Vacuum Oven Upgrades And Automation

• Thread starter happyinmendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happyinmendo

I've been thinking of the reasons the oven and extractors work and how to improve their operation and consistence.

One thing I've noticed is that for causing muffining exposing the oil to evaporation, the pump could be smaller or have a value driven operation.

Does this exist? Who makes a solvent measuring pump to pull just the right amount of vacuum until it is ready and implodes.

I've been watching videos and wondered if a needle valve would work here as well.

Does anyone have an ai oven they have modified to do this?

How about replacing or adding a nitrogen blanketing input for oxidation protection?

If you guys have any information on this I'd love to hear it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're on Facebook, right? There's someone I could put you in touch with, out in Santa Cruz. Dude has extremely strong opinions on how to make concentrates, but he also shares the knowledge. Rough around the edges, but seems honest enough to me.

Graywolf

Graywolf

It is easy to control vacuum levels with the back fill bleed valve.

We bleed in N2, but you can just bleed air.

H

happyinmendo

What calculation could you use to decide how much flow you want?

Graywolf

Graywolf

No calcs necessary. Open vacuum port wide open and bleed in N2 to hold -29.5" Hg through the back fill valve.

H

happyinmendo

Can you just use the regulator flow valve? I'm going to cut my ai tube going to the vent port, feed it in with a radnor argon regulator using n2 there so I can still release pressure. I just removed side panel.

Will this work?

H

happyinmendo

If you use 90 to start with butane, would you use a colder start temp for propane?

Top Bottom