. What I have read and looked into UVA/UVB only needs to be on for a few hour typically in the middle of the day or light cycle. So I guess my question is do you guys have a specific type light you use or recommend? Or would these UVA/UVB reptiles lights work? Any info would be much appreciated. I'm coming into week 4 of flower so have a few weeks to use this if it's going to help.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok growers here's my question. I know adding UVA/UVB help with potency during the last few weeks of flower. What I have read and looked into UVA/UVB only needs to be on for a few hour typically in the middle of the day or light cycle. So I guess my question is do you guys have a specific type light you use or recommend? Or would these UVA/UVB reptiles lights work? Any info would be much appreciated. I'm coming into week 4 of flower so have a few weeks to use this if it's going to help.
Good question, I haven't used the UVA/UVB bulbs either and I've read different things about timing, 1 said mid way through the light cycle another said 1/2 hr at lights out. One said 10 min every hour veg through flower??? Also how much coverage do you need in different sized rooms? What wattage for room size? I'd like to try this as well....I'll keep watching and reading maybe we can both figure it out....GL

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Good question, I haven't used the UVA/UVB bulbs either and I've read different things about timing, 1 said mid way through the light cycle another said 1/2 hr at lights out. One said 10 min every hour veg through flower??? Also how much coverage do you need in different sized rooms? What wattage for room size? I'd like to try this as well....I'll keep watching and reading maybe we can both figure it out....GL
Yeah I'm in a 2x2 so thinking 18" fluorescent light bulb. Everything I have read has been 2-4 hours mid day to replicate "high noon" rays. Plant throw out extra tricks to protect itself from sunburn making more potent smoke for you in the end.

Also heard there are "special" lights being made for this but of course they just wanna charge more. Reading people using reptile bulbs and that working just fine. Guess the feeling is something is better then nothing. I'm over here researching reptile bulbs as we speak.

TrublsmScholar

TrublsmScholar

I run mine for only an hour during late stage flowering during the 2nd hour of lights on. I think we can safely treat this like sun tanning. It doesn't really matter what time of day you go as long as you get the job done. Since the light spectrum from our lights are consistent it shouldn't matter too much when...I'd love to see if anyone has actually compared different times of uv exposure as related to different intervals of duration from lights on...

Top Bottom