veg+bloom, 1 part powder in socal tap

• Thread starter ill eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Nice Josh~! My update is Im doing hybrid with low ppm (500), small coco cloth pot multi feed combined with 1x week Nectar for the Gods - Basic schedule so far, but just got rest of bottles to do Intermediate at least (including Kraken, which has tremendous promise and have only heard great things).

My experiences have been impacted thus far by transpiration, heat, etc. But Im fixing that with better environment now, and Nectar is calcium based, pre digested/chelated. Hopefully best of both worlds.
So far, girls super happy. Roar

Oh, was told by buddy that JungleBoyz switched to Veg+Bloom now and havent looked back. Their endorsement means way more than mine.

J

joshbot

Very nice!
So, you're using a calcium supplement?
I was under the assumption that veg plus bloom had calcium and magnesium added to it so you wouldn't need a calcium or magnesium supplement.
Either way, it couldn't hurt.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Very nice!
I was under the assumption that veg plus bloom had calcium and magnesium added to it so you wouldn't need a calcium or magnesium supplement.
1x a week hand feeding Advanced Schedule N4tG full line, including Kraken.

As I'd guessed and hoped, Nectar nutes lock down safe pH, control calcium, magnesium, and salts. PERFECT combination.

My lazy ass needs to up to 2x a week probably but will maybe save that for mid flower to pack weight, then also to finish for flavor.

Low ppm (500) veg and bloom, 8x day, 4 seconds on short cycle timer.

Vegging plants have exploded last 10 days. Massive side branches now breaking from weight, cant delay cages and flower much more. Best bushes indoor Ive ever seen.

So far experiment totally successful.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Very nice!
I am new to my method and didnt monitor nute uptake before. Had terrible transpiraton and subsequent lockouts.

Thats why now into low low ppm V+B, with Nectar for the Gods to help balance and keep calcium super duper high. Together they're kicking ass. They both work but in different ways. Both are very pH stable, both are very complete with included side nutrients/healthy additives, both VERY bio available.

V+B is mineral/salt so its tiny chains are small and easily absorbed.
Nectar is pre-digested with enzymes (and ??) so its broken down, can't run hot.

Im super happy so far and proceeding very slowly and carefully.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Just wanted to post my results from my last run with VegBloom RO/Soft in Tupur (coco w/ perlite). Did not run VB in veg, but switched to it for flower. Maxed out at 1.3 EC. 3 gal Dirt Pots 8 pots per 4x8 table. Watered 3 times a day mid flower. Flushed for 19 days. Temps dropped to 65 by last 6 days. Strain is Extreme Cream by Exotic Genetix. Tested at PSI Labs at 33% Cannabanoides, 31.8% THC. Enjoy!

DankemsHunter - IG

EC 3
EC 4
EC 1
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Anyone tried using a combination of +Shine and MOAB late in flower?

IMO it may be redundant. Moab is mostly mkp and shine is (I beleive) mkp with some additives. Bump your pk up too high and its burn city. Never fun trimming burnt up brown leaves out of the buds.

I've been using an equivalent of Moab as a booster instead of the shine, it's worked well so far.

J

joshbot

Funkadelic:
Thanks for the breakdown.. makes perfect sense.

I thought I'd chime in with the results from my VB RO 3x pineapple express in DWC bubbleponics w/ 2x 300 watt led.
This was my first grow. I started using VB Shine during flower and used a bit of AN Overdrive the last 2 weeks, followed up with a flush using the AN product.
I netted 6 oz dry from 3 PE plants, along with 3/4 oz from 2 afgooey hempy's that went from small clone directly into flower.

It may just be excessive pride coloring my experience, but the PE bud is powerful and uplifting. It tastes like apples/lemons with a bit o mango and turns into white ash when smoked.

IMG 2293
justiceman

justiceman

Just cruised through the pictures and some comments in this thread. Seems like some really good stuff! I like the simple approach to just adding one base. I'm currently using GH micro and bloom. I might have to give this stuff a try next time around to see the difference!

Wisher619

Wisher619

Do you think this would work as a source of caco3

My tap water is 0.1ec and even with 0.2ec calmag added I was seeing some cal deficiencies and a bit of lockout my last round. Since the vb is designed to use with tap water I think that means it's dependent upon the carbonate content of the source water for it to work its best.
I just got off the phone with HR
I asked about using Tap water and why to use it
the guy told me you need to use it for the buffers to keep the ph stable
doesn't have to do with Cal or anything else...just buffers
but he told me if I wasn't comfortable with Tap water then use Cal Mg which I guess helps with buffering

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I just got off the phone with HR
I asked about using Tap water and why to use it
the guy told me you need to use it for the buffers to keep the ph stable
doesn't have to do with Cal or anything else...just buffers
but he told me if I wasn't comfortable with Tap water then use Cal Mg which I guess helps with buffering

Yea, I figured that's what it was about. I've been using epson salt @ 0.2 g for each gram of vb HD and its been working well. Comes out at like 5.6-5.7ph and I adjust it to 5.9. Stays stable for a couple days.

justiceman

justiceman

So I mixed up a gallon at about .9EC 7-9 days ago in a 1 gal jug. Ph'd it to 5.9 and I have about a half gallon left. Just checked the ph and it's at 6.0. This stuff is damn stable. I like that.

Wisher619

Wisher619

So I mixed up a gallon at about .9EC 7-9 days ago in a 1 gal jug. Ph'd it to 5.9 and I have about a half gallon left. Just checked the ph and it's at 6.0. This stuff is damn stable. I like that.
so did you use just RO water or cut with tap or calmg
sounds good

justiceman

justiceman

I used just RO with the RO/Soft formula. It may be of note that my R/O still comes out at around 30-40ppm(.1EC) lol.
I may try bringing up the RO to .2EC-.3EC next time and doing a stability test as well.

I wonder why even though it's an RO formula the directions on the back state to bring your water up to .3EC before you add the nutrients yet the front says "Recommended for use with all coco, hydroponic & aeroponic systems with water quality between 0.0-0.3EC" That would indicate to me that it's okay to add the nutrients to the water as long as it doesn't exceed 0.3EC

bdank

bdank

I just finished my 3rd round of v+b and it keeps getting better the more i use it and tweak to my own settings. Im in tupur under floros in veg. i noticed i needed epsom salt (not calmag) and that shaped up the veg from its mag def (ec to 1.3).

1000hps/mh...In flower i have a starting ec of .3 (r/0 plus a little residual from previous rez=.3). I then add about 150g to a 55 gal rez. to get 1.3/1.4. Once i start using the p/k boost i only use 100-120g of base and 55g of p/k to get the 1.3-1.4 ec. most varieties liked it. a few like sour d and gg4 wanted more food. I think next round i may try 1.5ec.

Top Bottom