Vacation & my reefer plants!!!

• Thread starter Kennie_B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kennie_B

Alright guys Im going on vacation this summer for a week & i've already been thinking about how I can keep my mothers alive. I really dont want to tell anyone if possible. What do you guys do when your on or planning on going on vacation for more than just a couple of days???

M

Malachi

get a flood and drain table and put the pump on a timer

B

Beasters X Haze

or if you wanna get real ghetto, get one of those glass plant things on tv

purpleberry

purpleberry

Plant the mothers up a pot size, maybe even in a hempy bucket. Of put them in a large tray with a few inchs of water in the bottom.

Z

zombywolf

If you are in pots with coco-promix-water twice what you would do in a week. I have done this many times and havent lost one yet. Most of what I have only need watering every 4 days-the extra watering buys me 3 more days.

S

salsaduude

Take em with you !! lol j/k
Everyone always forgets the good ole ,cheap as hell,easy to install,WICK SYSTEM !! just take a 5 gallon bucket and a towel for each one,take the towel and roll it up like you were going to smack your buddy on the ass with it,you know,like a whip ,insert into bucket (equal height as your plant pot if possible) lay the other end of the towel around the top of the pot,presto,go and have a great vacation ,no worries about enough water , I used this in the past,works great
p.s. wet the towel before you put in bucket
Enjoy your vacation,dont forget to bring us all back a t-shirt !!

S

salsaduude

p.s p.s.
I forgot to mention, I use bucket lids with a hole in it and rip my towel in half at one end,that way you can do two plants with one bucket if space allows..........
Also,I grow in soil , I would guess this would work for all mediums,try it now,before you go,do a test for a couple days ,if the towel is still wet at the plant end after 3 days,you are in business :)

S

salsaduude

Make sure you got a big res.....

The little turkey baster things you stick in the ground? lol

No HOMO!!!!!

OP: what kind of system are you running and are they flowering or veggin?

If your in soil set up a drip system

hey sky,are you calling me a homo for trying to help someone out ? I was trying to give him a visual for how to do the towel , if you have some hidden tendecies ,how about keeping them to yourself , I really think itsd classless to call someone a name when they were trying to benefit someone who asked a question ,i'm sure in your mind your a legend ,but,how about keeping it unpersonal

S

SkyHi

hey sky,are you calling me a homo for trying to help someone out ? I was trying to give him a visual for how to do the towel , if you have some hidden tendecies ,how about keeping them to yourself , I really think itsd classless to call someone a name when they were trying to benefit someone who asked a question ,i'm sure in your mind your a legend ,but,how about keeping it unpersonal

OK first of all why the fuck did this get my post deleted ....and no i was not calling you a homo i dont know you or dislike you to call you that ....i must be the only one that uses the term...NO homo: is what you say when talking to friends and you accidently say something that can be construed as HOMO....

For example : i was playing xbox last night and i said " holy fuck these kids are good, im getting my ass pounded" immediately after i said "oh shit no homo" get it ? sorry if you thought i was calling you a homo man i apologize.....:handshake

S

salsaduude

you call that justification sky? no one would believe something as lame as that excuse,you directed that at jme,my name was there as a quote,no other words applied,and yes,you obviously are the only one to use that as a term to a stranger, this is the thanks people can expect for sharing knowledge,no wonder people talk in bad terms about some of the "experts" on here,there are some great people on here ,for sure,but, I know I'll be asking and answering my questions elsewhere,I dont need to hear any of that good ole boy attitude from some classless act ,so much for share the knowledge,thanks for making me feel so welcome

T

tcurtiss

I am planning a vacation also, I am think of using a 5 gallon bucket filled with water and a pond pump on a timer to feed the plant via tubes, I will do some testing ahead of time to make sure it is working properly

I spent like $30 on the pump, $19-20 for the timer and $3 for the bucket at the Depot

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
be cool

hey guys, i don't think he meant any harm, some people just aren't very politically correct in their correspondence. youth is a blessing as well as a curse. SkyHi you need to rethink and reread your posts before pushing the (submit reply) thingy. most of the people on here are your elders and or talk a little more respectful to people they don't really know (especially someone trying to help). your close friends are a different story.

mal

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes it's a stupid term but I've heard it used just that way. Tough to explain regional colloquialisms and sarcarm on the net. Stick to straight up dictionary speak or people get their panties in a bunch.

K

Kennie_B

Everything WILL be OK guys!
Does anybody else have a good method for leaving your girls for a week long vacation?(besides being finished up before hand) (ONLY mothers! No flowering plants)
All the ideas so far are really great but anybody who has a tried a true method PLEASE speak up!

S

SkyHi

Yes it's a stupid term but I've heard it used just that way. Tough to explain regional colloquialisms and sarcarm on the net. Stick to straight up dictionary speak or people get their panties in a bunch.

I know man i was expecting maybe a few laughs and stuff but i come back and dudes pissed lol i guess i would be too if i thought someone was calling me a homo...any ways i apologized ...ill keep it to buddies next time

Everything WILL be OK guys!
Does anybody else have a good method for leaving your girls for a week long vacation?(besides being finished up before hand) (ONLY mothers! No flowering plants)
All the ideas so far are really great but anybody who has a tried a true method PLEASE speak up!

Honestly if your moms are in a big enough pots it should last the week...just drnch them once before you leave ....or if you have some room between the top of the soil and the top of the bucket get the stuff poeple put in holes outdoor i forget the name? the stuff absorbs crazy amount of water a slowly releases it ...goodluck

Top Bottom