Vaporizing sulfur in late bloom (6th week) to figtt PM

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Hey guys,

I am very frustrated with PM, I had it my last grow, and it struck back in my second grow. I really don't want to want to end up cutting off buds due to PM.

I have tons of airflow, and I don't have space in my setup to add a heater or dehumidifier.

At the moment I am exactly at the six week mark (day 42). I plan on taking my plants to day 70.

Is it too late to vaporize sulfur.

I read of people saying don't do it after 4 weeks. Then I also hear others say they run it up to the last week with no problems.

I am really confused and frustrated with this matter. Any input would be appreciated.

J

Jalisco Kid

I never have fumed sulfur that far in, I have tasted buds done in week 6 of 8,I tasted the sulfur. Have you tried spraying your plant with 35% peroxide? Or use DM's Zone?
If you had access to a small airbrush I would try it out. When your finished with your harvest spray some physan 20 everywhere,if you have access to a compressor/blower use that to get behind baseboards,a/c, ventaltion ect. I would then burn sulfur hard for about 8 hours running everything(fans, a/c,humidifier dehumidifier) Then is your second week of flowering burn sulfur for 4 hrs a couple nights in a row. Suerte JK

H

HighTolerance

I never have fumed sulfur that far in, I have tasted buds done in week 6 of 8,I tasted the sulfur. Have you tried spraying your plant with 35% peroxide? Or use DM's Zone?
If you had access to a small airbrush I would try it out. When your finished with your harvest spray some physan 20 everywhere,if you have access to a compressor/blower use that to get behind baseboards,a/c, ventaltion ect. I would then burn sulfur hard for about 8 hours running everything(fans, a/c,humidifier dehumidifier) Then is your second week of flowering burn sulfur for 4 hrs a couple nights in a row. Suerte JK

si suerte senor.

thanks a lot for the input. mate.

I will definitely do everything as you mention once this grow is over.

But I am still a bit confused about dealing with it at the moment. I remember RJ mentioned greencure,

I don't have access to an airbrush, can I use a mister?

When would I spray, lights on or off, I am really scared of damaging the flowers.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Lil air compressor works good for blowing off the final trimmed product. any pm dust gets blowed right off. I had that prob once and did just that.. i wouldn't burn sulfer that late into flowering either. Not really much you can do this late into flower without effecting the finished product.
They make a fungus type bombs.
fungaflorlarge.jpg

I have had excellent results . I bomb the room after every grow>>>>no bubbles no troubles

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I have seen Green cure work. For your next round do you have room to add a shelf and stick a dehumidafier on top of it? JACK

H

HighTolerance

Lil air compressor works good for blowing off the final trimmed product. any pm dust gets blowed right off. I had that prob once and did just that.. i wouldn't burn sulfer that late into flowering either. Not really much you can do this late into flower without effecting the finished product.
fungaflorlarge.jpg

I have had excellent results . I bomb the room after every grow>>>>no bubbles no troubles

Thanks GTD for your input. I will definitely pick up the bomb. I don't have room for a dehumidifier, however I could probably sacrifice some plant space and put it there.

Also for next round I am definitely having the sulfur on hand and i plan on running it up to the 3-4 week mark as a preventative measure.

I have seen Green cure work. For your next round do you have room to add a shelf and stick a dehumidafier on top of it? JACK

Thanks Jack, how late have you seen green cure work in flowering, as late as 6-7th week?

H

HighTolerance

Here is a paste from the link.

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/h...recognize-control-prevent-powdery-mildew.html

"* Alkaline water:
Alkaline water can affect powdery mildew, as mildew cannot grow in basic conditions. Mist plants generously with water at 8.0+ pH frequently; discontinue when buds begin to mature to prevent budrot.

[Editor's note: this does work and is effective in late flower. Alkaline water does not seem to affect buds or bud hairs. The effect is temporary, but drastically slows mildew grow and spread. Reapply every 4-5 days.]"
-----------------------

Any input on this topic about using alkaline water in late flowering to control PM. Couple of questions.

How alkaline should I make the water, 9?.

Would GH pH up be fine to make the water alkaline.

I am thinking RO would be best, right?

P

pharmaseed

Be veryyyyyy careful with the fungaflor bombs I tried them once in veg when i had a rust problem and lets just say it literally almost killed my plants the only part the stayed good was the new growth in the center the rest of the leaves turned purple and orange and felt like leather a few days following they where crisp. when i asked my buddy who owns a hydro store he said that some strains cant tolerate them. ill try and post some pics 2 moro

H

HighTolerance

Be veryyyyyy careful with the fungaflor bombs I tried them once in veg when i had a rust problem and lets just say it literally almost killed my plants the only part the stayed good was the new growth in the center the rest of the leaves turned purple and orange and felt like leather a few days following they where crisp. when i asked my buddy who owns a hydro store he said that some strains cant tolerate them. ill try and post some pics 2 moro

bro did you bomb while your plants were in the room :sweating.

you supposed to :character0095: bomb before the grow.

H

HighTolerance

I reckon PM is systemic, how do you get it completely out of the system.

P

pharmaseed

no its suppose to be used during im almost 100%.. i did how ever use the 2 extra ones i bought before my last run.. have your tried serenade yet ???

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sup HT... I use Dutch Masters Zone and Penetrator as late as the week before final flush... Spot treated affected buds and leaves during my 3rd Round... No PM at harvest, but it's still around so I'll have to bomb the room if I can get out of the perpetual grow... :giggle

H

HighTolerance

Sup HT... I use Dutch Masters Zone and Penetrator as late as the week before final flush... Spot treated affected buds and leaves during my 3rd Round... No PM at harvest, but it's still around so I'll have to bomb the room if I can get out of the perpetual grow... :giggle

Thanks Shady, it is great to know that zone and penetrator work well that late.

I will sure pick it up on monday. I really want to take the og longer then 55 days like last time. thinking at least 60-65 days.

H

HighTolerance

Update: I sprayed some pH 9.5 water, it helped a bit but not enough. the disturbance to the hair was there but it was minimal.

E

ent

This late in bloom you are not going to want to burn sulfur, nor are you going to want to use neem or any other stinky oils.

I've heard of good things about penetrator + zone. I'm not sure if zone is oil based, and it doesn't say on their labeling or the MSDS document. I'd like to know for future reference.

Others have mentioned greencure and I would also recommend that. I'd recommend any potassium bicarbonate based product. These can be sprayed almost up to harvest without a nasty after taste. They work better than milk or baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).

After you harvest you will need to clean, clean and clean some more. Use a diluted bleach spray and the funglaflor isn't a bad idea too. When the plants are out, you cannot over clean.

afaik, PM is not systematic, although it does burrow it's 'root' within the plant.

H

HighTolerance

This late in bloom you are not going to want to burn sulfur, nor are you going to want to use neem or any other stinky oils.

I've heard of good things about penetrator + zone. I'm not sure if zone is oil based, and it doesn't say on their labeling or the MSDS document. I'd like to know for future reference.

Others have mentioned greencure and I would also recommend that. I'd recommend any potassium bicarbonate based product. These can be sprayed almost up to harvest without a nasty after taste. They work better than milk or baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).

After you harvest you will need to clean, clean and clean some more. Use a diluted bleach spray and the funglaflor isn't a bad idea too. When the plants are out, you cannot over clean.

afaik, PM is not systematic, although it does burrow it's 'root' within the plant.

Thanks bro for some awesome information.

I don't know why I am thinking PM was systemic, guess it's not.

I cleaned the shit out of the room before this run, I think it is time I step up to the sulfur burner for next run, I will still clean the snappers out of my room with a diluted bleach solution.

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

fungaflorlarge.jpg

do you think that bomb is too big for a sealed room that is a total volume of approximately 600 sq ft?

E

ent

do you think that bomb is too big for a sealed room that is a total volume of approximately 600 sq ft?

if the plants are removed from the room i do not believe it will be a problem. obviously, don't stick around.

true grit

true grit

Yeah should be systemic. I'm going to try running beneficials (microorganisms/bacteria/yada- ie. Roots Oregonism) on this next round of plants for systemic results but have seen tremendous results with Green Cure. According to Green Cure it is usable all the way up til harvest and post harvest on fruits. I sprayed some on a few buds post harvest (personal stash) last run and have been smoking them with no issues and plan on using Green Cure on a few buds right before harvest so I can push the whole plant.

Try out the Oregonism. That should help the plant out.

GTD- Nice on the airbrush for buds post trim. Pretty smart bro..

Top Bottom