Variety that can tell time... 18 vs 24

• Thread starter cigarifama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cigarifama

A friend of mine was growing some Tighty Whitey (shishka berry X el nino X white widow). He got his clones from a mother that was kept on an 18 hr cycle. He put the clones into his veg room and they were doing amazing for the first bit, but after about a week they started to show signs of stress.

The leaves were all drooping, lower leaves turned a lighter color, and there were little brown spots on a few leaves. The plants looked weak overall. He dialed down the nutes, and that didn't work. He flushed the medium and that didn't work. I noticed that they all looked a little weaker around 9pm and a bit stronger the next morning, but gradually got worse by the day..

He had always put his plants into 24hr veg, so the thought never occured. And besides, "this plant is suppose to be real hardy, so it should handle better than the more finicky plants" he used to grow..

We figured that it wouldn't hurt and could only help if we put them on 18 hrs, and voila! They sprung right back up the next day and turned super dark... They looked incredibaly healthy, in comparison. One of the hardiest strains he's worked with, since the time change.

Now everyday, he sees them droop 30 mins before bed time, and spring back up 30 mins before wake. These plants have memory... Or is it something else?

Anyone know what's happened here?

C

cousin_ed

ive noticed my plants act this way. 24/7 always seemed to stress mine.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Some of what u described is normal. I have strain that by the third day of flowering she knows what time it is, and droops before lights out.

Top Bottom