Vacuum Pressure??

• Thread starter Aquagrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aquagrow

Running (465-cfm) intake blower + can-combo 33-6" (170-cfm) exhaust in 4X5 space. No need for co2 at night so I wanted to shut off intake at night. Tried it but seemed to create alot of vacuum-like pressure.

Question-Should I just leave the intake on 24-7 to avoid problems or is there a remedy?

...i understand a passive vent or two might help, but then im loosing light etc...

20north

leave it on and your out take from what ive researched its favorable to have a stronger fan for your outtake than for your intake because i think you will run in to smell problems. ive heard its good to have vacuum pressure but you still want an intake and mostly not just a passive one

G

GroHi

Actually that's exactly what you want... the scrubber to be pulling all the air into the room, through the scrub, then vent out to change the entire volume of air. If done well, you will get all sorts of negative air pressure w/in your grow chamber... no odors can possibly escape- a very strong bonus to this method.

20N is pretty much right on... never heard of using a larger fan as your intake w a smaller one as your out vent... you are swelling the room w air & it has no option but to escape through opening other than your scrub exhaust.

Quite frankly, I've never used an intake fan... ever. Just got really big scrub fans to pull all the air through the rooms & out the exhaust. Pretty sure this is SOP. Peace brother!

A

Aquagrow

When I stop and think about it...my real question is - Will a constant supply off fresh air at night inhibit transpiration to a noticable degree in plant/performance?

R

Rolln J

constant fresh air at night helps keep your humidity from spiking.

organicozarks

organicozarks

I run a 6" 400 cfm fan with a 6" passive intake, and nevr turn it off. The only major thing that I have ran into is that when the temps drop outside my shit starts to turn a little purple.

A

Aquagrow

Well what i ended up doing is tuning down my intake a bit so my panda paper door no longer looked like a jiffy-pop bag. It helped but i still need to get the correct speed contoller for my active air 465 squirrel fan. The controller i have now makes the unit hum....but otherwise as a 1st time grow in the 2nd week of veg. things look darn good. Thanks.

20north

:icon_spin:i like that swelling the room hah:icon_spin:
:smiley_joint:

yea its going to look good but when things start to reek your going to have soooooooooooo many problems with stanky smells

really why are you running your fans like that switch them man its REALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!
just go to some store and get a flange for your sqirrle cage and make it your out take you really wont be sorry..... or just upgrade and get a nice outtake fan your going to run in to all kinds of trouble k....having negitive pressure is good i mean vaccume pressure it seems like your doing the oposite .. sounds like you did a good job on the panda plastic

R

readytolearn

how are you losing light with a passive intake? I would leave the intake on at night or just have a passive intake..eitherway the girls love fresh air!!

Top Bottom